Funding issue in IDFC etc.

175°
suspended
62
1222
4

Hi,

My cousin is trying to fund his idfc account with his via sbi visa classic card but his payment is failing every time. He has tried every random amount but the payment is not going through https://www.sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/card.... He opened his account last year and got the card just before lockdown. Never used it at any online website/atm. Can this be the issue for this? Can this be corrected without visiting the branch?

- He used my referral to open his account. Now he will have to try using idfc’s link as he’s stuck on the funding page. Will I still be eligible for the cashback?

- If one open’s idfc account with 25kmab, can the same be later downgraded?

- They say first dc transaction online/offline upto 250 gv. On any website can this amount be used even to purchase gv’s? Upto 250 ka kitna dete hai?

- And when they say 1000 cashback on 20000 spend. Will gv count? And 20k spend in a month consolidated, right?

- Say one has a number 1234 linked with the aadhar and that number is used to open an account. Can we use some different number later to receive the otp etc.? If yes then how?

@DimeDime @akki.akki

Tagging dc expert @abhishek012 for the sbi query.

Thanks

31 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
62
1222
4

Trying to raise a complaint here https://cms.onlinesbi.co...S/# but the branch locator thing keeps on saying to enter correct characters. BC this is why sarkar should focus only on running the country. The babus have created such a pathetic website so that no complaints can be raised.

43
4833
13

For Debit cards RBI had issued a notice in 2020 Q1 if no e-commerce txn are made in 180days the card will be blocked
Ps. not sure of specifics mentioned above smile but definitely it was something similar to this

43
4833
13

1. If he clicked on your referal link and has started the Acc opening procedure even though its stucked , Still you will receive referal benefits provided that your cousin completes the process and funds it with MAB some day…
2. No clue about downgrading MAB for an online account.. If u think from Business perspective I would say NO! bcoz u used 3k advantage
3. Purchase gv from gyftr/amazon/wohooo all are eligible… Its 10% upto 250… So make sure your 1st txn is above 2500
4. Yes, the amount 20K is cumulative spends and yes you can purchase gv too
5. I opened my acc with Adhaar linked no. then changed it from Netbanking to Secondary no. If that’s what u are asking

78
481
2
billubakra wrote:

Trying to raise a complaint here https://cms.onlinesbi.co...S/# but the branch locator thing keeps on saying to enter correct characters. BC this is why sarkar should focus only on running the country. The babus have created such a pathetic website so that no complaints can be raised.

.

97
332
10

Can we close the account afterwards and get back the 25000 afterwards?

176
910
6
lokeshgr wrote:

Can we close the account afterwards and get back the 25000 afterwards?

u can simply transfer all the money out, and raise request for account closure.

62
1222
4
R0417 wrote:

For Debit cards RBI had issued a notice in 2020 Q1 if no e-commerce txn are made in 180days the card will be blocked
Ps. not sure of specifics mentioned above smile but definitely it was something similar to this

How to get it unblocked?

62
1222
4
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Check SBI DC’s ECOM/CNP status in SBI’s INB. It should be under eServices→ATM→Channel or something like that.
I am not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the funding using debit card method was blocked or wasn’t working for ICICI or HDFC issued debit cards. It could be related to this.

Not able to find that option. Tagging sbi account holders @guest_999 @andromeda
I funded mine using the same card.

62
1222
4
DimeDime wrote:

Opening an a/c with a non-Aadhaar linked mobile number is also possible.

I was asking about changing number right after opening the account.

62
1222
4
R0417 wrote:

1. If he clicked on your referal link and has started the Acc opening procedure even though its stucked , Still you will receive referal benefits provided that your cousin completes the process and funds it with MAB some day…
2. No clue about downgrading MAB for an online account.. If u think from Business perspective I would say NO! bcoz u used 3k advantage
3. Purchase gv from gyftr/amazon/wohooo all are eligible… Its 10% upto 250… So make sure your 1st txn is above 2500
4. Yes, the amount 20K is cumulative spends and yes you can purchase gv too
5. I opened my acc with Adhaar linked no. then changed it from Netbanking to Secondary no. If that’s what u are asking

Thanks
5. How to do that?

62
1222
4
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

u can simply transfer all the money out, and raise request for account closure.

No account closure charges within a year like other banks?

43
4833
13
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Thanks
5. How to do that?

Open IDFC NB app (not available on web)
1. Select More in the bottom menu
2. Select Instant services
3. You’ll find Change your mobile number there

How to get it unblocked?

Don’t know much about it… Never faced this situation

50
3731
45
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Not able to find that option. Tagging sbi account holders @guest_999 @andromeda
I funded mine using the same card.

Install sbi yono app(& hope it works). Click on 3 line/hamburger icon at top left corner & select service requests—atm/debit card. Enter profile password & then select manage card. There enable online domestic transactions & set a limit. From Oct last year I think, every new card issued by default is enabled only for physical pos & atm withdrawal, rest all options you have to enable to use.

62
1222
4

@guest_999
Thanks bro, it worked. Tried creating sbi rewardz account of the same but got this error https://imgur.com/a/M...UE Any help?

@R0417
How to port the account to new app/portal? I guess that option is in the new interface only. And idfc creates upi with the number mentioned in the aadhar. Once the number is changed in their interface. How much time do they take to update the upi?

KG+ to both of you.

Edit- Any idea how to downgrade account to 10kmab after getting vouchers? I called the cs from my number, they said it is not possible. And as per them charges for account closure within 14 days nil within 6 months 500+gst. I told them that one will take out all the balance. They had only 1 reply that your account will not get closed and bank will keep on charging you non maintenance charges and as per them it will impact the credit score too.

50
3731
45
billubakra wrote:

@guest_999
Thanks bro, it worked. Tried creating sbi rewardz account of the same but got this error https://imgur.com/a/M...UE Any help?

@R0417
How to port the account to new app/portal? I guess that option is in the new interface only. And idfc creates upi with the number mentioned in the aadhar. Once the number is changed in their interface. How much time do they take to update the upi?

KG+ to both of you.

Edit- Any idea how to downgrade account to 10kmab after getting vouchers? I called the cs from my number, they said it is not possible. And as per them charges for account closure within 14 days nil within 6 months 500+gst. I told them that one will take out all the balance. They had only 1 reply that your account will not get closed and bank will keep on charging you non maintenance charges and as per them it will impact the credit score too.

Try creating sbi rewardz acc by clicking within the yono app rewardz section(it will open rewarz site in browser) on a working day during working hours.

Bank can indeed keep charging but cibil score impact is not true unless the account is a current account. However you will certainly be placed in some internal blacklist of that bank so in future very little chance of availing any other service/feature from them. I suggest to do this only if you are sure to never need idfc bank services in future.

338
12196
128
billubakra wrote:

Trying to raise a complaint here https://cms.onlinesbi.co...S/# but the branch locator thing keeps on saying to enter correct characters. BC this is why sarkar should focus only on running the country. The babus have created such a pathetic website so that no complaints can be raised.

Billu bhai ask him to fund his account via netbanking.

43
4833
13
billubakra wrote:

@R0417
How to port the account to new app/portal? I guess that option is in the new interface only. And idfc creates upi with the number mentioned in the aadhar. Once the number is changed in their interface. How much time do they take to update the upi?

Download the new IDFC app… Enter details, if it works then you’re good to go…
If not, then you must be still in Queue…
After you change your number in IDFC app, it takes 48-72hrs to reflect this change in their banking system… Everything will be as it is Until u receive a msg Your request for mobile number change has been processed After this it’ll simultaneously change ur upi id to new no.

50
3731
45
Expand
R0417 wrote:

Download the new IDFC app… Enter details, if it works then you’re good to go…
If not, then you must be still in Queue…
After you change your number in IDFC app, it takes 48-72hrs to reflect this change in their banking system… Everything will be as it is Until u receive a msg Your request for mobile number change has been processed After this it’ll simultaneously change ur upi id to new no.

Is there a way to manage idfc credit card without shifting to new portal/app or only shift to either new portal or new app(I have read one comment on playstore, the guy requested to be shifted to new app & old app stopped working but then new app also didn’t work so he was left hanging in between with no app to use).

43
4833
13
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Is there a way to manage idfc credit card without shifting to new portal/app or only shift to either new portal or new app(I have read one comment on playstore, the guy requested to be shifted to new app & old app stopped working but then new app also didn’t work so he was left hanging in between with no app to use).

Nope, for now Credit card is supported by their new api only… and don’t worry it takes hardly 2 mins to shift to new version… and its 1 api for both app and web…. either old or new…

50
3731
45
Expand
R0417 wrote:

Nope, for now Credit card is supported by their new api only… and don’t worry it takes hardly 2 mins to shift to new version… and its 1 api for both app and web…. either old or new…

I didn’t know they were using same api, so does that mean their app is not so native compared to an app using a dedicated api for only android platform.

43
4833
13
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I didn’t know they were using same api, so does that mean their app is not so native compared to an app using a dedicated api for only android platform.

Dedicated api are very rare now as per my knowledge

62
1222
4

@R0417 @guest_999
Bros any way to shift to new version manually? No reply received from their side. Also does it make while doing tasks whether it’s the old version or the new one? And does full kyc matter? Please share link for the video kyc also? The link received in the sms is not opening.

Edit- How to register on whatsapp banking?
First online/offline debit card transaction & spend 20000 or more with dc. Will both of these be counted in one transaction? Also I am guessing swipe machine is also covered under this, right?

62
1222
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Try creating sbi rewardz acc by clicking within the yono app rewardz section(it will open rewarz site in browser) on a working day during working hours.

Bank can indeed keep charging but cibil score impact is not true unless the account is a current account. However you will certainly be placed in some internal blacklist of that bank so in future very little chance of availing any other service/feature from them. I suggest to do this only if you are sure to never need idfc bank services in future.

Where is the rewardz section in this app?

23
4841
40
billubakra wrote:

@guest_999
Thanks bro, it worked. Tried creating sbi rewardz account of the same but got this error https://imgur.com/a/M...UE Any help?

@R0417
How to port the account to new app/portal? I guess that option is in the new interface only. And idfc creates upi with the number mentioned in the aadhar. Once the number is changed in their interface. How much time do they take to update the upi?

KG+ to both of you.

Edit- Any idea how to downgrade account to 10kmab after getting vouchers? I called the cs from my number, they said it is not possible. And as per them charges for account closure within 14 days nil within 6 months 500+gst. I told them that one will take out all the balance. They had only 1 reply that your account will not get closed and bank will keep on charging you non maintenance charges and as per them it will impact the credit score too.

How are you guys funding your IDFC bank account with other bank debit card? Are you getting debit card rewards points for such transactions? If this is allowed, people will rotate funds from one bank account to another and earn rewards

62
1222
4
Expand
aam_aadmi wrote:

How are you guys funding your IDFC bank account with other bank debit card? Are you getting debit card rewards points for such transactions? If this is allowed, people will rotate funds from one bank account to another and earn rewards

Wait can we add money in this bank using a card after the initial funding? If yes then how?
Are other banks providing the same facility?

50
3731
45
Expand
aam_aadmi wrote:

How are you guys funding your IDFC bank account with other bank debit card? Are you getting debit card rewards points for such transactions? If this is allowed, people will rotate funds from one bank account to another and earn rewards

IDFC removed funding by debit card option long back after its usual misuse. Now only kotak 811 supports funding by debit card that too with many restrictions & many banks(especially sbi) debit cards don’t work as well with this(many transaction failures).
@billubakra

Missing