Bike suggetions plz

223°
Missing
Deal Cadet
119
180
5

Thinking to buy a new bike under 1 lac, totally confused, so give me some suggestions guys🙄

29 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
116
675
21
Stardeals wrote:

Increase some amount…Nd go for Pulsar 220F

Bajaj bikes start giving problems after 4-5 years
I would suggest go for yamaha, suzuki or honda

Missing
Analyst
575
10318
104
Expand
karanoshan wrote:

Bajaj bikes start giving problems after 4-5 years
I would suggest go for yamaha, suzuki or honda

Working fine for me…bt Yamaha gives mileage issue after 4,4.5 years…Don’t know about Honda bikes nd suzuki

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
Stardeals wrote:

Working fine for me…bt Yamaha gives mileage issue after 4,4.5 years…Don’t know about Honda bikes nd suzuki

Yamahas are the most reliable ones in the lot. Mileage issue is completely dependent on the driving style.
There are ppl who get 20kmpl and others getting 40+kmpl for the same model same year manufactured yamaha bikes.

Missing
Analyst
575
10318
104
Expand
dev007 wrote:

Yamahas are the most reliable ones in the lot. Mileage issue is completely dependent on the driving style.
There are ppl who get 20kmpl and others getting 40+kmpl for the same model same year manufactured yamaha bikes.

Yea…Totally depends upon ur driving skill…Using Yamaha fz s since 5,6 years…bt Now getting low mileage if compares from starting. But very reliable in driving plus1 , pulsar 220f is good in terms of mileage nd pick up if u will differentiate with both of them

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
Stardeals wrote:

Yea…Totally depends upon ur driving skill…Using Yamaha fz s since 5,6 years…bt Now getting low mileage if compares from starting

So how much mileage are you getting for yamaha fzs..?
I’m. Seeing somewhere around 40 for a 201403 model

Missing
Entertainer
348
936
17

Check AutoCar India YouTube channel bro.
They do reviews of some bikes too.
They are good at it and you can trust them.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
501
4083
48
Expand
dev007 wrote:

Yamahas are the most reliable ones in the lot. Mileage issue is completely dependent on the driving style.
There are ppl who get 20kmpl and others getting 40+kmpl for the same model same year manufactured yamaha bikes.

Was good. Now Their new fz series sucks…no more old yahmaha quality..

Missing
Analyst
575
10318
104
Expand
dev007 wrote:

So how much mileage are you getting for yamaha fzs..?
I’m. Seeing somewhere around 40 for a 201403 model

Sometimes I got 28-30 km/h , nd max. is 33-34

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Was good. Now Their new fz series sucks…no more old yahmaha quality..

Yeah due to their all electronic control systems, FI models, removal of kick rods, seasoned mechanics are facing hard time in repairing /servicing these 2.0 and above versions.

Missing
Deal Cadet
116
675
21
Expand
Stardeals wrote:

Working fine for me…bt Yamaha gives mileage issue after 4,4.5 years…Don’t know about Honda bikes nd suzuki

My 2012 fz runs smooth

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22

So rakshith, see if you can get An apache in your budget. I rode the latest one, and the driving comfort is awesome, even better than the fzs, and mileage is on higher side , again all the experiences are subjective and changes from person to person, but do give a test drive of it and see how you feel.

But what humans/dimers are we if we won’t recommend a deal for you, so here you go,

Here is the story and approx calculations.
Mr. A purchased a second hand yamaha szr for around 30k. Drove it for 2-4 years and sold it off for around 27k. Total repair cost in these time is 10k or at max 15k.

Mr.B purchased a brand new fzs for 80-90k, at around same time, no major repairs except usual wear and tear, maybe around 10k. Now, How much would this bike get in second hand market.. Around 40-50k. Cost of ownership is approximately 40-50k for these years for new bike, whereas for a second hand bike despite all those repairs, it will be 20-30 k

I know getting a new bike is an emotion

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
dev007 wrote:

So rakshith, see if you can get An apache in your budget. I rode the latest one, and the driving comfort is awesome, even better than the fzs, and mileage is on higher side , again all the experiences are subjective and changes from person to person, but do give a test drive of it and see how you feel.

But what humans/dimers are we if we won’t recommend a deal for you, so here you go,

Here is the story and approx calculations.
Mr. A purchased a second hand yamaha szr for around 30k. Drove it for 2-4 years and sold it off for around 27k. Total repair cost in these time is 10k or at max 15k.

Mr.B purchased a brand new fzs for 80-90k, at around same time, no major repairs except usual wear and tear, maybe around 10k. Now, How much would this bike get in second hand market.. Around 40-50k. Cost of ownership is approximately 40-50k for these years for new bike, whereas for a second hand bike despite all those repairs, it will be 20-30 k

I know getting a new bike is an emotion

So choose as per your requirements and needs,
See the new fz as well as the new apache, if they fit in your budget, go for a test drive and then decide.

