Diners Privilege vs Visa Millennia

44°
Deal Newbie
manishperiwa...

I already have Regalia First.
My expectations from the upgraded card is to have max benefit from SmartBuy.
I do not understand hotel miles/air miles, as I travel comparatively less and also book flights/hotels from different platforms based on the offers that time.
Nor do I need any lounge access as I have multiple others cards for it.
Major use case is online shopping and buying Amazon voucher at max discount.
I can see the smartbuy rewards for Diners Privilege as 264Regular Points + 1056 Bonus Rewards for 10K Amzn Gift card. But I am unable to understand the math behind it.
And for Millennia it is straight forward 500rs cashback for 10K amzn gift card.
Please guide me.
Thanks

Expired
9 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

For Millennia, it’s 5% (₹500) + 1% card benefit (₹100) => Total ₹600
For Diners Privilege, the reward point value differs based on the redemption category (Travel, Vouchers, etc)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
MrMonkey wrote:

Yes. And for Credit to statement it is 0.2Rs/RP, which is not that great.
Therefore, I am unable to understand

Yes. And for Credit to statement it is 0.2Rs/RP, which is not that great.
Therefore, I am unable to understand why DP > Millenia.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

For diners privilege, it is 4 reward point per 150, which makes regular points as 264. Bonus reward point is additional 4x which makes it 1056. So, total 1320 points. Each point value is 0.5 rs for flights, so total 660 rupees discount on flight (118 redemption charges also applicable).

For Millenia , it is 5% smartbuy Cashback plus 1% card Cashback. So, total 600 Cashback. 

600 cashback is lot more than 660 discount on flights, when u consider the usual discount available for flights, redemption charges and time taken to accumulate points 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

My wife is being offered Regalia first. Is it even worth taking ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Knight11 wrote:

For diners privilege, it is 4 reward point per 150, which makes regular points as 264. Bonus reward point is additional 4x which makes it 1056. So, total 1320 points. Each point value is 0.5 rs for flights, so total 660 rupees discount on flight (118 redemption charges also applicable).

For Millenia , it is 5% smartbuy Cashback plus 1% card Cashback. So, total 600 Cashback. 

600 cashback is lot more than 660 discount on flights, when u consider the usual discount available for flights, redemption charges and time taken to accumulate points 

Thanks a ton. You made my decision easy.
What about wallet load, mostly mobikwik and payzapp?
Is Millenia better or flipkart axis or amazon pay icici?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
manishperiwal.slg214 wrote:

Thanks a ton. You made my decision easy.
What about wallet load, mostly mobikwik and payzapp?
Is Millenia better or flipkart axis or amazon pay icici?

Millenia does give 1% on wallet reloads as per their website. Axis Flipkart doesn’t give anything on wallet reloads. Amazon gives 1% as amazon pay balance on all spends.

Best is currently IDFC first card, which gives 1.5% cashback (2.5% for spends above 20k).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

You

I have Idfc classic credit card and I didn’t knew about it.
So it’s given 6X on online spends and 3x on offline.
But then what is 1X for?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
manishperiwal.slg214 wrote:

I have Idfc classic credit card and I didn’t knew about it.
So it’s given 6X on online spends and 3x on offline.
But then what is 1X for?

u don’t get 1×. It’s just the way of saying it. 1 rp is 0.25 and can be redeemed while purchasing anything via pay with points option. So, 6x is 1.5 rs.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Manitian wrote:

My wife is being offered Regalia first. Is it even worth taking ?

I got it LTF when I opened a salary account with HDFC 4 years ago.
Used it for Bank specific offer during sale. That’s it. grin

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply