Hot Deal

Covishield vaccine at Rs200/dose (for Govt)

405°
Deal Cadet
Digisun

Covishield, the coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca will be sold at Rs 200 per dose. Sources within the Serum Institute of India (SII), Oxford University and AstraZeneca’s partner in India, told India Today that the price of each dose of the Covid-19 vaccine “was always fixed”.

“The price was always fixed. No issues of agreement. The price of the doses is fixed at Rs 200 per dose,” sources said. In addition, sources also confirmed to India Today that the Covishield shipment will leave from SII’s facility in Pune on Monday evening.

“Final paperwork took some time from the government side, which has now concluded,” said sources.
https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/...

41 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

But , what if vaccine trun out to be useless i.e very low efficacy in preventing COVID .

Who will be responsible ?

Who will bear losses ? (Normal people tax money ?)

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
saymyname78 wrote:

But , what if vaccine trun out to be useless i.e very low efficacy in preventing COVID .

Itna risk to banta hai smile
Most of Indians might already be immune by now

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
saymyname78 wrote:

Even I and many people have same concern as you have.
Usual vaccine research to mass production takes any time from 5 to 10 years or even more…

Looks like, This is a kind of emergency situation where risk has to be taken.
However as per news Bharat biotech has not released the data of 3rd trial and vaccine is out.

More comparison: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/comp...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Indian immunity… must be True  wink

Link Copied
Expand
Digisun wrote:

Even I and many people have same concern as you have.
Usual vaccine research to mass production takes any time from 5 to 10 years or even more…

Looks like, This is a kind of emergency situation where risk has to be taken.
However as per news Bharat biotech has not released the data of 3rd trial and vaccine is out.

More comparison: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/comp...

They are testing it on the Frontline workers smile
Thats called hands on experience

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

They are testing it on the Frontline workers smile
Thats called hands on experience

That’s kind of situation… God forbids, but if anything happens to frontline workers?

Link Copied
Expand
Digisun wrote:

That’s kind of situation… God forbids, but if anything happens to frontline workers?

They have atleast made sure that the vaccine is satisfactorily safe, contingencies always exist smile

Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Immunity against COVID is not forever , In few months again everyone will loose immunity … same is the case with vaccine too , vaccine dose must be taken every 8-10 months i pressume .

Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

They have atleast made sure that the vaccine is satisfactorily safe, contingencies always exist smile

What if theese vaccines are another jumlaa / lolipop i.e they won’t work … nither useful nor harmful like dose of vitamin / minerals .

Link Copied
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

Immunity against COVID is not forever , In few months again everyone will loose immunity … same is the case with vaccine too , vaccine dose must be taken every 8-10 months i pressume .

This vaccine might only be an expensive makeshift solution till research reaches a significant phase, just for emergency use, science is still very slow with viruses and getting a temporary solution this fast is still commendable

Link Copied
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

What if theese vaccines are another jumlaa / lolipop i.e they won’t work … nither useful nor harmful like dose of vitamin / minerals .

Placebo also works sometimes wink

Link Copied
Expand
saymyname78 wrote:

Like homeopathy , jhaad-phuk , dua , prayers etc .

Yeah, if you go with zero predetermined notions, then anything can work, you can call that coincidence smile
Not denying science in any way
Psychology is also a part of science cool

Link Copied

Read somewhere that funds will be used from PM cares. If that is true, what a cheap way to rejuvenate its image.
Does anyone know, how can we know if somebody is on the list? Like next phase is supposed to be elders.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

As the scientists themselves admit, it si practically impossible to have a permanent vaccine for any RNA virus. So this is more of a confidence builder. Anyway, efficiency of vaccine is about 95% and 98% patents are recovering.

Link Copied
panchabhut wrote:

As the scientists themselves admit, it si practically impossible to have a permanent vaccine for any RNA virus. So this is more of a confidence builder. Anyway, efficiency of vaccine is about 95% and 98% patents are recovering.

95% is for pfizer and moderna

These have 60% and 70%

https://fossbytes.com/covaxin-vs-covishield-eff...

The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) said that Covishield has an efficiency of 70.42% according to the data submitted by the Serum Institute of India to the authorities.

According to Sai D Prasad, President, Quality Operations at Bharat Biotech, Covaxin will have 60% efficacy.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

every year new schemes will come up to increase taxes and enslave fearful people

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Apart from these vaccines, the most popular options you hear (w.r.t COVID Prevention/cure) are Homeopathy and Immunity
Everything is a belief system not a cure (until/unless proved). No one can exactly say if the recovery/prevention is due to homeopathy medicine or Pfizer/Oxford vacchine or due to one’s own immunity. The credit goes to the one that has a favorable opinion in our minds/hearts
But when you opt for the same medication/treatment for every problem, then the trust factor will be minimal

Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Apart from these vaccines, the most popular options you hear (w.r.t COVID Prevention/cure) are Homeopathy and Immunity
Everything is a belief system not a cure (until/unless proved). No one can exactly say if the recovery/prevention is due to homeopathy medicine or Pfizer/Oxford vacchine or due to one’s own immunity. The credit goes to the one that has a favorable opinion in our minds/hearts
But when you opt for the same medication/treatment for every problem, then the trust factor will be minimal

I don’t think homeopathy has anything much to do with COVID, or other viruses
It might perform a placebo effect which boosts the natural immunity of the body smile
I agree that this whole concept stands on beliefs and trust only, till the time anything can be proved

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

I don’t think homeopathy has anything much to do with COVID, or other viruses
It might perform a placebo effect which boosts the natural immunity of the body smile
This whole concept stands on beliefs and trust only, till the time anything can be proved

Right!
But some do believe otherwise
There’s this retired SBI manager living in the flat below mine and he has been actively promoting this medicine as COVID Cure (also giving it for free*)
According to him he has given 500+ of these bottles to people living nearby (including the entire staff from a nearby SBI branch)
I did deny them once but he seems to be bringing this topic again n again so i took two bottles from him (so that he won’t get offended) https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/659305/medium/20210111_210542_HDR_2.jpg?1610379574

Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Right!
There’s this retired SBI manager living in the flat below mine and he has been actively promoting this medicine as COVID Cure (also giving it for free*)
According to him he has given 500+ of these bottles to people living nearby (including the entire staff from a nearby SBI branch)
I did deny them once but he seems to be bringing this topic again n again so i took two bottles from him (so that he won’t get offended) https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/659305/medium/20210111_210542_HDR_2.jpg?1610379574

As far as my experience goes with homeopathy, this stream is largely practitioner dependent, if you could find the guy who suits you, then can use it for day to day common problems.
Second opinions are always good for serious problems.
At the time of emergency, everybody has to go to the same hospital, alternative medications don’t work when a person is dying of heart attack

Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Right!

All these things are just immunity booster or it might just be nothing or as ramdev coronil.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
panchabhut wrote:

Viruses are more prone to mutations. Although most of these mutation doesn’t affect to virulence factor and some die out in process, but some mutations as found in UK and SA are the worrisome part.
Now just two have been identified, rest how many are yet to be identified, don’t know.
And if they have different spike protein (antigen) than the vaccine target… gone case… New vaccine have to be developed, again.

Link Copied
Expand
Majestic wrote:

95% is for pfizer and moderna

These have 60% and 70%

https://fossbytes.com/covaxin-vs-covishield-eff...

The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) said that Covishield has an efficiency of 70.42% according to the data submitted by the Serum Institute of India to the authorities.

According to Sai D Prasad, President, Quality Operations at Bharat Biotech, Covaxin will have 60% efficacy.

It is so sad that Indians have to adjust with 50-60% wala vaccine , shame..!

Link Copied

‘We are not part of it’: PM Modi’s message to politicians on 1st phase of Covid vaccination exercise .

Master stroke

Atleast frontline workers / doctors should be provided with 90% wala vaccine i.e pfizer one .

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

As far as my experience goes with homeopathy, this stream is largely practitioner dependent, if you could find the guy who suits you, then can use it for day to day common problems.
Second opinions are always good for serious problems.
At the time of emergency, everybody has to go to the same hospital, alternative medications don’t work when a person is dying of heart attack

True that
I’ve only tried these homeopathy medicines when i was a kid (for minor issues) and they seem to have worked then but ever since i started using these Allopathic medications i don’t even bother but some people do promote these homeopathic medications work fine alongside allopathic medications with no side effects which i think is a farce claim
But like u said, it depends on the practitioner too.. some do it as a part-time hobby

cc @animesh7785474

Link Copied
saymyname78 wrote:

‘We are not part of it’: PM Modi’s message to politicians on 1st phase of Covid vaccination exercise .

Master stroke

Atleast frontline workers / doctors should be provided with 90% wala vaccine i.e pfizer one .

The storage infrastructure cost of that one would be much higher than the value of the vaccine itself

Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

True that
I’ve only tried these homeopathy medicines when i was a kid (for minor issues) and they seem to have worked then but ever since i started using these Allopathic medications i don’t even bother but some people do promote these homeopathic medications work fine alongside allopathic medications with no side effects which i think is a farce claim
But like u said, it depends on the practitioner too.. some do it as a part-time hobby

cc @animesh7785474

Why would someone want to combine both allopathy and homeopathy, that would be silly.
Take a path and stick to that smile

Missing