Deduction u/s 80D

I'm purchasing a medical insurance policy for my parents and the premium will be deducted from my mother's bank account, also the receipt will be in her name. I'll be transferring amount from my bank account to my mother's bank account for the premium payment.

So my question is, in this case, will I be able to claim tax benefit u/s 80D?

Thanks in advance.
Expiring In 22 days
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

There is an option of proposers name in the policy, you need to give your name as proposer in order to claim if you are not paying

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No issues bro, claim it, just have a receipt of premium paid(should not be in cash) and premium should be on ur parent. That's it, it doesn't matter who paid and mostly neither government nor ur employer will trace whether payment done by you
The only thing they ask for is receipt and such receipt should contain ur parent name

Click here to reply