Fridge leaking water from top

90°
Entertainer
102
4489
95

Fridge is getting old. It randomly leaks MUCH water from the top (most probably from the 4 openings we see on the top). Any idea what can be done to resolve this issue?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/650392/medium/71482044hSIYBM.jpg?1605810941

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/650393/medium/7148204ppRrlam.jpg?1605810945

10 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
294
6877
72

Its time to swipe your Diners Black, not worth repairing

102
4489
95
caks2006407 wrote:

Its time to swipe your Diners Black, not worth repairing

Just now missed sweet Diwali Fridge deals on Flipkart. Now, have to wait 1 more year for sweet deals.

542
444
11

I have same problem in my samsung refrigerator, you need to keep cleaning it regularly and also give it some rest once a week….

6
15932
139
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Just now missed sweet Diwali Fridge deals on Flipkart. Now, have to wait 1 more year for sweet deals.

Why? Flipkart doesn’t give you latest models. Check with local stores. 🙂

50
43
1
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Any idea what can be done to resolve this issue?

The freezer drain is probably clogged. Normally water drips into the drain pan behind the refrigerator through a pipe, but when there is a clog, ice builds up inside the air vent of the freezer and water leaks into the refrigerator.

Simple fix really. See this –

221
4438
28

It is likely due to drain pipe getting blocked. Access the rear side and there will be a hidden pipe draining excess water, run a curtain spring or a rigid but flexible pipe to clean any dirt in the pipe. Or better call customer care or a repair technician

159
13735
31
andromeda wrote:

It is likely due to drain pipe getting blocked. Access the rear side and there will be a hidden pipe draining excess water, run a curtain spring or a rigid but flexible pipe to clean any dirt in the pipe. Or better call customer care or a repair technician

+🔥 Yes this appears the issue!
Same case sometimes happens with split ac also. 💦 drips since outlet pipe is clogged 🛑
CC @bftb check out one more 🏡 post from @Budhe-Baba 😝

58
812
3
Expand
pingpong wrote:

+🔥 Yes this appears the issue!
Same case sometimes happens with split ac also. 💦 drips since outlet pipe is clogged 🛑
CC @bftb check out one more 🏡 post from @Budhe-Baba 😝

+1

Yesterday only I was thinking about your previous comment “full range of gharelu problems” stuck_out_tongue

50
838
6

Post probably it is due to blockage in ice compartment.
all the ICE that gets defrost and any water is suppose to go down via pipe((if this gets blocked you start facing issue)) into evaporation area
Time to do some cleaning or replace

Missing