Cancel no cost emi and enjoy Cash back.

132°
Missing
Deal Cadet
72
394
1

I ordered product on No cost emi from Amazon. Amazon Gives No cost emi discount of 597. Now I want to cancel emi and want to convert it to a normal transaction. Can it possible ?

25 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
70
1268
56

Which bank card. If ICICI Credit card then you can enjoy no cost emi discount.

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
394
1
srini1973 wrote:

Which bank card. If ICICI Credit card then you can enjoy no cost emi discount.

Yes,It is icici bank credit card.

Missing
Deal Subedar
70
1268
56
Expand
Sushil_patwari wrote:

Yes,It is icici bank credit card.

Just call ICICI and ask them to cancel EMI, if called within 15 days of purchase no additional charges levied, I have done many times.

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
394
1
Expand
srini1973 wrote:

Just call ICICI and ask them to cancel EMI, if called within 15 days of purchase no additional charges levied, I have done many times.

I ordered today yet transaction is not converted to emi. Can I call now and cancel emi conversion.

Missing
Deal Subedar
70
1268
56
Expand
Sushil_patwari wrote:

I ordered today yet transaction is not converted to emi. Can I call now and cancel emi conversion.

Let it reflect in unbilled, once its reflect in unbilled transactions you can call and request them to cancel EMI. Also take the request number for future tracking.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
189
2

What if it’s simply click?

Missing
Deal Newbie
52
79
2
Expand
srini1973 wrote:

Just call ICICI and ask them to cancel EMI, if called within 15 days of purchase no additional charges levied, I have done many times.

Do you get billed original pricce (Say, X) of sale or Original price less no cost emi discount ( Say, Y).

If its Y, then this a brilliant opporutnity if it can be done on other banks. Has anyone used it on HDFC, Axis or Yes bank?

Missing
Deal Subedar
70
1268
56
Expand
niggabecool wrote:

Do you get billed original pricce (Say, X) of sale or Original price less no cost emi discount ( Say, Y).

If its Y, then this a brilliant opporutnity if it can be done on other banks. Has anyone used it on HDFC, Axis or Yes bank?

Yes, it will get billed first emi and when cancelled remaining amount will come as single transaction, charges billed will get credit. No need to worry.

Missing
Deal Cadet
73
116
2
Expand
srini1973 wrote:

Yes, it will get billed first emi and when cancelled remaining amount will come as single transaction, charges billed will get credit. No need to worry.

No hidden charges for cancelling emi for HDFC cards? If this is the case then it’s kind of extra discount

Missing
Deal Subedar
70
1268
56
Expand
Fanil wrote:

No hidden charges for cancelling emi for HDFC cards? If this is the case then it’s kind of extra discount

I am mentioning about icici bank cards.

Missing
Deal Subedar
110
1309
9
Expand
niggabecool wrote:

Do you get billed original pricce (Say, X) of sale or Original price less no cost emi discount ( Say, Y).

If its Y, then this a brilliant opporutnity if it can be done on other banks. Has anyone used it on HDFC, Axis or Yes bank?

Once it gets billed it’s always Y. And Y when presented to bank, they don’t have any control over increasing the amount. Now with HDFC, they will cancel upon request and it takes about a day or two. Once done, one need to pay this Y amount + any other outstanding amount within 2-3 days. One will not have any standard grace period.
The bonus one gets is there are no rewards points applicable for Y transaction. As far as I remember one can’t have any other loan associated with the card while settling Y transaction

PS: I’m doing this from the last 4 years and I usually time it so as to not to get burdened by other transactions on the card

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
229
3

It means that if we buy something on no cost emi and then cancel emi and then cancel the order,,we will get the discount of interest charged.. Can someone throw a light on this?

Missing
Deal Subedar
207
1432
10

Closing no cost emi has any effect on cibil? Last time i asked this question and dimers said dont do it as it may affect cibil.

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
394
1
insta wrote:

Closing no cost emi has any effect on cibil? Last time i asked this question and dimers said dont do it as it may affect cibil.

0 impact on cibil

Missing
Tech Guru
193
2329
108
Expand
niggabecool wrote:

Do you get billed original pricce (Say, X) of sale or Original price less no cost emi discount ( Say, Y).

If its Y, then this a brilliant opporutnity if it can be done on other banks. Has anyone used it on HDFC, Axis or Yes bank?

HDFC is most pathetic they charge 199+GST as emi processing fee

Missing
Deal Cadet
81
667
28
Expand
drupal wrote:

HDFC is most pathetic they charge 199+GST as emi processing fee

What about axis bank..

Also flipkart axis bank card as it gives no cost emi always.

Missing
Deal Newbie
52
79
2
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Once it gets billed it’s always Y. And Y when presented to bank, they don’t have any control over increasing the amount. Now with HDFC, they will cancel upon request and it takes about a day or two. Once done, one need to pay this Y amount + any other outstanding amount within 2-3 days. One will not have any standard grace period.
The bonus one gets is there are no rewards points applicable for Y transaction. As far as I remember one can’t have any other loan associated with the card while settling Y transaction

PS: I’m doing this from the last 4 years and I usually time it so as to not to get burdened by other transactions on the card

Thnaks for the quick revert. Might make sense in high value purchases where return is greater than reward return and covers the 199+gst fee kg added

Missing
Deal Cadet
213
539
11
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Once it gets billed it’s always Y. And Y when presented to bank, they don’t have any control over increasing the amount. Now with HDFC, they will cancel upon request and it takes about a day or two. Once done, one need to pay this Y amount + any other outstanding amount within 2-3 days. One will not have any standard grace period.
The bonus one gets is there are no rewards points applicable for Y transaction. As far as I remember one can’t have any other loan associated with the card while settling Y transaction

PS: I’m doing this from the last 4 years and I usually time it so as to not to get burdened by other transactions on the card

I have made purchase of 14000 using hdfc card from flipkart

The product has been cancelled and now amount has been refunded

Now hdfc has charged me 199+ gst as processing fees

Will hdfc refund emi processing fees and gst ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
213
539
11
Expand
drupal wrote:

HDFC is most pathetic they charge 199+GST as emi processing fee

They charged emi processing fees for cancelled transaction sad

Missing
Deal Subedar
42
2705
56

Yup this works perfectly.. Cancelled no cost EMI and took 3k extra discount.. No extra charges.. Citi bank cc

Missing
Deal Subedar
110
1309
9
Expand
sweetestone.k92998 wrote:

I have made purchase of 14000 using hdfc card from flipkart

The product has been cancelled and now amount has been refunded

Now hdfc has charged me 199+ gst as processing fees

Will hdfc refund emi processing fees and gst ?

Talk to them and find out. They should in most cases else pressurize them.

Missing