CCI revokes clearance to Amazon's 2019 deal with Future Coupons, slaps Rs 200 crore penalty

260°
Benevolent
kukdookoo

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/cci-...

playing in the hands of ambani and politics. this is why we wont get black friday like deals here. one of the reasons why discounts are vanishing.if it was me i would have called the white house and pressurised the government to reverse this decision but that amount is peanuts for them, maybe they will reserve the call when the government asks for chai paani of 2000 crore.
@SastaRaju @shoaibmax @shivrajsingh @raman12 @Sudarshan61

Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Amazon is no sort of saint, it has been tweaking the rules somehow always. Whether it Ambani/Adani/Amazon etc, everyone is just playing their game by hook and crook.

36 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Who cares. I started to hate Amazon already. They increased the price of prime membership abruptly, Flipkart, Jiomart, Instamart, Big basket, all are providing free delivery without spending a penny. Also so many misleading fake reviews of products on Amazon, they don’t care.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

They increased the price of prime membership abruptly, Flipkart, Jiomart, Instamart, Big basket, all are providing free delivery without spending a penny

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Amazon is no sort of saint, it has been tweaking the rules somehow always. Whether it Ambani/Adani/Amazon etc, everyone is just playing their game by hook and crook.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

bilkul sahi baat binod 22g par in the end customers like you and me suffer

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@kukdookoo
22g kya khabar di hai aapne
Aap to kamal ho 22g, matlab bilkul quik sunglasses

Link Copied

Lol, why do you need black Friday deals? There are a few electronic segments that are in excellent discounts. The rest are just stock clearance. Android devices are cheap in India on an average day compared to Black Friday; Apple is reasonable because of taxation loopholes. Which too gets into similar prices on high-taxed states.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

yaar mere dost ne s21 ultra almost half price me kharida in black friday deals. they give kuch jada hi discount on black friday

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

“if it was me i would have called the white house”
someone sounds like RaGa. please intervene in our country our lord and saviour white person from the west. your NGOs are not enough to ruin our country so please give us 1 more chance to prove our loyalty like we did during british raj and that too for a corporation which is universally hated in their own land for bringing in modern slavery.

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/rahul-slam...

kids these days

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

lol you could have posted this a little nicely unlike your idiotic name.
i never ever said that amazon is a saint, i just posted from a normal customer/dimer pov. all this is happening to make jio ka maalik happy but in the end normal customers like us will pay the price in terms of higher prices.
and coming to us companies calling the white house, it is a normal practice. pharmaceutical companies do it all the times. go and read about it, since you seem to have no idea about it.

View 2 more replies
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Shhh… Don’t drag Ambani into all this.

Else, Modi fans will come and write long paragraphs describing the greatness of Ambani sweat_smile

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Else, Modi fans will come and write long paragraphs describing the greatness of Ambani
it has already started

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

I think this penalty is too low. Bezos and Biyani went behind the law’s back. They must both be punished heavily.

And what’s with the Ambani obsession on everything with you people?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

And what’s with the Ambani obsession on everything with you people?
hasnt ambani taken over future group? all these lawsuits started after that deal was done. please read how piyush goyal went against amazon openly. i am not taking anyone’s side but the thing is that laws are clearly being bent to favor a person. in the end normal buyers will pay the price.

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

some people are super dumb. modi ambani sleep together REEEEE
common sense doesn’t apply to some people. if I was 1% of ambani i would happily play both sides. as a business man only money matters, political ideology doesn’t

https://www.reuters.com/article/india-election-...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Mata Rani aapko sadbudhi de

View 3 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

So, what about penalties on future group? Even they were equally involved in this deal as a seller!

Link Copied

Amazon is known worldwide for these types of dubious business practices. They were kicked out of China on a blink of an eye. For once if we keep Ambani out of this matter, it always looks like a case of blackmailing.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Lambani kush toh bahut hoga aaj.
Kyuki iskey achey din jo aa gaye Godi ji ki wajah se

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

@vijkap201 bro, mostly DnD wale threads bhi political section mein move ho rahe hain. Kya khayaal hai aapka? grin stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Shayad weh social rahe honge… sad toungueout

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

Amazon having 49% stack in Future Group , then how it can sell assets to “Jio bhai”.
Ab to wo time aa gya h ki, “ulta chor kotwaal ko daate”.
Modi h to mumkin h.
And I dont understand 1 thing, that we can see Modi ji campaigning for self and party 24×7×365 and also thinking how to look smart in photos. He might even not be reading Bills that got passed in parliament. And REMOVED claim Modi ji is doing everything. They foolishly support all bills & orders which actually come from Corporate houses.
I have started to agree what Einstein said “Most Indians dont think backward or forward by more than a quarter of an hour.” Whatever comes in their Whatsapp University Morning & Evening Diet, they take it for granted.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Bhai, amazon having 49% stake in Future coupons only. Future group consists of many companies including Future consumer, Future retail, Future enterprise etc.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

People here getting emotional and literally treating this as a fanboy wars but no one is questioning the absurdity of CCI decision.

• When Amazon and Future Group signed a deal for 49% of Future Coupons (3.6% of entire Future Group), they had to go through various Indian regulators, SEBI, MoF, etc.
  • For the final deal to close they needed regulatory approval (CCI) which oversaw the process and then gave their go ahead

Now the same regulator reverses it’s decision and slaps a ₹200 cr fine. This shit is so stupid it isn’t even funny confused. A regulatory behaving like a child throwing a tantrum. And justice is supposed to be equal for all. Those who’re cheering this because they hate billionaire Bezos or Amazon’s dominance should ask themselves that if an MSME was in the same scenario would they cheer the same?

Link Copied

Reliance stonks go brrrrrrrrrr

replyuser
Click here to reply