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,657
3871
67
dev007 wrote:

So rakshith, see if you can get An apache in your budget. I rode the latest one, and the driving comfort is awesome, even better than the fzs, and mileage is on higher side , again all the experiences are subjective and changes from person to person, but do give a test drive of it and see how you feel.

But what humans/dimers are we if we won’t recommend a deal for you, so here you go,

Here is the story and approx calculations.
Mr. A purchased a second hand yamaha szr for around 30k. Drove it for 2-4 years and sold it off for around 27k. Total repair cost in these time is 10k or at max 15k.

Mr.B purchased a brand new fzs for 80-90k, at around same time, no major repairs except usual wear and tear, maybe around 10k. Now, How much would this bike get in second hand market.. Around 40-50k. Cost of ownership is approximately 40-50k for these years for new bike, whereas for a second hand bike despite all those repairs, it will be 20-30 k

I know getting a new bike is an emotion

Love your way of explaining stuff bro. KG! plus1

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,657
3871
67
Expand
karanoshan wrote:

Bajaj bikes start giving problems after 4-5 years
I would suggest go for yamaha, suzuki or honda

Who told you this? May be new ones.. rolleyes

#HoodiBabaUsersDeniedThis

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4762
139
Expand
disparaks wrote:

Approx 80-100km

Daily? wow.

Anyway, what is the feature you are looking in a bike. Mileage or power. Remember, high end bikes don’t have good mileage and good mileage bikes don’t have high cc.

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,657
3871
67
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Daily? wow.

Anyway, what is the feature you are looking in a bike. Mileage or power. Remember, high end bikes don’t have good mileage and good mileage bikes don’t have high cc.

People with travelling/ marketing jobs kinda run more than that. expressionless I agree with your point that mileage and cc power can not be put in the same room. Still I think new 125 cc splendor solves it for both. There is one new launch from TVS meeting this demand. Let op choose what’s good for him. Old 1st models were the best in this scenario. The per km cost was as min as 60 paise. grin

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4762
139
Expand
deb3l wrote:

People with travelling/ marketing jobs kinda run more than that. expressionless I agree with your point that mileage and cc power can not be put in the same room. Still I think new 125 cc splendor solves it for both. There is one new launch from TVS meeting this demand. Let op choose what’s good for him. Old 1st models were the best in this scenario. The per km cost was as min as 60 paise. grin

That’s why I was asking. If he has to drive his bike that much then he should look for a bike with better mileage. Otherwise petrol alone will easily cost him 200-250 rs per day.

Hero and TVS bikes have good milage. plus1

Missing
Deal Cadet
119
180
5
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Daily? wow.

Anyway, what is the feature you are looking in a bike. Mileage or power. Remember, high end bikes don’t have good mileage and good mileage bikes don’t have high cc.

Sry btw weekdays approx 30 weekends 80-100kms bro

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
895
6
Expand
karanoshan wrote:

Bajaj bikes start giving problems after 4-5 years
I would suggest go for yamaha, suzuki or honda

who said that..m having pulsar since 2011..an is working fine…the problm is people over accelerate it and put more pressure on engine…i also drive it at higher speed but it has not given me any problem till date..

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
disparaks wrote:

Sry btw weekdays approx 30 weekends 80-100kms bro

Okay then both my recommendations also stands valid. If you’re doing 80-100 daily, then you have to go for a brand new bike which also gives better mileage. If its 30 daily, any 150 cc bike should be okay which is giving 40+ kmpl. (those were the days where we used to get 60+kmpl and 50 used to be low mileage, though they were 100cc ones)

Missing
Tech Guru
222
19279
189

Look for comfort first and then after-sales.
And then consider the second-hand market price for smooth sell after 3-5 years smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
26
1558
26

Buy Apache RTR 160 4V. Its excellent for your needs. Comfortable seating position, decent mileage (45 kmpl), good performance and engine is the best yet at this CC from TVS.

Never drive any bike rashly like those idiots in traffic do. All engines will die prematurely after a few years of rash driving.

Missing
Deal Cadet
65
133
8
Expand
disparaks wrote:

Approx 80-100km

I was going to recommend an e-cycle as you will recover the cost in no time. I guess this becomes a bit hard to choose.

But if you see the added health benefits then by all means purchase an e-cycle & also get the safety gears and a Personal accident cover for your self as your life is precious.

Missing
Deal Cadet
119
180
5
Expand
harishgayatri wrote:

I was going to recommend an e-cycle as you will recover the cost in no time. I guess this becomes a bit hard to choose.

But if you see the added health benefits then by all means purchase an e-cycle & also get the safety gears and a Personal accident cover for your self as your life is precious.

Oh really, ure suggesting to take e-cycle? I doubt u travel in tonga😂

Missing
Deal Cadet
65
133
8
Expand
disparaks wrote:

Oh really, ure suggesting to take e-cycle? I doubt u travel in tonga😂

that’s one horse power dude. don’t laugh.

Missing
Lenskart floting icon