Does Price Action works ?

205°
Deal Lieutenant
SARDARKHAN

I have heard and read that most of the traders use price action for their trades so I asked few of them how to learn and they recommended Al brooks books, so I want some opinions if that really works like
I downloaded the 3 books by al brooks and started to read them.

21 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Zerodha has a course

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Tagging price action king
@malikcool sunglasses

Hahaha. smile smile JJ bhai Market is king. We all are students of market.

And yes price action works. But there’s nothing readily available to serve. Only learning & practice can help you to learn the art of price action.

@MrKool_JJ Baaki JJ bhai be safe. Covid is @ peak. pensive Wear a mask whenever you go outside.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Nothing works 100% it’s about probability. Sometimes it will work sometimes it won’t. Enter the trade based on how much you can afford to lose or basically Risk management.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
soccergiants wrote:

Nothing works 100% it’s about probability. Sometimes it will work sometimes it won’t. Enter the trade based on how much you can afford to lose or basically Risk management.

yes that is true nothing will work 100% or even 60-70% in stock market

my query is like does price action increases our probability by a little or gives a very very little edge ?

Deal Brigadier Deal Brigadier
Link Copied

what do u mean by ‘’price action’’ does it include technical chart or not?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
homedimer wrote:

what do u mean by ‘’price action’’ does it include technical chart or not?

yes it is technical analysis

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
SARDARKHAN wrote:

yes it is technical analysis

Bhai du pahar ko likhta hun iske upar. Koshish karenge live examples leke discuss karne. 🙂🙂🙂

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Hmm. Price Action forms the basis of technical analysis. But, there are limitations. Normally people think Price Action mean visual patterns but volume and other price behavior play important roles.
The problem is all people have the same information. Interpretation might be different. When everyone has the same information, things become noisy and that’s why longer time frames are more reasonable and dependable in nature.

@Rosh_0007 @bumblefoot @malikcool guys, what are your opinions?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

From my personal experience, I can confirm PA works.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Hmm. Price Action forms the basis of technical analysis. But, there are limitations. Normally people think Price Action mean visual patterns but volume and other price behavior play important roles.
The problem is all people have the same information. Interpretation might be different. When everyone has the same information, things become noisy and that’s why longer time frames are more reasonable and dependable in nature.

@Rosh_0007 @bumblefoot @malikcool guys, what are your opinions?

yes sir
I started learning price action from al brooks books and my next thing to learn for volume analysis is book of anna coulling volume price analysis

anything else I should learn that can supplement my analysis ?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
bftb wrote:

From my personal experience, I can confirm PA works.

can you share little more on that

like you experience ? or what else can benefit in PA
direction to learn
I am very keen on learning

we study 4-6 years at least to go in some profession and earn a salary
I am willing to put at least some efforts so as to benefit in trading

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
SARDARKHAN wrote:

yes sir
I started learning price action from al brooks books and my next thing to learn for volume analysis is book of anna coulling volume price analysis

anything else I should learn that can supplement my analysis ?

Whatelse!!! Thinking out of box. I mean creating a screener would filter you good stocks. But there are stocks, which don’t come up under any scanners easily. So, keep a look at good stocks, which have not performed for a while. Now your learnings ll help you.
🙂🙂🙂

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

AB’s 3 books are a bit advanced.

Learn TA and basics first. DL Zerodha’s Varsity app.

Next – Mastering the Trade by John F Carter. Then come back and reread AB. All the best

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Copied from Twitter 

As beginners we wander from one method to another without developing a deep understanding of any of the methods Ideally one should delve deep into one method, Either deploy it or discard it before moving onto the next Be a master in atleast one method, As a trader it help

Even simple moving average or pivot points also works. But we all r doing above mistake.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Whatelse!!! Thinking out of box. I mean creating a screener would filter you good stocks. But there are stocks, which don’t come up under any scanners easily. So, keep a look at good stocks, which have not performed for a while. Now your learnings ll help you.
🙂🙂🙂

currently I am focusing on index more as I dont have confidence in stocks
but will try stocks in paper trade and apply what I am learning in it to see the results for few months smile

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
bftb wrote:

AB’s 3 books are a bit advanced.

Learn TA and basics first. DL Zerodha’s Varsity app.

Next – Mastering the Trade by John F Carter. Then come back and reread AB. All the best

I have learned basics from varsity
currently when I am reading AB’s books, yes they are difficult and taking much time to read and learn.
I am in the middle so will continue to do so
I will read Mastering the Trade by John F Carter after I have finished with current one
added the book to the reading list

thanks for the suggestion
kg+

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
drjpatwa wrote:

Copied from Twitter 

As beginners we wander from one method to another without developing a deep understanding of any of the methods Ideally one should delve deep into one method, Either deploy it or discard it before moving onto the next Be a master in atleast one method, As a trader it help

Even simple moving average or pivot points also works. But we all r doing above mistake.

yes read this tweet like yesterday or day before that
I am focusing on PA only with volume analysis to supplement it smile

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Expand
malikcool wrote:

Hahaha. smile smile JJ bhai Market is king. We all are students of market.

And yes price action works. But there’s nothing readily available to serve. Only learning & practice can help you to learn the art of price action.

@MrKool_JJ Baaki JJ bhai be safe. Covid is @ peak. pensive Wear a mask whenever you go outside.

Yes, you too bro.
Current situation is pretty bad pensive

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

anyone read complete al Brooks book ??

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply