Coconut Oil Reviews

232°
Deal Subedar
516
2117
13

I want to try other brand coconut oil as i feel Parachute coconut oil is overpriced.
Which coconut oil is good besides Parachute oil.
Is KLF Coconut oil good .

Anyother coconut oil besides it.

Personal reviews and suggestions awaited.

24 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
198
1715
26

Go to any kerala shop in your locality and ask.
They will provide best option.

516
2117
13
nimod wrote:

Go to any kerala shop in your locality and ask.
They will provide best option.

I am in mumbai.
Don’t think so any such shop nearby .

I purchase local grocery stores or online.

Is Klf Coconut oil good.
Can it be used on hair

83
3328
48

I used three only, Shalimar, that one with Vidya Balan’s face on it forgot name and Parachute. Out of these 3 parachute is definitely the best one. Can’t speak for any other companies outside of the ones I used. For my skin though the Maxcare virgin one is a lovely product but obviously that’s pricey especially for regular hair usage.

50
314
1

KLF is good, if you get ELDIA, that also is good.. Personally I prefer KLF Coconad, can be used for cooking too..

If you want a virgin/pure version then go for Cold pressed or chekku, but they can get expensive…

24
38576
591

Dabur launched recently, dont know how’s it.
Their only USP in ads seem to be that they are priced at 50% of parachute smile

120
1063
19

Try Cocoguru. Best vfm. Green one tastes better and blue one is healthier (cold pressed).
For best quality virgin grade Cocosoul or Max care.

516
2117
13

Patanjali coconut oil 500 ml jar @ Rs. 150

Patanjali Roasted coconut oil 1 Ltr pouch @ Rs. 220 (Don’t know whether it can be used on hair )

Parachute Coconut oil 1 [email protected] Rs.300 – 348 (varied rates online and offline ).

Klf Cocanad oil 1 Ltr pouch @ Rs.217 Dmart.

Have been using parachute since years ,but other brands are available at less price, so asked for suggestions.

Use of coconut oil at our home is as Hair oil only .

168
4596
163

Just buy the largest coconuts you can get usually ₹28 per pc. Usually has about 250gms of coconut flesh.
Ideally buy about 10 coconuts will cost Rs 280.
When weather is good and sunny break them in 2 pcs and keep in sunlight for 5-6 days everyday.

Flesh will start separating from shell which is the right time to take out of shell and continue till slight oil is formed on surface.

There are many places where you can get oil extracted for a fee. Plus the coconut flesh can be used for cooking for months if kept in deep freeze.

You have the best of both worlds. No more trusting any brands.

Why am I telling you? I have 25 coconut trees in Goa. I usually get all the coconuts dried on Terrance and oil extracted which is about 12-15 litres.

50
20
0

well if you consider the price factor important while buying a coconut oil then1 litre bottle of KLF coconad is available in 274 Rs online. My personal experience with this oil is also so good. It is a healthy ingredient and taste better than any other coconut oil or atleast I love its taste

516
2117
13
dharmanath481 wrote:

Just buy the largest coconuts you can get usually ₹28 per pc. Usually has about 250gms of coconut flesh.
Ideally buy about 10 coconuts will cost Rs 280.
When weather is good and sunny break them in 2 pcs and keep in sunlight for 5-6 days everyday.

Flesh will start separating from shell which is the right time to take out of shell and continue till slight oil is formed on surface.

There are many places where you can get oil extracted for a fee. Plus the coconut flesh can be used for cooking for months if kept in deep freeze.

You have the best of both worlds. No more trusting any brands.

Why am I telling you? I have 25 coconut trees in Goa. I usually get all the coconuts dried on Terrance and oil extracted which is about 12-15 litres.

I live in mumbai and it is next to impossible to do it considering the space and sufficient adequate sunlight required.

516
2117
13
Naheedmir wrote:

well if you consider the price factor important while buying a coconut oil then1 litre bottle of KLF coconad is available in 274 Rs online. My personal experience with this oil is also so good. It is a healthy ingredient and taste better than any other coconut oil or atleast I love its taste

Want to use it as Hair oil

168
4596
163
Expand
Common-man wrote:

I live in mumbai and it is next to impossible to do it considering the space and sufficient adequate sunlight required.

You can walk upto any Kirana store or Bigbazar and buy dried coconuts. If buying from a wholesale shop it’s definitely cheaper to buy 1kg.

Buying and drying is the cheapest method.

Take it to any one with oil extracting machine and do it.

Store it in a 2 litre softdrink bottle for a week for the impurities and heavy extract to settle to base and you have purest form of coconut oil useful from cooking to hair to massage to moisturiser.

516
2117
13
Expand
dharmanath481 wrote:

You can walk upto any Kirana store or Bigbazar and buy dried coconuts. If buying from a wholesale shop it’s definitely cheaper to buy 1kg.

Buying and drying is the cheapest method.

Take it to any one with oil extracting machine and do it.

Store it in a 2 litre softdrink bottle for a week for the impurities and heavy extract to settle to base and you have purest form of coconut oil useful from cooking to hair to massage to moisturiser.

