Damaged 4k TV from TATA cliq return denied

295°
Deal Cadet
_pb

I bought 65inch 4k VU tv from Tata cliq and received damaged product. Raised request via email with images and return rejected because of mismatch in serial number.

Seller details: MAHAJAN ELECTRONICS

https://imgur.com/a/GofCT1a

Box was opened by technician and he has mentioned about damaged product on job sheet and I have also sent screenshot of that.

I have raised ticket on vu to verify serial number and also posted it on social media. Waiting for VU reply.

Check this seller before buying anything from tatacliq.

25 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

what is mismatch in serial number?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
nomag wrote:

what is mismatch in serial number?

On bill 3132008 mentioned.

On box : 1870783M#03132008#1

On TV : Model VU/S/OAUHD65
1870783M-00411

your claim has been denied as the SR NO. details which were shared from your end differs with the one which are shared by our Seller.

seller shared : 3132008

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have pleasant experience with flipkart. I purchased a 55 inch Marq TV. The box was opened by Jeeves technician. The display was cracked. He took photos, uploaded to their office. I received a call from call centre within an hour, a new technician was assigned on 2nd day to verify the damage. TV was picked up within 5 days & new TV was dispatched by seller as soon as pickup was confirmed by courier company. It took just 2 calls from my side, one to inform flipkart about damage & other to confirm pickup by courier company.
I have been constantly amazed by professionalism shown by flipkart and Amazon. Amazon customer service is also prompt in acknowledging issues and provides instant replacement or refund. Hence I always purchase high value items from these two sites only.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Jeeves guy did the unboxing ? What was the damage ?

What did tatacliq said when you told them that package was opened by their installation guy ?

Contact them again and try talking to some higher up executive and explain your situation again.

Contact them on social media handles too.
I doubt Vu would do anything here.


They can’t just send anything and deny return.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
_pb wrote:

On bill 3132008 mentioned.

On box : 1870783M#03132008#1

On TV : Model VU/S/OAUHD65
1870783M-00411

your claim has been denied as the SR NO. details which were shared from your end differs with the one which are shared by our Seller.

seller shared : 3132008

This is sad and bad..completely wrong on part of tatacliq..bill is generated by Tatacliq and therefore, its all fault of Tatacliq

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
zafar_khan wrote:

Jeeves guy did the unboxing ? What was the damage ?

What did tatacliq said when you told them that package was opened by their installation guy ?

Contact them again and try talking to some higher up executive and explain your situation again.

Contact them on social media handles too.
I doubt Vu would do anything here.

They can’t just send anything and deny return.

I called tatacliq again and they told me we will get back to you in 2 days..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Called MAHAJAN ELECTRONICS, They told me its not possible and only tata cliq can do something about it.
Called VU TV : They will forward me technician full report. They told me this in morning. I have not received anything yet.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
zafar_khan wrote:

Jeeves guy did the unboxing ? What was the damage ?

What did tatacliq said when you told them that package was opened by their installation guy ?

Contact them again and try talking to some higher up executive and explain your situation again.

Contact them on social media handles too.
I doubt Vu would do anything here.

They can’t just send anything and deny return.

Yes. VU technician, Full screen ! sad

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
_pb wrote:

Called MAHAJAN ELECTRONICS, They told me its not possible and only tata cliq can do something about it.
Called VU TV : They will forward me technician full report. They told me this in morning. I have not received anything yet.

Seller seems to be at fault here. As he is the only one who could have replaced the tv itself with another similar model with different serial number.

What was the response of Jeeves guy on opening the box and finding broken tv ?
Did he mention it in his “report” in front of you ?
What reason did he mention for unsuccessful installation ?

Call VU again about the report.
And wait for tatacliq’s response.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

I think seller played with you and Tatacliq.
May be his damaged TV stock will now be covered by Tatacliq’s transit insurance.
But I believe he missed serial number part or deliberately gave different serial number to confuse
Good that only technician opened the box and hopefully you have unboxing video just in case technician writes otherwise(you never know these people)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

I think seller played with you and Tatacliq.
May be his damaged TV stock will now be covered by Tatacliq’s transit insurance.
But I believe he missed serial number part or deliberately gave different serial number to confuse
Good that only technician opened the box and hopefully you have unboxing video just in case technician writes otherwise(you never know these people)

Nope, I dont have unboxing video and technician mentioned serial number from TV.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
_pb wrote:

Nope, I dont have unboxing video and technician mentioned serial number from TV.

Technician should have mentioned on his report that the serial number defers on box and TV

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

Technician should have mentioned on his report that the serial number defers on box and TV

He did not noticed mismatch. Today morning I got mail from Tata cliq and checked images again and it was not same confused

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
_pb wrote:

On bill 3132008 mentioned.

On box : 1870783M#03132008#1

On TV : Model VU/S/OAUHD65
1870783M-00411

your claim has been denied as the SR NO. details which were shared from your end differs with the one which are shared by our Seller.

seller shared : 3132008

isnt the serial number same, except for the 0 in the starting? surprised

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

isnt the serial number same, except for the 0 in the starting? surprised

Same on box but not on tv

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
_pb wrote:

Same on box but not on tv

Same serial number on box and first part of that serial no same as serial no on TV which may implies same TV.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Finally They took TV and I got refund amount.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
_pb wrote:

Finally They took TV and I got refund amount.

congrats so did twitter help

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
desiman wrote:

congrats so did twitter help

Yes, Twitter, Facebook
Multiple calls and emails !

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

tatacliq don’t give a damn about customers. I had bad experience with them 2 years ago and I never bought anything from them till date. I simply ignore their offers and discounts howsoever good it seems.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

i have the similar problem, bought a Samsung TV in Flipkart everything was good but in the invoice they provided a different serial number. Spoke to customer care executive and they checked with the seller and provided a new invoice with correct serial number.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
saravananbaskaran wrote:

i have the similar problem, bought a Samsung TV in Flipkart everything was good but in the invoice they provided a different serial number. Spoke to customer care executive and they checked with the seller and provided a new invoice with correct serial number.

You telling me now on top of all the other problems we have to verify the serial numbers on 3 different places and note it and then run after it???? Its not so bad except for the real small prints used.. Thats why they have bar code readers to make sure it all matches.. Why distributor opening new product boxes? Then its not new.. I never had serial number mismatch from OEM’s.. Now they even have serial numbers on shipping invoice that the delivery guy checks with the OTP you have to give him to accept the product.

Instead of making lives easier, seems this technological advancements is just causing a lot more problems.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Has the service improved from tatacliq because I have order TV worth 35k?

Missing