CCTV camera installation and free cloud storage

216°
Deal Newbie
dost_friend

Hi Dimers,
Need one help, I am going to my home town and hence I am deciding to install the CCTV cameras so that i can act if something goes wrong. Most of the wifi camera they are providing live feed but I need that i can view the full day recording from my home town.
The live feed is not usefull as if something goes wrong and someone took the camera also then I will not be aware who does this but if I can get the recording store somewhere in cloud then I can see what has happenend. All wifi camera are asking for cloud subscription.
Is there any way we can get the free storage.
I am planning to install 3-4 camera and wifi camera is also costly. Is there anyway I can install the simple cameras and get the recroding done in cloud so that i can see the recordings from anywhere.
I hope some dimers has this done already. Let me know if someone can provide me guidance on this.

Thanks in advance.

21 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Free cloud storage is just like free advice, anyone can give it & most are useless.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I have tp link camera bought for 2200

Installed 8GB mm card class 10

Now i can see live feed and recorded feed of 3-4 days from my phone along with motion detection

Only caveat u need a constant wifi high speed maybe 40+ Mbps

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Maybe there are similar features in camera by smitch

It sells for 999 on cred every month once if u can wait nd can take risk go for that

P. S i haven’t used Smith but features wise it’s same

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Smitch app and service are pathetic. Devices, settings and schedules disappear from the app randomly, and they take no responsibility. They expect you to add devices manually, which means if they are installed remotely, they’ll be useless. Avoid

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Mi and Tapo c200 are best. Realme is slow but is encrypted. If you want waterproof then you will have to settle with imou ranger 2.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

hi friends thanks, my query is related to cctv camera cloud storage so that i can view the recording from anywhere.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

hi friends thanks, my query is related to cctv camera cloud storage so that i can view the recording from anywhere.

See my advice is simple just install 4 mi camera or a system cheaper option with 4 cam like cp solution and connect to nas and where u want u can assess u can by using a mini pc like raspberry pie and a private network then connect the network from remote location using vpn and done cheapest solution but complicated
OR 4 mi cam connect nas to a router needs a 3.0 usb and enjoy any where

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

hi friends thanks, my query is related to cctv camera cloud storage so that i can view the recording from anywhere.

Free option:
You can view mostly all camera feeds remotely. Rewind and check 2-3 days data or more too if you have a 32gb micro SD card. Tplink/ Mi camera are popular and quite easy to setup and reliable too.

Paid option:
However if you want to easily go for putting the videos in cloud, so that in case of camera being stolen or destroyed, you can try some cams from qubo/ zebronics/ Yi, all available on Amazon or Flipkart. But cloud storage will not come free (minimum 100-200 ₹ you’ll have to spend monthly). Also I am not sure if full 2-3 days recording will be in the cloud or just some detected motion clips.

Another option depends on your expertise or available hardware at home:
Mi or probably Tplink too can save the feed to any local NAS. You have to write or setup scripts so that the videos are uploaded from the NAS to your own online space. This needs much more tech expertise on your end.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Thanks all for the reply and suggestion. I need cloud as I am going home and in case of camera being stolen or destroyed atleast I will have some recording to browse.
So what I am doing now, I have ordered V380 wifi 5-antenna (128GB SD) camera and will purchase the cloud storage ( this one is cheap, Qubo camera is good but not good for cloud storage as they are giving very less space and r costly.)
I will purchase cloud storage till the time I am away and once back will have the SD card for recording.
Thanks all for replies.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

Thanks all for the reply and suggestion. I need cloud as I am going home and in case of camera being stolen or destroyed atleast I will have some recording to browse.
So what I am doing now, I have ordered V380 wifi 5-antenna (128GB SD) camera and will purchase the cloud storage ( this one is cheap, Qubo camera is good but not good for cloud storage as they are giving very less space and r costly.)
I will purchase cloud storage till the time I am away and once back will have the SD card for recording.
Thanks all for replies.

can share link of this camera?

Moderator Moderator
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

hi friends thanks, my query is related to cctv camera cloud storage so that i can view the recording from anywhere.

Yeah, i also have similar requirements..

In case of DVR Stolen… want to see last few hours of recording in cloud … how to ??

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

Thanks all for the reply and suggestion. I need cloud as I am going home and in case of camera being stolen or destroyed atleast I will have some recording to browse.
So what I am doing now, I have ordered V380 wifi 5-antenna (128GB SD) camera and will purchase the cloud storage ( this one is cheap, Qubo camera is good but not good for cloud storage as they are giving very less space and r costly.)
I will purchase cloud storage till the time I am away and once back will have the SD card for recording.
Thanks all for replies.

Product Link and cloud monthly cost?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi, online is very costly, so i ordered offline still not recevied, it cost me approx. Rs1900 for 5-antenna one ( others are cheap around rs900-1200) but i need this 5 anteena one as it is good for wifi n/w.
cloud storage is approx Rs60 per month for 16GB space for 1 camera.
Ping me if you need more detail.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Free cloud storage is just like free advice, anyone can give it & most are useless.

Thanks for your free advice!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
PunjabiBoyz wrote:

P. S i haven’t used Smitch but features wise it’s same

https://www.desidime.com/deals/lowest-smitch-wi-fi-smart-security-camera-pt1080p in this topic, two users ( @Akashm.eduisfun974 and @Gaurav_g ) gave their (rather contrasting) views on this brand.

While @vasusrinu.mnd103 had given his insights on a different brand and different model. Which he found worthwhile.


edit: 😖sorry sorry @PunjabiBoyz I mistook you to be the OP and quoted you, instead of quoting @dost_friend

Moderator Moderator
Link Copied
dost_friend wrote:

Thanks all for the reply and suggestion. I need cloud as I am going home and in case of camera being stolen or destroyed atleast I will have some recording to browse.
So what I am doing now, I have ordered V380 wifi 5-antenna (128GB SD) camera and will purchase the cloud storage ( this one is cheap, Qubo camera is good but not good for cloud storage as they are giving very less space and r costly.)
I will purchase cloud storage till the time I am away and once back will have the SD card for recording.
Thanks all for replies.

Update buddy? Need more clarity on cloud storage… can you post some photos of the camera and it’s footage.

I have 7 camera setup with cp-plus dvr and 2tb storage…. will have to watch LAST 3-4 hours recording of all cameras incase DVR is stolen… how is this possible in cloud??? Just need only last 4-6 hours of video every time.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

yes pls update, I also need solution

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Seinfeld wrote:

Free option:
You can view mostly all camera feeds remotely. Rewind and check 2-3 days data or more too if you have a 32gb micro SD card. Tplink/ Mi camera are popular and quite easy to setup and reliable too.

Paid option:
However if you want to easily go for putting the videos in cloud, so that in case of camera being stolen or destroyed, you can try some cams from qubo/ zebronics/ Yi, all available on Amazon or Flipkart. But cloud storage will not come free (minimum 100-200 ₹ you’ll have to spend monthly). Also I am not sure if full 2-3 days recording will be in the cloud or just some detected motion clips.

Another option depends on your expertise or available hardware at home:
Mi or probably Tplink too can save the feed to any local NAS. You have to write or setup scripts so that the videos are uploaded from the NAS to your own online space. This needs much more tech expertise on your end.

I read somewhere that cpplus can be connected to google drive/Dropbox with 0 effort.
Any ideas?

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
raman12 wrote:

I read somewhere that cpplus can be connected to google drive/Dropbox with 0 effort.
Any ideas?

@guest_999 any advice?

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
raman12 wrote:

@guest_999 any advice?

Need to see the manual/tutorial but even if that is the case I don’t think 15gb of free google drive space will suffice for cctv requirements unless only last few hours/day of recording is to be saved.

Missing