Should i keep it ?
Poll has expired, here are the final results

Flipkart sent refrigerator with a manufacturing date of Feb 2021

152°
Helpful
DJRohan

I ordered this fridge

https://www.flipkart.com/whirlpool-677-l-frost-...

yesterday order was delivered but it has manufacturing date of Feb 2021. 

Price and product is good but should i return it or keep it ? Warranty is 1 year and brought 3 year extended.

Or any other suggestion on this matter ?

Some more about this

Brought at 59990/-

Also it was mentioned about bee ratings, but it refers to launch year logically not manufacturing year. I never thought of. 

Top Comments
Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Dont buy whirlpool products, they are the worst.

Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

Dont stamp. I have been using whirlpool refrigerator for past 3.5yrs without issues bought online. 

Used semi-auto washing machine for 10yrs without issues and sold 4yrsback   because the plastic lid has developed little cracks ( due to exposure to sun)

25 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

U Can't Return It , Only Replacement Policy Or Service Center Returns.

Once Purchased, Its Final

Link Copied

Reading complete details before ordering helps.

BEE rating year is 2020, which means its old product.

Not sure anout star rating but assuming if its 5* then now it will be equivalent to 2*.

For warranty and other related call whirlpool cc and tell them you bought a week back and now its not working and tell them you have 1yr warranty provided by FK.

Listen to what they say and decide.

If i were you i will return the product as the parts will not be available ( mostly) in another 1 year as it completes 5years of launch.

Next time careful and buy only after thorough check, specially bulky things like firdge, AC etc.

Good luck

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Dont buy whirlpool products, they are the worst.

Link Copied

Dont stamp. I have been using whirlpool refrigerator for past 3.5yrs without issues bought online. 

Used semi-auto washing machine for 10yrs without issues and sold 4yrsback   because the plastic lid has developed little cracks ( due to exposure to sun)

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Its clearly written on the webpage that BEE year 2020. So, the product must be old! 5* in BEE 2020 might be equal to 1* or 2* in the current year (meaning high energy consumption). Flipkart has not hide anything from you, you just overlooked product specifications.

AFAIK fridge parts are available if not the product is rare (unlike mobiles). You got it cheaper as its an old product and currently out of stock, may be you were the last customer of this model.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Kuch bhi...

Have you compared BEE rating of 2021 and 2024 before saying it might be just 1/2 star 😂

View 4 more replies
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I don't think Flipkart will do anything even though they should have mentioned manufacturing year on product description page.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Why u purchased from Flopkart , its your mistake now you will cry for the rest of your ilfe

-If it were amazon there wud have been a chance

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Whirlpool is worst company..never buy anything from them

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

at what price you brought it?

description clearly said bee rating of 2020. It's obvious that you will get a old stock. 

Link Copied

OP, the replies slip you into deep sorrow than actual product. Nevertheless forget all, dont open this thread ( hopefully after reading my comment) and peacefully live with the fridge. Its a nice steel model fridge and lasts long. My friendly suggestion.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

at this price its a nice deal, whirlpool is a gud compny.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No issue, just file a warranty Dispute with invoice, they will update it from invoice date.

It's common 

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Keep it... you got it for nice deal...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

itcomescheapitcomeswithproblems

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Keep it it's a fridge not bloody mobile or some tech gadget

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Enjoy your purchase; years don't matter. Don't worry. It is a branded product and warranty will start from the date of purchase. 

You are probably missing out on ~useless~ features such as smart connectivity (my sister has a LG fridge that cost more than a lakh rupees with Smart features and what not and they rarely use it) and will have to pay slightly more for the electricity your fridge consumes. Refrigerators are anyways highly power efficient so not to worry there. You are not missing out on any 'new' features; yours is still a competent product. It was wise of you to purchase extended warranty.

replyuser
Click here to reply