Bhai its mumbai.
And nowadays people everywhere is into readymade .
So in such scenario oil extracting shops are not feasible , both to buyer and seller.
Even oldest oil extractors in south mumbai in pydhonie and null bazzzar are closed or switched business and some have started trading readymade.

No oil extractors known in my nearby or little farby area

168
4596
163
Expand
Common-man wrote:

Bhai its mumbai.
And nowadays people everywhere is into readymade .
So in such scenario oil extracting shops are not feasible , both to buyer and seller.
Even oldest oil extractors in south mumbai in pydhonie and null bazzzar are closed or switched business and some have started trading readymade.

No oil extractors known in my nearby or little farby area

Tell me your locality will find a nearby place.

Gone are the old days large machine. The modern one are literally table top and many run franchisee of the manufacturer to provide the service.

At ISKON katraj pune has that machine, one can buy the nuts of choice and get it grounded on the spot for oil.

1,757
15300
151
dharmanath481 wrote:

Just buy the largest coconuts you can get usually ₹28 per pc. Usually has about 250gms of coconut flesh.
Ideally buy about 10 coconuts will cost Rs 280.
When weather is good and sunny break them in 2 pcs and keep in sunlight for 5-6 days everyday.

Flesh will start separating from shell which is the right time to take out of shell and continue till slight oil is formed on surface.

There are many places where you can get oil extracted for a fee. Plus the coconut flesh can be used for cooking for months if kept in deep freeze.

You have the best of both worlds. No more trusting any brands.

Why am I telling you? I have 25 coconut trees in Goa. I usually get all the coconuts dried on Terrance and oil extracted which is about 12-15 litres.

It’s a very good suggestion but people living in urban areas with limited living spaces or where coconut doesn’t grow natively they can’t make coconut oil themselves in large quantity.

But we should try to make small quantity to see the difference in quality between home made and branded stuff.

168
4596
163
Expand
Total_Fun wrote:

It’s a very good suggestion but people living in urban areas with limited living spaces or where coconut doesn’t grow natively they can’t make coconut oil themselves in large quantity.

But we should try to make small quantity to see the difference in quality between home made and branded stuff.

For me is other way arround.

There is demand for coconut oil from my orchard since I don’t use chemical fertilizer. The quality difference is quite significant. Refining / filtering/ micro filtering through membrane vs gravity is the difference.

For an average household 1 litre is good enough for 6 months.so do experiment.

95
134
1

Brother if 1 ltr is enough for 6 months then why do experiment? U can save max 10-15 rs per month. U are staying in Mumbai where value of Rs 15 is nothing

148
3740
166

Buy klf coconad from fk grocery, you get at 220 per litre after all discount. It’s quality stays the same for quite a while.
Grofers coconut oil is good too, it has high aroma, sometimes i feel its added.
Always buy branded ones, unless you buy directly from kerala mill. Quality of coconut differs,being the reason.

Parachute is not that good, especially from Amazon, have seen wax sediment many times.

183
831
7
Common-man wrote:

Patanjali coconut oil 500 ml jar @ Rs. 150

Patanjali Roasted coconut oil 1 Ltr pouch @ Rs. 220 (Don’t know whether it can be used on hair )

Parachute Coconut oil 1 [email protected] Rs.300 – 348 (varied rates online and offline ).

Klf Cocanad oil 1 Ltr pouch @ Rs.217 Dmart.

Have been using parachute since years ,but other brands are available at less price, so asked for suggestions.

Use of coconut oil at our home is as Hair oil only .

Used Both Patanjali and Parachute. Both are good. Patanjali i think better.

168
4596
163
hiteshu2 wrote:

Brother if 1 ltr is enough for 6 months then why do experiment? U can save max 10-15 rs per month. U are staying in Mumbai where value of Rs 15 is nothing

I reverse the argument. Rather I say spend that 15 odd bucks per month extra and get the coconut oil extracted right in front of your eyes.

no more talking this brand is good and that brand is not.

Quality you get is Superior than any shop or brand.

Its like walking in the cow ahead and getting fresh milk directly. Let others comment gowardhan or mahanand or amul is better where each extracts the fat and gives you watered down toned milk.

95
134
1
Expand
dharmanath481 wrote:

I reverse the argument. Rather I say spend that 15 odd bucks per month extra and get the coconut oil extracted right in front of your eyes.

no more talking this brand is good and that brand is not.

Quality you get is Superior than any shop or brand.

Its like walking in the cow ahead and getting fresh milk directly. Let others comment gowardhan or mahanand or amul is better where each extracts the fat and gives you watered down toned milk.

100% agreed, but its for those who have this facility nearby. Those who don’t have this facility they have to choose the brand.

168
4596
163
Expand
hiteshu2 wrote:

100% agreed, but its for those who have this facility nearby. Those who don’t have this facility they have to choose the brand.

People have been losing jobs way before covid hit

Many have chose other means to income. Some have started home / back of shop oil extraction business just search and you will find one.

Best is talk to a local oil depot shop. They might have one.

Nope I am not in that business but I do get oil extracted from 2 oil mills close to my ansestrial village

Missing