Hot Deal

Fraud .! RELATED TO ONLINE MOBILE.

418°
Deal Subedar
Hank_cs1.6

i found this fraud case on samsung twitter account.Only Sharing Information..

a guy purchase a mobile from amazon Seller in january 2022.

Now phone is locked by flipkart under due payment of Flipkart Upgrade plan.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/745040/medium/Screenshot_2022-02-20-00-52-01-87.png?1645298972


20 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied

Can individual person sell phone on amazon india

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

What a clean trick 😯😯 Iski topi uske sar 😰😰

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@LIMBO @getready @guest_999 @andromeda @Ash-D

paji suppose seller sold me a phone like this. it is a sealed box as users commented. i made my new account and log into it so how do flipkart know that the phone is being used?thru imei number? if imei number is involved then isn’t samsung also involved as users are getting messages on lockscreen which a user cannot get without samsung’s push notification as many users did not install flipkart app.

why is this happening only with samsung phones?

what happened to these users?no one replied in other conversations also if their phone was locked or if some company helped them

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

@LIMBO @getready @guest_999 @andromeda @Ash-D

paji suppose seller sold me a phone like this. it is a sealed box as users commented. i made my new account and log into it so how do flipkart know that the phone is being used?thru imei number? if imei number is involved then isn’t samsung also involved as users are getting messages on lockscreen which a user cannot get without samsung’s push notification as many users did not install flipkart app.

why is this happening only with samsung phones?

what happened to these users?no one replied in other conversations also if their phone was locked or if some company helped them

Yes samsung is involved I read an article where the author reached to samsung and Realme and they said they can read IMEI info and that’s used to lock phone.

Maybe it’s happening with samsung phones cause they have some costly and high demand models whose 30% will be higher hence bigger scam/profit.

PS : Seems these phones comes with pre-installed Flipkart app which can’t be uninstalled.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Yes samsung is involved I read an article where the author reached to samsung and Realme and they said they can read IMEI info and that’s used to lock phone.
Maybe it’s happening with samsung phones cause they have some costly models and wose 30% will be higher hence bigger scam/profit.

Main reason Samsung sell phones on loan in offline stores. They lock or control mobile based on app samsung finance plus pre-installed and we can’t uninstall it. The same method must be deployed while selling on flipkart.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

Main reason Samsung sell phones on loan in offline stores. They lock or control mobile based on app samsung finance plus pre-installed and we can’t uninstall it. The same method must be deployed while selling on flipkart.

Yeah seems it’s flipkart app itself in this case which can’t be uninstalled.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

@LIMBO @getready @guest_999 @andromeda @Ash-D

paji suppose seller sold me a phone like this. it is a sealed box as users commented. i made my new account and log into it so how do flipkart know that the phone is being used?thru imei number? if imei number is involved then isn’t samsung also involved as users are getting messages on lockscreen which a user cannot get without samsung’s push notification as many users did not install flipkart app.

why is this happening only with samsung phones?

what happened to these users?no one replied in other conversations also if their phone was locked or if some company helped them

With IMEI, only network service can be blocked

( Not sure about reliability but we can get it done by govt portal too CEIR )

These are phones sold under FK upgrade plan, so another system app by the manufacturer is used to lock devices on non-payment ( Samsung seems to already have a software for that, so the FK upgrade plan is only for samsung phones )

^^ Recently launched JioPhone also came with a pre-installed “Device-Lock” feature to remotely lock phones of payment defaulters

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

That’s why seller is important…

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Yeah seems it’s flipkart app itself in this case which can’t be uninstalled.

Flipkart app is just bloatware (stored under SYSTEM/system/priv-app)
Some other system service is doing this remote-locking (SYSTEM/system/app)


Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Flipkart app is just bloatware (stored under SYSTEM/system/priv-app)
Some other system service is doing this remote-locking (SYSTEM/system/app)


Root and delete it done grinning

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
ashu2kr960 wrote:

Root and delete it done grinning

Samsung has very tough security system in new and costly products  powered by knox. You can’t root or remove any system apps otherwise many have done it.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
ashu2kr960 wrote:

Root and delete it done grinning

Manufacturer would’ve already disabled developer options / OEM unlock / USB- debugging on these phones

So, even if there’s an unlock method for your phone, you won’t be able to do anything and with every boot phone gets locked via KNOX / Samsung Finance+

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@Ash-D @getready paji can these apps or services be stopped?so all samsung phones which one is buying under upgrade plan will have these restricitions? suppose one pays fully then these still remain there? what can these apps/services check?

iski yaad a gayi

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

@Ash-D @getready paji can these apps or services be stopped?so all samsung phones which one is buying under upgrade plan will have these restricitions? suppose one pays fully then these still remain there? what can these apps/services check?

iski yaad a gayi

These freebie devices seem to have too many restrictions compared to these upgrade plan devices ( using the same way to lock phones via KNOX enrollment service )
I haven’t got any devices via upgrade plan so can’t exactly say what’s happening but my guess is, FK shares the IMEI numbers of these upgrade plan devices with Samsung and as soon as the device gets connected to internet, the manufacturer imposes restrictions ( Unlike the govt freebies, these devices should be running same firmware as regular devices )

If you somehow manage to unlock the device bootloader / root it ( which i doubt in these cases ), then Knox service can be disabled/removed but these are more like work phones remote controlled by admins and gets auto-enrolled once the full payment is made ( I think this has been the same case with contract phones in US )

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

It’s similar to phones given in the Uttar Pradesh. They too can lock Samsung phones thru Knox

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

@Ash-D @getready paji can these apps or services be stopped?so all samsung phones which one is buying under upgrade plan will have these restricitions? suppose one pays fully then these still remain there? what can these apps/services check?

iski yaad a gayi

As @getready already explained the technicalities here not doubt it would not be very easy if not impossible to remove those things else company wouldn’t bring such offers at first place.

But I wonder why they don’t bring such things to protect our stolen phones 😜

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied

Flipkart Smart Upgrade Plan

Hi Abhishek,

Your Flipkart Smart Upgrade Plan is close to completion.

realme X7 5G (Nebula, 128 GB) [Order ID: OD221337580…….0]
Advance Availed: Rs. 6000
Upgrade Window: 24-Jan-2022 to 24-Apr-2022

You can choose one of the following:

Upgrade your mobile
Buy a new mobile and give back this mobile with that order. On successful upgrade, you need not repay the Rs. 6000 advance availed.
Keep your mobile
You can repay Rs. 6000 advance availed by 24-Apr-2022 to continue using your X7 5G. This amount will only be due if you do not upgrade within the mentioned window.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW OPTIONS

[Login with account on which order was placed]

If you do not upgrade & give back this mobile OR make the repayment, by 24-Apr-2022, your X7 5G will be locked as per agreed T&Cs.

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied

When I upgrade, why am I getting only Rs.100 as buy back value? The 30% advance benefit was already given on the first mobile – you have paid only 70% for the mobile you are currently using. Instead of paying back the 30% at the end of plan duration, you have an option to buy a new mobile (with or without Smart Upgrade) and mandatorily give back the old mobile. A nominal buy back value is offered here. On successful upgrade, you need not repay the 30% advance availed.



*They are only giving 100rs buyback offer for  realme X7 mobile

Whereas as cashify gives 11000

#flipkartFraud

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply