Poll: Do you agree that a Data Protection Law is must for India?
Poll has expired, here are the final results

Hot Deal Has Mobikwik suffered one of the biggest data breaches ever in India?

5588°
Deal Wiki
+
Deal Captain
100
8637
120

Hello,

I was just browsing casually when something really surprising caught my attention.

From multiple sources, it seems that Mobikwik has allegedly suffered the biggest data breach ever flushed flushed

The data breach leaks information like :-

1. Mobikwik Account Phone Numbers
2. Your full name
3. Your KYC documents like PAN & Aadhaar
4. E-mail addresses
5. Hashed passwords
6.Debit/Credit Card details
7.Your GPS location
8. Phone model details including IMEI
9. Other apps in your system.

Looks like Mobikwik hasn’t come up with any official clarification regarding this. If true this will be the biggest data breach ever and will be catastrophic confused


IMG-20210329-141532
Multiple sources have this news like:-

1.
https://mobile.twitter.com/XploitWizer/status/1...

2. https://www.databreaches.net/in-threat-actor-of...

3. https://mobile.twitter.com/fs0c131y/status/1376...

Please note that this is unverified as Mobikwik has not issued any official clarification and also this information is available on other public websites where it was originally posted and I also hope it’s not true however it certainly raises a question on Indian companies and if at all they are trying to safeguard our data.

A data protection law is must for India these days grin

Deal Wiki

Disclaimer :- Please note that this is unverified information. I’m not criticizing Mobikwik directly in any way. This post is just for awareness and discussion. I personally love Mobikwik offers very much. However by historical trends every company has refused to accept any data breach information at first instance. These information regarding the alleged breach are available publicly in websites with links given we are just discussing about it here

Check it out – detailed news

https://hindi.thequint.com/tech-and-auto/cyber-...

567 Comments  |  
170 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
1624
23
Expand
b4tm4n wrote:

…..
If this is some sort of revenge, then mobi***k is f***ked up. flushed

….Not only the company but also all people who are using their services.

0
898
22

2 transactions were attempted on my debit card at 12:05 & 12:09 am today and yes it was saved on mobid!ck otps were generated but account balance is almost nil so nothing happened beyond that …have disabled domestic online transactions for now wink

100
8637
120

Looks like now it’s confirmed Mobikwik data leak exposed everything including full card details wink

Seeing many complaints like this where people are trying to do transactions on compromised cards

107
1170
8
waterloo wrote:

2 transactions were attempted on my debit card at 12:05 & 12:09 am today and yes it was saved on mobid!ck otps were generated but account balance is almost nil so nothing happened beyond that …have disabled domestic online transactions for now wink

Did you check your data on that onion link by giving your mobile number liked to mdick?

141
1435
84
Expand
hsmhsm wrote:

You’re late ..game over.. hacker paid so he’s claiming he’s deleted everything but i bet it’ll reappear on dark web for sale again . Hacker will claim he was hacked stuck_out_tongue

Bole to loot over

7
17594
120
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

Did you check your data on that onion link by giving your mobile number liked to mdick?

+1 ??

102
4489
95
waterloo wrote:

2 transactions were attempted on my debit card at 12:05 & 12:09 am today and yes it was saved on mobid!ck otps were generated but account balance is almost nil so nothing happened beyond that …have disabled domestic online transactions for now wink

Please tweet aggressively tagging RBI, CERT and MOBIkwik.

0
898
22
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

Did you check your data on that onion link by giving your mobile number liked to mdick?

no i didn’t wink

also there were 2 more attempts in the afternoon today around 2:30 pm even with online transactions blocked

73
3851
48
Gaurav_G wrote:

Justice won’t prevail if Mobikwik isn’t fined sad

Saw in newspaper today that RBI will fine Mobikwik 5 lakh rs for data leak. Isn’t it very very less amount

50
20
0

Hey guys, are you guys have closed your mobikwik account or still using it?

100
8637
120
Expand
PabloEscobar wrote:

Saw in newspaper today that RBI will fine Mobikwik 5 lakh rs for data leak. Isn’t it very very less amount

Yes won’t make any difference for them wink

2,110
8744
84
Moderator
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

Yes won’t make any difference for them wink

That’s official (settlement) figure.. grin

70
2333
8
Expand
waterloo wrote:

no i didn’t wink

also there were 2 more attempts in the afternoon today around 2:30 pm even with online transactions blocked

Most of cards are international transactions blocked by default as per rbi order. Thats the only thing that is helping indians in this huge data leak.

Other wise…..

474
1693
11
Expand
waterloo wrote:

no i didn’t wink

also there were 2 more attempts in the afternoon today around 2:30 pm even with online transactions blocked

Your card details are roaming around India and are about to take off for a world tour. Block your cards permanently to stop their journey.

6
15932
139
waterloo wrote:

2 transactions were attempted on my debit card at 12:05 & 12:09 am today and yes it was saved on mobid!ck otps were generated but account balance is almost nil so nothing happened beyond that …have disabled domestic online transactions for now wink

Mobi-Dick/The Whale is a novel by Harman Melville 🐒🐒🐒 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob...ck

6
15932
139

I am glad that you guys are safe

16
615
8

Please dm the link to check

203
2469
135

dicky has apparently stopped posting on twitter, chuap raho sab shaant ho jayega

141
1435
84
Expand
PabloEscobar wrote:

Saw in newspaper today that RBI will fine Mobikwik 5 lakh rs for data leak. Isn’t it very very less amount

Kuchh paisa rbi politician ko bhi gaya hoga.

159
13735
31
Expand
malikcool wrote:

imobile -> Select Your Card -> Manage -> Manage Credit Limit.

Thanks and ✝️ Karma given for 3 💙💚💛 bro!

0
47109
408
Expand
saucap wrote:

10₹ hein wallet mein use kar lun? I keep only 10₹ for 10pe10 recharge

Used today. Got 10 cashback for next month 10 cashback

109
519
4
dipanshu8 wrote:

Hey guys, are you guys have closed your mobikwik account or still using it?

Closed 2 accounts. They closed almost after 5-6 days.

60
3739
14
Expand
peekaydeals wrote:

Closed 2 accounts. They closed almost after 5-6 days.

Do you think they deleted your data from their system too ?? laughing

109
519
4
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

Do you think they deleted your data from their system too ?? laughing

No, but atleast I will stop using and will not add any more new cards smile Not worth my time anymore with them.

20
18045
327
Moderator
Expand
peekaydeals wrote:

Closed 2 accounts. They closed almost after 5-6 days.

no use of closing accounts. They suspended my a/c way back in 2013. But i was able to find my data on the onion site.

70
2333
8
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

no use of closing accounts. They suspended my a/c way back in 2013. But i was able to find my data on the onion site.

In 3 to 5 years all cards becomes redundant as usually banks will issue new cards after 3 to 5 years.

20
18045
327
Moderator
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

In 3 to 5 years all cards becomes redundant as usually banks will issue new cards after 3 to 5 years.

I know that, i am not worried about my account details. I’ve even stooped usi g those email IDs long ago which popped up when i searched my phone no. On onion site. Ijust mean to say that if you close your accounts now and delete all your info., they will continue to store it

70
2333
8
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

I know that, i am not worried about my account details. I’ve even stooped usi g those email IDs long ago which popped up when i searched my phone no. On onion site. Ijust mean to say that if you close your accounts now and delete all your info., they will continue to store it

That is rule of rbi 😌

Financial institutions have to archive customer data. If needed they can retrieve 50 year back data also.

Missing