HDFC Classic Banking Query

207°
Avant Garde
NobiNobita
Respected Dimers! Recently I went to HDFC Bank to open a Savings Max account (25k MAB) mainly for getting the Platinum debit card. The sales executive offered me another option which is opening Speciale Gold account with 1L initial deposit. If I maintain 1 Lakh for 2 two months then, he can make it a zero balance account from the third month. I was not sure whether to trust him or not because in the website it is mentioned that a minimum of one lakh quarterly balance or 5 lakhs FD relationship is required for classic banking. He assured me that they can make it 0 bal account for customers who are willing to go with the initial deposit of 1 Lakh. Is it true? How can I believe him ? What precautions can I take in case I wish to proceed? Thanks! 
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Don't believe him. Or, tell him give that in writing.

Also, contact CC & ask if that's possible.

30 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Link Copied

Link Copied

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
One of the features of classic bank is waiver of fees for non maintenance of minimum balance. So you would not be charged for non maintenance of minimum balance in classic. Usually once upgraded to classic you would not be downgraded. Atleast it has not been the case with me. So if you are upgraded to classic banking the account would be sort of zero balance account.
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

You are lucky as that's not the norm.

"In case of change in account relationship/downgrade of account, the debit card annual charges shall be applicable from the date of change in relationship. The schedule of charges is subject to change from time to time and the customer is requested to visit the website www.hdfcba...om for further information. The customer further agrees and gives its express consent that, in case of a change in account relationship at any point in time, the Bank reserves the unconditional right to levy appropriate charges as applicable for the Debit Card variant on pro rata basis for the period from the date of change in account relationship till the next billing date, as may be applicable."

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/high-net...

@NobiNobita

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

May Be True , My Father Has 25k Account... After A Long Time He Went To The Bank And Asked For 5k Avg Balance Conversion And Gave Form. After 2 Days Checked In Internet Banking , Showing Monthly Balance Required Is ZERO.

While My Mother Accounts Showing 5000 Monthly Balance Required.

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied
Metro/urban/rural branch?
View 5 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

He is right if you can open classic account directly through initial payment.

Even though there is 1 lack mab for classic account non maintenance charges are waived off and platinum debit card is free too

I have a classic account with hdfc for 7 years.and during my college days I have never maintained mab and there was no downgrade or charges levied 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
What is advantage of platinum debit card ?
Right now I am using rupay platinum card and using to pay bill via amazon friday offer
Is rupay better or platinum ?
View 1 more reply
Savings Mentor Savings Mentor
Link Copied

Get it in writing or on email, then you can get it otherwise forget it and go for regular SavingsMax

Critic Critic
Link Copied
No bank official will such a thing in writing but practically it works in most cases unless you have a very bad luck.
View 2 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Dont worry about classic banking downgrade

just put some FD even 5k is fine as far as i know:) but 25k is better, so as long as you have 25k FD they wont easily downgrade

why? 

because your TRV is 25k minimum thats what they want I think:) as max account is 25k with all features of classic except 0 balance, so if you can maintain 25k FD then your classic account features wont be downgraded as far as I faced with this HDFC classic banking:)

when downgrade email came i just put 5k FD and just left it as it is and still now no downgrade happened:)

but now eventually i maintain around 50k TRV now

20k in 2 HDFC account and 30k as FD+RD at this moment (maybe thats why too)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I am currently using HDFC Savings Max account so I am maintaining 25k+ MAB to make Plat ES DC fee waived off. And for last few months my account upgraded to Preferred variant. Now my question is do I need to still maintain 25k MAB to have LTF Plat ES DC? Because for preferred variant account, by default there are no charges for DC right? The reason I don't want to maintain 25k+ is or book any FD, due to my salary, I fall into last tax slab so I don't wanna end up paying more taxes on the savings account interest annually so planning to reduce as much balance as I can on my account

Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied
Yes bro for Classic, Preferred or Imperia Banking customers the penalty for non maintenance of MAB is completely waived off. All debit cards are free under Preferred.
View 8 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply