Error While doing Video KYC in IDFC Bank.

217°
Deal Subedar
187
1450
7


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/677240/medium/Screenshot_20210410-142202.png?1618044789
I am entering my VID which was used while creating the account. But its giving me the error that authentication can not be completed.

Any idea why ?

33 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
89
1222
24

Try giving aadhaar number… Or wait for some time…

May be some technical issue

187
1450
7
ankurg2109172 wrote:

Try giving aadhaar number… Or wait for some time…

May be some technical issue

already tried with adhaar number and got error message of ‘adhar number or vid is not present in our system.’

89
1222
24
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

already tried with adhaar number and got error message of ‘adhar number or vid is not present in our system.’

Try contacting customer care then…

Or if branch nearby… And do physical kyc..
By visiting branch or calling executive to home …

6
15893
139

Acha bank linked Mobil number n adhaar linked mobile number are same???

7
2192
17
bikidas2060 wrote:

Acha bank linked Mobil number n adhaar linked mobile number are same???

For me both are different but still my IDFC Video KYC was successfull @akki.akki

187
1450
7
Expand
ankurg2109172 wrote:

Try contacting customer care then…

Or if branch nearby… And do physical kyc..
By visiting branch or calling executive to home …

branch is 150 km away… also tried contacting cc they did no help.

today morning before doing kyc i generated new VID from adhar site. do u think due to this opd vid is not getting authenticated ? @RunZone

187
1450
7
Expand
RunZone wrote:

For me both are different but still my IDFC Video KYC was successfull

did u do via adhaar number or vid ?

7
2192
17
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

branch is 150 km away… also tried contacting cc they did no help.

today morning before doing kyc i generated new VID from adhar site. do u think due to this opd vid is not getting authenticated ? @RunZone

I am not sure as I have never used VID.

Maybe you previous VID was invalidated when you generated a new one.

674
5117
56

It is must that you do not generate a new VID until the KYC using previous VID is completed.

89
1222
24
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

branch is 150 km away… also tried contacting cc they did no help.

today morning before doing kyc i generated new VID from adhar site. do u think due to this opd vid is not getting authenticated ? @RunZone

Try contacting social team via email or by DM on Twitter

4
1425
8

VIDs are use and throws. Maybe the IDFC account has an old VID in place and it’s trying to authenticate with that itself, whereas it might be that it’s no longer valid as a new one might have replaced it. VIDs are good for one time authentications, but these systems usually store these in perpetuity in the place of Aadhaar number.

187
1450
7
Thunder766 wrote:

VIDs are use and throws. Maybe the IDFC account has an old VID in place and it’s trying to authenticate with that itself, whereas it might be that it’s no longer valid as a new one might have replaced it. VIDs are good for one time authentications, but these systems usually store these in perpetuity in the place of Aadhaar number.

yes.. an soon as new VID is generated old one is marked as inactive. now i have to go to branch fo kyc.

50
356
3
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

yes.. an soon as new VID is generated old one is marked as inactive. now i have to go to branch fo kyc.

contact customer care they will help u sirg

674
5117
56
Thunder766 wrote:

VIDs are use and throws. Maybe the IDFC account has an old VID in place and it’s trying to authenticate with that itself, whereas it might be that it’s no longer valid as a new one might have replaced it. VIDs are good for one time authentications, but these systems usually store these in perpetuity in the place of Aadhaar number.

No, aadhaar is only used for verification & once that is done there is no storage of aadhaar number or VID & there is no need either.

4
1425
8
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

No, aadhaar is only used for verification & once that is done there is no storage of aadhaar number or VID & there is no need either.

I don’t think so, all Aadhaar equipped bank accounts have a Aadhaar number associated with it for account seeding. For instance, LPG subsidy.

You can also see last four digits of Aadhaar number on the Net Banking page of some banks, which gives a sign that they store or ‘link’ Aadhaar number with it.

674
5117
56
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

I don’t think so, all bank accounts have a Aadhaar number associated with it for account seeding. For instance, LPG subsidy.

That is different thing, those are govt benefits for which aadhaar is mandatory & this is related directly to govt(just like your pan aadhaar linkage). For anything not related to govt/govt schemes, aadhaar is only voluntary & to be used only for authentication once with no number/VID stored afterwards. This is how govt bypasses the Supreme Court decision on aadhaar. Once you authenticate your identity using aadhaar for say opening a bank acc then there is no need for bank to store any aadhaar number because now they know you are who you claim to be & if in future some doubt comes up they can simply ask you to re-authenticate yourself not necessarily using aadhaar(e.g. pan/voter id/passport all of which are RBI officially approved ID proofs).

4
1425
8
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

That is different thing, those are govt benefits for which aadhaar is mandatory & this is related directly to govt(just like your pan aadhaar linkage). For anything not related to govt/govt schemes, aadhaar is only voluntary & to be used only for authentication once with no number/VID stored afterwards. This is how govt bypasses the Supreme Court decision on aadhaar. Once you authenticate your identity using aadhaar for say opening a bank acc then there is no need for bank to store any aadhaar number because now they know you are who you claim to be & if in future some doubt comes up they can simply ask you to re-authenticate yourself not necessarily using aadhaar(e.g. pan/voter id/passport all of which are RBI officially approved ID proofs).

Don’t get me wrong, I completely get your point. Details in the Aadhaar data are copied, but not the Aadhaar number itself, that is what you are trying to say here. But you are thinking about it theatrically, the practical side is completely opposite. Some banks do store Aadhaar number, I remember Paytm Payments bank did. Once I had to do re-KYC and it asked me last four digits of my Aadhaar number to re-authenticate. If it didn’t know the other numbers, why would it work. I can’t remember if this was after the Supreme Court ruling or not, but I bet most banks still do.

Let me tell you what recently happened with me. I wanted to update certain details of KYC records with my bank account, I visited the branch for the same, to my surprise they had my previous copies of KYC documents submitted attached to my account, I was literally able to see account opening form along with my KYC documents on their screen.

674
5117
56
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I completely get your point. Details in the Aadhaar data are copied, but not the Aadhaar number itself, that is what you are trying to say here. But you are thinking about it theatrically, the practical side is completely opposite. Some banks do store Aadhaar number, I remember Paytm Payments bank did. Once I had to do re-KYC and it asked me last four digits of my Aadhaar number to re-authenticate. If it didn’t know the other numbers, why would it work. I can’t remember if this was after the Supreme Court ruling or not, but I bet most banks still do.

Let me tell you what recently happened with me. I wanted to update certain details of KYC records with my bank account, I visited the branch for the same, to my surprise they had my previous copies of KYC documents submitted attached to my account, I was literally able to see account opening form along with my KYC documents on their screen.

I also get your point & I understand we are both discussing on basis of assumptions so there is never a guarantee so the best we can do is put forth our logic behind those assumptions.

See even the masked aadhaar that I personally use only has last 4 digits visible along with a complete 16 digit VID which changes every time you print a new masked aadhaar from UIDAI site. I believe that paytm asked you for last 4 digits only because that is all they need to authenticate because masked aadhaar itself contains only last 4 digits & has same official validity by UIDAI as non-masked aadhaar/VID.

Physical copies of KYC are always stored, that is the rule. This is why many banks use aadhaar only electronically as it avoids any potential legal hassles in the future because they don’t need to keep physical copy of aadhaar.

4
1425
8
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I also get your point & I understand we are both discussing on basis of assumptions so there is never a guarantee so the best we can do is put forth our logic behind those assumptions.

See even the masked aadhaar that I personally use only has last 4 digits visible along with a complete 16 digit VID which changes every time you print a new masked aadhaar from UIDAI site. I believe that paytm asked you for last 4 digits only because that is all they need to authenticate because masked aadhaar itself contains only last 4 digits & has same official validity by UIDAI as non-masked aadhaar/VID.

Physical copies of KYC are always stored, that is the rule. This is why many banks use aadhaar only electronically as it avoids any potential legal hassles in the future because they don’t need to keep physical copy of aadhaar.

I have never used VIDs on Paytm, so I don’t think Paytm got my masked version of Aadhaar. I meant it asked for the last four digits and Aadhaar OTP for OTP based authentication.

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but in Rajasthan there is this E-Mitra kiosks deployed in remote areas where bank customers can withdraw money from their bank accounts solely via Aadhaar biometric authentication. All they do is enter Aadhaar number, authenticate biometrics and get list of bank accounts displayed linked to it and initiate a transaction. I don’t know the exact procedure but my friends there have been using it.

Bottom line, repetitive changes to guidelines have led to outdated systems, some banks don’t even accept VIDs whereas VID are mandatory to be followed. What they actually store and what they don’t depends upon bank to bank and time to time. Nothing is 100% followed, not everything is implemented.

4
1425
8

@guest_999 Regarding the E-Mitra Kiosk I mentioned, I found a video on Youtube(in hindi) explaining step by step procedure how it’s done. You can see that no account details are asked and only Aadhaar number is asked. If you think they might fetch account details via contact number, it’s not. I did confirm that. They use AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System).


Edit: I have found official website of NPCI stating the same.
https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/aeps/product...
The only inputs required for a customer to do a transaction under this scenario are:-

  1. Bank Name
  2. Aadhaar Number
  3. Fingerprint captured during enrollment.’
674
5117
56
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

I have never used VIDs on Paytm, so I don’t think Paytm got my masked version of Aadhaar. I meant it asked for the last four digits and Aadhaar OTP for OTP based authentication.

