Closing ICICI Platinum FD credit card.

58°
Deal Cadet
Mufasa

Going to close icici platinum FD credit cad next month without breaking FD,once I receive rest RP to reach 2K reward points. I am doing this to get for getting pre approved unsecured credit card. Will this trick work?

13 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I applied for Amazon pay ICICI card while still holding this card and later cancelled the FD card

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yes , mostly next month after closing card you will see offer

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

For how much time you’ve been holding this FD based CC ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
M.MAHI wrote:

For how much time you’ve been holding this FD based CC ?

1 year+

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Don’t rush to close the card. If it’s caring decent limit then you can opt for other banks’ card by card2card basis.
~12 months old CC is asking criteria for card2card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

GOT FD based card six months back. Applied for Amazon Pay Card on Oct 15th and got it in November first week. Will close the FD based card in December and then try to get the Platinum Card (Unsecured) for any ICICI offers.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied
Santhu4444 wrote:

GOT FD based card six months back. Applied for Amazon Pay Card on Oct 15th and got it in November first week. Will close the FD based card in December and then try to get the Platinum Card (Unsecured) for any ICICI offers.

I don’t think they’ll give you unsecured plat as you recently got Amazon icici.
I desperately tries getting other icici cards but they only gave ke after my first limit enhancement

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Santhu4444 wrote:

GOT FD based card six months back. Applied for Amazon Pay Card on Oct 15th and got it in November first week. Will close the FD based card in December and then try to get the Platinum Card (Unsecured) for any ICICI offers.

Did they ask for any income proofs?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Awake wrote:

Did they ask for any income proofs?

No. But they took good 20 days for processing the application.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

I don’t think they’ll give you unsecured plat as you recently got Amazon icici.
I desperately tries getting other icici cards but they only gave ke after my first limit enhancement

If they give, good. If not also fine. I can invest my FD amount at any other better place for better returns. Now that I have Amazon Pay Card, I dont think it will be difficult gettig=ng other ICICI Card.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied
Expand
Santhu4444 wrote:

If they give, good. If not also fine. I can invest my FD amount at any other better place for better returns. Now that I have Amazon Pay Card, I dont think it will be difficult gettig=ng other ICICI Card.

Amazon pay icici is a very good card if you are starting out.
Use that for the time being and get MMT plat or platinum chip (ltf) after few months.

I also started with that card only.

I see you already got a card, why lock yourself in a secured cc environment…Invest that somewhere else.

If you don’t have hdfc, you should try that next. I regret not getting hdfc earlier.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

Amazon pay icici is a very good card if you are starting out.
Use that for the time being and get MMT plat or platinum chip (ltf) after few months.

I also started with that card only.

I see you already got a card, why lock yourself in a secured cc environment…Invest that somewhere else.

If you don’t have hdfc, you should try that next. I regret not getting hdfc earlier.

Yeah. That is what I mentioned. I will be closing FD and investing somewhere else. Have already got multiple cards including CITI and HDFC (got it recently). ICICI rejected my multiple requests for Amazon Pay or any other card of their bank. That is the reason I opened FD for secured card. Now that I have unsecured card with ICICI, I will closing the FD.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Icici mmt card or regular card advisable?
Please advise

Missing