BigBasket faces data breach; details of 2 crore users put on sale on dark web

195°
Missing
Critic
350
2484
37

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/bigbask...

Time to change the password/email ID associated with bigbasket & being also used at other sites.

@_One_Miller_ @bikidas2060

18 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Missing
suspended
145
893
2

i always use otp to signin and email id change karne se hum safe hai?
address tho same hai na…
and i nvr used/added cr card to place order

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
sravz86 wrote:

i always use otp to signin and email id change karne se hum safe hai?
address tho same hai na…
and i nvr used/added cr card to place order

Address is not that important(at least for Indian citizens as in India it is very difficult to commit an identity theft scam based on address compared to USA), fraudsters most interested in same email IDs used at other important sites & use them for password reset or other targeted attack.

Missing
Deal Cadet
89
262
2

Bigbasket data breach: Bigbasket faces potential data breach; details of 2 crore users put on sale on dark web, Retail News, ET Retail https://t.co/IB42...r4

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
sravz86 wrote:

@guest_999

Personal details were not hashed/encrypted but passwords were hashed though which cipher was used is not known because if it is a weak one then it can be cracked easily. For peace of mind change email id & password in all other accounts same as bigbasket account.

Missing
suspended
145
893
2
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Personal details were not hashed/encrypted but passwords were hashed though which cipher was used is not known because if it is a weak one then it can be cracked easily. For peace of mind change email id & password in all other accounts same as bigbasket account.

thank you and i mentioned your name, because it’s repost

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
547
5976
255

was there a password for bigbasket login? i have only seen OTP based phone/email logins.

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
Expand
sravz86 wrote:

thank you and i mentioned your name, because it’s repost

Ok I thought toi article has some different info so asking for more clarification. Thanks smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
156
821
31

Unable to delete card details on bibbasket. nothing happens when you click on delete

Missing
Deal Subedar
172
1556
13
Birla.Veena wrote:

Bigbasket data breach: Bigbasket faces potential data breach; details of 2 crore users put on sale on dark web, Retail News, ET Retail https://t.co/IB42...r4

What is more shocking to me is that they have 2 Crore users

Missing
Deal Subedar
172
1556
13
schumacher wrote:

Unable to delete card details on bibbasket. nothing happens when you click on delete

Time to pray pray

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
schumacher wrote:

Unable to delete card details on bibbasket. nothing happens when you click on delete

It is better then to ask for a replacement card.

Missing
Deal Cadet
15
300
4

My citi bank CC was used for fraud once
From then I am cautious from saving a CC in any website
Always enter your own card details.
delete whereever it is saved

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
bpadman wrote:

My citi bank CC was used for fraud once
From then I am cautious from saving a CC in any website
Always enter your own card details.
delete whereever it is saved

You can save cc safely in sites like amazon & flipkart(especially now when it is Walmart owned), their security system is better than most Indian banks. Paypal of course is even better.

Missing
Deal Cadet
156
821
31

I have 3 cards saved on Bb. Should I get them all replaced to be on the safe side? International transactions is turned off on all of them, is it still susceptible?

Missing
Critic
350
2484
37
schumacher wrote:

I have 3 cards saved on Bb. Should I get them all replaced to be on the safe side? International transactions is turned off on all of them, is it still susceptible?

If international transactions are disabled(& never going to use them) then not much to worry about as all Indian transactions require otp. Still replace the card which is having most limit/most valuable as per you & on which you might do international transactions in future.

Missing
Deal Newbie
39
91
2
schumacher wrote:

I have 3 cards saved on Bb. Should I get them all replaced to be on the safe side? International transactions is turned off on all of them, is it still susceptible?

It’s dark web. Better you should replace them.

Missing