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but in Rajasthan there is this E-Mitra kiosks deployed in remote areas where bank customers can withdraw money from their bank accounts solely via Aadhaar biometric authentication. All they do is enter Aadhaar number, authenticate biometrics and get list of bank accounts displayed linked to it and initiate a transaction. I don’t know the exact procedure but my friends there have been using it.

Bottom line, repetitive changes to guidelines have led to outdated systems, some banks don’t even accept VIDs whereas VID are mandatory to be followed. What they actually store and what they don’t depends upon bank to bank and time to time. Nothing is 100% followed, not everything is implemented.

I think “supported” systems can authenticate nowadays using just last 4 digits of aadhaar.

Yes I know about it, that system is AePS.
http://cashlessindia.gov.in/aep...ml
Because this is govt project so same rules don’t apply.

I myself faced this issue where one credit card company accept VID for biometric authentication where others don’t but it is my belief that at least electronically most non-govt institutions nowadays don’t keep record of aadhaar other than last 4 digits in case of original aadhaar(keeping complete VID number is fine because technically it is not original aadhaar).

4
1425
8

@guest_999 If you have an account with Canara bank(Or previously with Syndicate bank), login to it’s net banking page, you will be able to check full Aadhaar number on the screen. Check screenshot attached. So banks do store Aadhaar numbers.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/678103/original/IMG_20210414_133618.jpg?1618387771

674
5117
56
Thunder766 wrote:

@guest_999 If you have an account with Canara bank(Or previously with Syndicate bank), login to it’s net banking page, you will be able to check full Aadhaar number on the screen. Check screenshot attached. So banks do store Aadhaar numbers.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/678103/original/IMG_20210414_133618.jpg?1618387771

Banks do store aadhaar number when you use the “seed bank account with aadhaar” option because it means you expect to avail some govt benefit service for which aadhaar is legally mandatory. I never thought of availing such service so never seeded any of my bank acc with aadhaar so no such issue for me. Using aadhaar for kyc is different from seeding bank acc with aadhaar but most bank executives confuse ppl to think it is the same thing(especially psu banks) because opening/having more bank accounts seeded with aadhaar is considered as a performance increase factor.

4
1425
8
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Banks do store aadhaar number when you use the “seed bank account with aadhaar” option because it means you expect to avail some govt benefit service for which aadhaar is legally mandatory. I never thought of availing such service so never seeded any of my bank acc with aadhaar so no such issue for me. Using aadhaar for kyc is different from seeding bank acc with aadhaar but most bank executives confuse ppl to think it is the same thing(especially psu banks) because opening/having more bank accounts seeded with aadhaar is considered as a performance increase factor.

The account holder has not requested for that “service”. Aadhaar seeding is a request to send all proceeds related to that Aadhaar number to this bank account. For example LPG subsidies. This account holder does not hold an LPG account in his name nor has any ‘Direct Benefit Transfer’ available in his name. He has also not requested for any seeding request, so this is default for all bank account holders.

So whoever had submitted Aadhaar as a KYC document for his/her bank account will be able to see their Aadhaar number here.

674
5117
56
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

The account holder has not requested for that “service”. Aadhaar seeding is a request to send all proceeds related to that Aadhaar number to this bank account. For example LPG subsidies. This account holder does not hold an LPG account in his name nor has any ‘Direct Benefit Transfer’ available in his name. He has also not requested for any seeding request, so this is default for all bank account holders.

So whoever had submitted Aadhaar as a KYC document for his/her bank account will be able to see their Aadhaar number here.

That’s what I am trying to tell you bro, most banks trick customers into seeding their bank account with aadhaar even if they don’t need it. I myself have been asked by bank officials to give aadhaar despite telling them I have no need for any govt benefit scheme. This is why airtel payment bank got into trouble a few years ago when they not only opened the payment bank acc using aadhaar biometric but also seeded it with aadhaar resulting in many peoples govt benefit transfer going to their airtel payment bank acc instead of their usual bank acc, their CEO even had to resign over this( https://www.livemint.com/Companies/ZjDSxh6gZ0B1... ).

You can check it yourself by contacting canara bank customer care & tell them to remove your aadhaar seeding from the bank acc. If you had ever submitted your address proof of same city as home branch in the form of voter ID/DL then only reason aadhaar is there is for seeding purpose & I can assure you bank customer care will insist on you keeping it there as without it they won’t have any valid legal reason to keep your aadhaar. Even for KYC purpose you can do this by telling bank that you will instead give your voter ID/DL with same home branch city address.

Missing