Fradulant calls

299°
60 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4285
105

I don’t know why people want to easily loot others and make free money instead of earning it. Due to this pandemic they are actually left out with nothing but earn some free hard cash. Never share any details through any unauthorized link because unless and until you give them a loophole they can’t do anything with your account. He should opted for amazon for sending rakhi to his sis from some prime account cry

Missing
Deal Subedar
120
1331
35

whenever you receive such calls Just disconnect saying wrong number.

Missing
Deal Subedar
120
1331
35
Expand
9rkonar wrote:

He wanted to courier Rakhi so he searched “Courier services near me” in Justdial.
He got the listings
He choosed one & dialed.

The number was “6289849392”.

The number was answered by a person told my friend that "Due to lock down we have digitalized the booking process, will send u a link for registration payment and u need to pay the registration amount only after this will arrange the booking.

So he followed & was asked to give the OTP over call. By the time he hanged up call he lost about 24K.

When he ranged me for help, I asked him to send me the link and I found the link was for “Filling debit card detail Google form.”

Now the Bank says “Since u gave the data,it’s your fault”. My friend says " yes it’s my fault,but when I accept u must help me as well ! "

Cop als saying the same " it’s your fault".

He also reported to Justdial but so far no actionable response.

He stunned with this all & unable to come out of this misery !

are you kidding, In OTP it will clearly show amount and merchant name.
How did your friend shared even after seeing these details?

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Expand
AppleFan wrote:

are you kidding, In OTP it will clearly show amount and merchant name.
How did your friend shared even after seeing these details?

Your right, the caller was kept my friend busy in talk & told to.share the. OTP immediately-immediatly, so my friend fumbled & Shared the OTP in hurry.  After the deduction she checked the OTP message again & found the Fradulant amount !

It’s a serious lapse of Sense/presence of Mind !

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
912
5266
52

In one of my friend case the debit card was used on Flipkart by some known person which he came to know when he updated the passbook. I raised the request and they had cancel the product which was not delivered. Tweet them on twitter they might help if the representative empathise with you.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
732
4576
55

Raise dispute with bank.
If that user had a payment gateway he must have registed his business.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Simbha3 wrote:

Raise dispute with bank.
If that user had a payment gateway he must have registed his business.

The transaction was done on Flipkart, I wrote an email to Flipkart in reply they said “Unable to trace the Order with given transaction ID”

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
732
4576
55
Expand
9rkonar wrote:

The transaction was done on Flipkart, I wrote an email to Flipkart in reply they said “Unable to trace the Order with given transaction ID”

Okay. Raise a dispute with bank. It’s a debit card right mastercard and visa has this facility.

Missing
Shopping Friend
88
5241
48
B4TM4N wrote:

cyber crimes are increasing confused
last week, received call from 9832840916.
caller said that he is from phonepe customer care and there is some issue with my acc.
he already had my personal details don’t know how.
he said I will get payment request on my mobile and I need to enter my pin to resolve issue.
I immediately disconnected call and blocked that number sweat_smile

I receive such calls every other day. They send me payment request also sometimes.
Usually they say you have pending money to receive in wallet and i disconnect right after but last time i said i am going to police and will give your no.
he said tumhe pata hain to batao na
tran: if you know tell na
then i said will complain as you will scam some other
he said tumhe kya lena dusro se tum sabka bhala kyu soch rahe
tran; *what you have to do with others why thinking about all.

Those were such fools and anyone with a basic understanding will understand they are frauds they even didn’t knew how to speak properly.

Missing
Deal Subedar
73
2040
18
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

I receive such calls every other day. They send me payment request also sometimes.
Usually they say you have pending money to receive in wallet and i disconnect right after but last time i said i am going to police and will give your no.
he said tumhe pata hain to batao na
tran: if you know tell na
then i said will complain as you will scam some other
he said tumhe kya lena dusro se tum sabka bhala kyu soch rahe
tran; *what you have to do with others why thinking about all.

Those were such fools and anyone with a basic understanding will understand they are frauds they even didn’t knew how to speak properly.

Prank them joy

Act like you are son of a CBI officer joy
Act like you are the biggest drug dealer joy
Act like your are Don.
Heck even act like your are from future.
Act like you just lost your memory.
joy joy

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Okay. Raise a dispute with bank. It’s a debit card right mastercard and visa has this facility.

Can u help me with the Portal if u have ?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
732
4576
55
Expand
9rkonar wrote:

Can u help me with the Portal if u have ?

Contact bank say i want to submit a dispute regarding the transaction. Don’t say i have entered or given otp. Just say transaction done without my authorisation.

Missing
Deal Cadet
68
532
10

The cybercell and police does nothing They only say its your fault Few months ago recently my family lost 70k as they told otp over call.Nothing can be done.

Missing
Deal Subedar
141
1334
85
Expand
9rkonar wrote:

He wanted to courier Rakhi so he searched “Courier services near me” in Justdial.
He got the listings
He choosed one & dialed.

The number was “6289849392”.

The number was answered by a person told my friend that "Due to lock down we have digitalized the booking process, will send u a link for registration payment and u need to pay the registration amount only after this will arrange the booking.

So he followed & was asked to give the OTP over call. By the time he hanged up call he lost about 24K.

When he ranged me for help, I asked him to send me the link and I found the link was for “Filling debit card detail Google form.”

Now the Bank says “Since u gave the data,it’s your fault”. My friend says " yes it’s my fault,but when I accept u must help me as well ! "

Cop als saying the same " it’s your fault".

He also reported to Justdial but so far no actionable response.

He stunned with this all & unable to come out of this misery !

Justdial is so useless.

Btw what Bank can do once fraudster withdrawn the amount.

So be careful while transacting or providing detail.

Missing
Deal Cadet
144
366
3
ithehappy wrote:

Seriously though people need to grow a brain it seems. Why on earth do these people just share everything over a bloody phone call i wonder! Why they don’t have even this much bloody common sense! I was even able to teach this to my mum, who is like an extra ordinary dumb person for tech stuffs!

I have not received any fraud calls recently, other than the one few months ago on the exact same day when a nearby bank was looted by some amateur dacoits. Problem is, i want to receive some, i trolled the last guy by saying a fake debit card number and cvv code and otp too lmfao, he didn’t realise at first, said wait let me check your credentials then simply hung up. I called back many times afterwards, keeps saying out of service.

The main thing is, scams/frauds have one basic instinct that renders people helpless – “Panic”;

Any good scammer will always first create panic mode on you, and in panic most people will give out the info not realizing that they are getting scammed. If I were to target you dedicatedly , then even though you maybe good at resisting the scams, you will fall for it during a panic mode; however normal scammers are targetting 300+ people in a day so they use the common phrases, so most people with basic knowledge will be safe, only some 5% might get tempted out and that’s enough for them.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Contact bank say i want to submit a dispute regarding the transaction. Don’t say i have entered or given otp. Just say transaction done without my authorisation.

Here what the problem comes bro, the bank will Come to know the transaction type , after which it will back fire us only. They might sue us back for Blaming False allegations on bank transaction!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
912
5266
52

If the transaction was done on Flipkart tell them your card has been misused. Tell them the card number and they will check in their system. Also tell them you are going to file a cyber complaint regarding the same. They asked for bank statement where the transaction was shown and after that they asked for card number first 6 digit and last 4. The executive were really helpful and they cancelled the remaining product.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
piyush2251 wrote:

If the transaction was done on Flipkart tell them your card has been misused. Tell them the card number and they will check in their system. Also tell them you are going to file a cyber complaint regarding the same. They asked for bank statement where the transaction was shown and after that they asked for card number first 6 digit and last 4. The executive were really helpful and they cancelled the remaining product.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/630541/medium/Screenshot_20200811-171447_1.jpg?1597146355They told that they are not able to track the Order with the Transaction number even after I gave them the Debit Card & Bank statement details

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
912
5266
52
Expand
9rkonar wrote:


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/630541/medium/Screenshot_20200811-171447_1.jpg?1597146355They told that they are not able to track the Order with the Transaction number even after I gave them the Debit Card & Bank statement details

Well they were able to track the disputed transaction of my friend. I don’t know what’s issue when you have everything.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Expand
piyush2251 wrote:

Well they were able to track the disputed transaction of my friend. I don’t know what’s issue when you have everything.

Yes, it was strange to me as well that why and how they can’t trace the Order? I think it’s their will & they don’t want to do it !

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
116
1

I don’t get it, the victim googled local courier services to courier Rakhi and provided the Debit Card details in a form and OTP as well. Where is Flipkart involved in all of this ?

Also, in Debit Card transactions it’s very difficult to recover money, in this case, there is a near zero chance that the victim will get the money, becomes the Victim is responsible for it. The freakin OTP message itself tells you not to share the details, if you do it after that and expect the “Bank to help” not gonna happen.

With Debit Card fraud (for actual fraudulent transactions, not when people DAF share their details) the bank does not lose money, so there is no incentive for the Bank to fight for the transaction.With Credit Card, the actual credit is money from the bank, so they will be more aggressive and quick to resolve the issue.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
tristar wrote:

I don’t get it, the victim googled local courier services to courier Rakhi and provided the Debit Card details in a form and OTP as well. Where is Flipkart involved in all of this ?

Also, in Debit Card transactions it’s very difficult to recover money, in this case, there is a near zero chance that the victim will get the money, becomes the Victim is responsible for it. The freakin OTP message itself tells you not to share the details, if you do it after that and expect the “Bank to help” not gonna happen.

With Debit Card fraud (for actual fraudulent transactions, not when people DAF share their details) the bank does not lose money, so there is no incentive for the Bank to fight for the transaction.With Credit Card, the actual credit is money from the bank, so they will be more aggressive and quick to resolve the issue.

Yes you rightly pointed out.
FYI – The transaction was made on Flipkart was by the Fraudster using my friend OTP.

In nutshell- It’s purely a stupidity stunt by my friend ! But the Agony is there is no one to help even after she accepted her mistake !

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
116
1

It’s unfortunate brother, but no one is going to “Help” in this scenario, the bank does not want to bear the burden, (since it’s not a Credit Card) so they will keep dragging it and eventually you will let it go.. That’s how this will end.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
tristar wrote:

It’s unfortunate brother, but no one is going to “Help” in this scenario, the bank does not want to bear the burden, (since it’s not a Credit Card) so they will keep dragging it and eventually you will let it go.. That’s how this will end.

Yeah, very unfortunate.. I think it’s a crime to be innocent in 2020 !

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
553
7
Expand
9rkonar wrote:

But u know when they Dig the Transaction they will come to know how the transaction was made like UPI, NETBANKING,DEBIT CARD ETC

So not the right option I would suggest. infact they will backfire with  “conspiracy” act (I think so).

That’s why I said, you are doomed if you willingly share otp.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

That’s why I said, you are doomed if you willingly share otp.

Yeah, as I already mentioned in my earlier Comment “it’s a Stupidity stunt” by my friend.

Missing
Deal Cadet
122
469
8

Get the statement of account from bank, and file complaint in cyber crime department by visiting
not in police station
I know a person who lost 32k by OTP fraud and got 26k back with help of cyber police in a month @9rkonar

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
222
2
ASH13 wrote:

Get the statement of account from bank, and file complaint in cyber crime department by visiting
not in police station
I know a person who lost 32k by OTP fraud and got 26k back with help of cyber police in a month @9rkonar

Noted

Missing