Hot Deal

Buying Poco X2 128 GB today again..just for MIUI Dialer and Call Recording

1116°
Helpful
hese
Hey guys, have been using MIUI since few years. Would have bought Mi 11 Lite (less weight) on day one if it has Miui Dialer. Have found MIUI Call Logs, Call Recordings most suitable for me. I have following devices in my family members at home. 1. Poco X2 (256GB version) 2. Redmi Note 9 pro max (8GB RAM) 3. Poco M2 Pro (128GB version) 4. Mi Max 2 (Only Screen Broke but working) 5. Redmi Note 4 (Perfectly working condition) All of them has MIUI Dialer - Unlimited Call Log and Call Recording for every call automatically ( This is must for me ), also can easily open all call record files of one single contact. Since few months Redmi Note 4 is slowing down a bit.. it has 48000+ calls history and recordings. So after seeing so many YouTube videos and taking suggestions from so many dimers buying Poco X2 128 GB again version since 256GB is out of stock since long time. Many suggested flashing ROM etc,. not interested in that way because heavy usage of all banking and upi apps, don't want to take even 1% risk. So just creating this thread to take final call/suggestion from dimers before buying.. Thanks in advance. Need a phone which is released in last one year has MIUI Dialer out of the box immediately and budget is upto 25000. Also Can i get 256GB Poco X2 anywhere offline in Hyderabad/Telangana? Please let me know
38 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

poco x2 has camera and display issues which is due to some ICs in motherboard getting short.So its hardware defect.DONT go for it now.regarding dialer,you can get it by custom rom(try xiaomi indonesia rom,miui with miui dialer).Tons of videos available on youtube.Not much hard. But you have to wait for bootloader unlock.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

yeah have seen many videos reg that issue and company statement reg that. i will take risk in that. thanks for your valuable feedback smile

View 1 more reply
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

OP buying Mi phone for Mi Dialer & auto Call Recording.
Mi Devs & Mi Creative team : Main Keya karu Phir ? job chhod du ?

These features are achievable by apps in any phone

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Not getting that clarity in call recording as was there in built in apps.
In realme 7 pro, I have to use truephone dialer for call recording.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Unlock bootloader and Flash China rom or xiaomi.eu rom and get MIUI dialer on any Mi mobile. Dont use magisk if you dont want root and unnecessary Magisk Hide and stuff for banking apps to work.
For call recording , use cube ACR on any phone.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If i buy Mi 11 Lite and use Indonesian ROM will banking and upi apps work perfectly? What about phone warranty…? No idea reg this.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Looks like Mi 11 lite is also good option but does any know who will change it to Indonesian ROM at nominal price in hyderabad.. don’t want to take risk myself.. i have never tried.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Get any phone of Mi you’ll not get Mi dailer now.

For any new phone like Mi 11 lite, the development would take time specially twrp, so you must be prepared to wait atleast few weeks till you can flash EU rom. Wouldn’t suggest to flash Indo rom.

Other option is Poco X3 Pro, falls in your budget and development is good, already twrp recovery and EU rom available. I personally didn’t like this ph and sold it within a month or two.

I can flash rom remotely via team viewer if needed. You can always ping me. Offcourse I will charge like you’ll make me admin for a day and I’ll ban all other admins and mods. 😂

Btw: to unlock bootloader you still have to wait 7 days and your phone will be formatted. So usually when I buy Mi phones I keep it in drawer for 7 days after adding Mi account and than unlock on 8th day and start using or modding setup etc.

Banking apps will be a hit/miss with unlocking bootloader. Like even if we use Magisk to hide etc apps like SBI Yono doesn’t work as they check the unlock status of bootloader which can’t be faked. If this is too cumbersome for you, I suggest to look elsewhere.

View 3 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Check if realme phones come with equivalent functionality of automatic call recording. I would also suggest to avoid custom roms/magisk if heavy usage of upi/banking apps is there.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

First time came across someone basing their purchase of a new mobile on the availability of call recording feature! In the custom ROMs I have used in the recent past there’s option to enable it automatically for all calls. I don’t have much use of it.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Same here.. never used the call-recording feature
I remember some users being very disappointed for not having Call recording feature in their phones ( Banned in select countries )

View 6 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Sorry to disturb by tagging you here. Just wanted some help… need your feedback.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...
As suggested by others, this will take care of moving/backing up your call logs.

Also considering the huge size of your logs/recording I would suggest to start organizing this data by number/date format in a pc considering long term scenarios because there are chances of data not moving/backing up correctly at such sizes & your requirement is “perfect”.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Does Mi 11x or Mi 11x Pro come with Miui Dialer?

Small update, i think every has this:

“another thing, in miui call recorder if you switch call from one person to another like when you are talking & another call comes then call recording will not show that & instead will be in same name as first call with second call recording also added to it.”

This post can be ignored now.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Small Observation:

I have seen people buying Redmi K20 Pro since few days. Even after two years,.. and today the price for 256GB Variant is increased alot.

is it worth buying now? i have skipped it buying last year and bought poco X2 256GB… still i feel Poco X2 is good for me under 35,000.

Please refer above comments. my requirement is quite different. smile

Will have to decide between Mi 11 Lite or Poco X2 to buy this week.. waiting for more feedback/ROM for mi 11 lite….

Link Copied

On both Amazon & Flipkart, third party sellers are selling K20 pro. So high chances are there of getting refurbished piece.

If by chance you get fresh new piece, then it would be the best for your purpose.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

If you need dialer, & call recording just unlock bootloader, flash twrp & then flash China/ Indonesia miui ROM.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Received Poco X2 128GB Yesterday in perfectly working condition… checked every app in new phone including call log/history (miui Dialer)

bought for 15300 Appx and now 64gb is available for 14300 appx… using axis fk card. Thanks to everyone for valuable comments in this thread and PM’s.

Link Copied

bought rn 10 pro max…really missing miui features of integrated dialer and sms app. Another minus is that google dialer and sms takes 2-3 sec like any other app to show/load details. Sometime google sms app does not load nd show any sms at all, so force stop is to be done. Further google sms app sometime start showing Processing SMS on new msg arrival and does not show new sms at all.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

MIUI to blame perhaps. No issues with Google Messages beta in my ancient and underpowered by current standards, Redmi 3s running A11 custom ROM. Only a little experience with Google Dialler but can’t recall such issues. MIUI aggressively kills apps in background. Try whitelisting them.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Dropped my First poco X2 phone which is 2+ years old.. .. trying to fix it.

No NEW good phone with miui dialer is available... any good phone is there?

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Purchased Poco X5 Pro... few days ago. it has MiUI Dialer and phone is very good.. but price must be around 17-18K i think.. everything else is good.
replyuser
Click here to reply