Construction Quality Of Residential Building...

Construction Quality Of Residential Buildings Detiorating in Mumbai.

141°
Missing
Deal Subedar
566
1303
12

Construction of Residential Buildings in Mumbai is is getting Detiorated day by day , whether its of redevelopment building or otherwise.

The buildings constructed nearly six months ago also can be seen with cracks and leakages and its not any builder specific , overall all new construction are of highly Inferior quality.

Have been thru many new constructed buildings of redeveloped and new construction building, they had patches on outer walls ceilings or walls leaking, plaster coming off , walls hollow , tiles giving off , , even the labourers we get for our furniture or electric work done are saying they are seeing this kind of problem in new buildungs everywhere.
Quality of construction has severly gone down, and am afraid this buidings can even stand for 10 years in such conditions ,even after paying crore+ of Rs. for getting flats in mumbai.

What are you guys experiences in this case .

20 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Shopping Friend
657
7808
119

how is the real estate scenario in mumbai nowdays are flats being sold – old and new rolleyes

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
421
28

poor quality is mandatory because buildings can be redeveloped after every 10 years due to poor quality. if quality was best then there is no question of redevelopment. so how will real estate mafia make money ?

you should think flat is like a car. flat should be changed every 10 years due to poor quality construction. there should be continuous redevelopment else there will not be any real estate builder mafia and indian economy will collapse.

Missing
Tech Guru
222
19274
189

Most real estate owners are 5v pass, the only thing they most care is $$$
The government should interfere and bring quality control regulation for this.

Missing
Deal Cadet
147
692
7

I own an independent house, so… no such prob for me pensive

Missing
suspended
50
20
0

disagree.
if that were the case, more private properties would have similar fate as the public properties managed by corrupt goons (bureaucrat, officials, businesses of politicians) https://arunachaltimes.in/index.php/2019/09/18/new-bridge-collapses-tali-completely-cut-off or one can even look at normal roads (without any 14 crore rupee bridges).

not everyone, certainly not most masons or contractors themselves understand the peculiarities of various materials like siporex blocks http://google.com/search?q=siporex+blocks, newer composites or how to properly handle the readymix RCC supplied onsite (those trucks with rotating drums).
normal expansion-contraction, not allowing proper and adequate curing are reasons too.
the other big culprit is actually improper interiors; electical, plumbing work undertaken after the skeletal structure is built or final handover. (many property owners, leasees even carry out their own modifications. say the home owner wants a bathtub or separate wash area in kitchen balcony or a bank/ call centre putting in different AC ducts, electricals).

@pentiumd @mrKool_JJ @iamshashikant @Common-man @goss8877 @Original @P_A_N_K_A_J @Harish.agarwal and i’ve personally known of the home of this reasonably well-off person too being beat down under the elements.
if he can gift a bus to his wife http://google.com/search?q=VT-IAH+A319-115+CJ he can also have a decent home, right¿

but like mentioned above, nature is above us. things can and do go wrong.
the elements (of nature) are great equalisers🙂
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/587182/original/6127387_common_fallacy_of_a_common_bhaktman.jpg
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/587182/original/6127387_common_fallacy_of_a_common_bhaktman.jpg

Missing
Shopping Friend
657
7808
119
Original wrote:

Most real estate owners are 5v pass, the only thing they most care is $$$
The government should interfere and bring quality control regulation for this.

does any govt care about people rolleyes

Missing
suspended
50
20
0
Expand
desiman wrote:

does any govt care about people rolleyes

Indian (regional, central) governments do almost as much as North Korean governments did and does now.

Missing
Deal Subedar
566
1303
12
Original wrote:

Most real estate owners are 5v pass, the only thing they most care is $$$
The government should interfere and bring quality control regulation for this.

There is no connection if real estate owner is 5 v pass or anghuta plus1 chaap .
And also there is law for construction quality to be,

but builders care little about it and buyers on the other hand are less interested in legal hassles.


But its highly a matterr of concern for safety and durability of buildings as also buyers are charged exorbitantly.
Property prices are sky rocketed even then builders play cry baby .


In  mumbai mostly  redevelopment projects of old buildings  going  on.

Missing
Deal Subedar
26
1546
26

Never buy apartments. Build your own home.
Dad wanted to buy an apartment badly. I put my foot down and said no and we built our own home instead of buying an apartment or a house directly.

Missing
Deal Subedar
566
1303
12
G-Gowda wrote:

Never buy apartments. Build your own home.
Dad wanted to buy an apartment badly. I put my foot down and said no and we built our own home instead of buying an apartment or a house directly.

Bhai not possible for ones living in Mumbai.
Even a 1bhk compact flat cost 1 cr +
Buildable land is scarce here and the ones who are blessed with it they themselves go to builders as that would fetch the owner multiple crores of Rupees + Free residential in it as per the terms agreed

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
20
0
G-Gowda wrote:

Never buy apartments. Build your own home.
Dad wanted to buy an apartment badly. I put my foot down and said no and we built our own home instead of buying an apartment or a house directly.

Can you help me with steps involved in building personal home in outskirts of mumbai ?

Missing
Deal Subedar
566
1303
12
Expand
mohitpunjabi wrote:

Can you help me with steps involved in building personal home in outskirts of mumbai ?

Wow!
Personal plot .Great. plus1
Enjoy the freedom man , build a good house 🏡 and live peacefully there

Missing
Deal Cadet
149
411
5

I remember writing such letters to The Editor, Times of India, XYZ at school.

Missing
Deal Subedar
566
1303
12

Construction work is at halt at many places since many months.

Missing
Coupon Baba
8,609
10890
110
Common-man wrote:

Construction work is at halt at many places since many months.

yes and so many cases are pending in court regarding construction. My own home went into SRA scheme in 2006. from 2006-2020 well-known builder managed to build only 1 building throughout this time period. so many cases, strikes against him from our society but will no progress, no possession, no rent amount on time (corplus something)

Missing
suspended
50
120
1
Expand
rcduke wrote:

yes and so many cases are pending in court regarding construction. My own home went into SRA scheme in 2006. from 2006-2020 well-known builder managed to build only 1 building throughout this time period. so many cases, strikes against him from our society but will no progress, no possession, no rent amount on time (corplus something)

2006 to 2020 pensive eek
didn’t form a formal / informal samiti/ group.. under the aegis of “XYZ पीड़ित संघ”
and then using P.R. or plain pradarshan/ approaching co-operative controller’s offices/ legal redressal framework?
like sending deficiency notices or getting magistrate orders in place?

obviously in the quagmire that big bad Bambai IS, these things are easier said
but surely something could be ‘done’?
(without some mysterious dumper or truck ‘accidentally’ running over anyone who signed the petition/formed the “XYZ builder पीड़ित संघ”)

Missing
Coupon Baba
8,609
10890
110
Expand
EliLilly wrote:

2006 to 2020 pensive eek
didn’t form a formal / informal samiti/ group.. under the aegis of “XYZ पीड़ित संघ”
and then using P.R. or plain pradarshan/ approaching co-operative controller’s offices/ legal redressal framework?
like sending deficiency notices or getting magistrate orders in place?

obviously in the quagmire that big bad Bambai IS, these things are easier said
but surely something could be ‘done’?
(without some mysterious dumper or truck ‘accidentally’ running over anyone who signed the petition/formed the “XYZ builder पीड़ित संघ”)

thanks for your suggestion. yes, we are protesting from a long ago. It’s not “Bambai”, it’s Mumbai

Missing