Hot Deal

HDFC debit card charging ₹885 annually, how to change card ?

1390°
Deal Subedar
kool
Hi guys, Recently I opened a new saving account in HDFC, just for online shopping offer (i.e flipkartl/amazon for 10% off). I use this account when there is some offer is going on. I keep limited amount like ₹20k . Yesterday I saw in statement that they have deducted ₹885 for Visa platinum debit cum ATM card. This is a huge amount, and want to change my platinum card to some cheap card. Can anybody tell me how to change debit card types ???? Also I have checked that there is a cheapest HDFC card is Rupay based which charges ₹150-200 annually. Can I use this RUPAY HDFC card for Flipkart/amazon offer in future or they need only Master/Visa types ? Plz clear my all doubts.
42 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Either upgrade to saving max account or change your card to basic card

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Use the same card till next year as fees is paid already and non refundable.
After 11 months block this card and apply for new card from net banking.
Do not forget to place reminder for next year.

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Issue HDFC RuPay debit card, All HDFC Flipkart/Amazon/Snapdeal/Bookmyshow/smartbuy etc offers valid on HDFC RuPay debit cards too.

HDFC also launch 2 new Higher variant of RuPay debit card for Premium customers.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hey @kool from where u opened this account mean to say from some bank employee or online. If you opened this account through hdfc employee then u ask that employee to refund those charges, he can easily refund u r charges. I too have hdfc bank account for same reason as u and u r surprised to know that i never paid any charges even sms alerts charges. For your ready reference here a screen shot of the same. https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/586278/original/IMG_20190922_014310.jpg?1569096834

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Great

View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Change into Rupay card

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Already keeping 20k better upgrade to max account by keeping 25k. Better credit card upgrade chances too.

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Do they debit the charges at the end of the financial year or at the start? Because i opened an account last year in June and wasn’t charged anything for an entire year but in Jun 2019 I’ve been charged 590. Are these charges for the previous year or for the year ahead?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

for the year ahead

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Why will they refund debit card charges?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

well … to keep you as a customer .. to get more deposits from you .. to offer more loan to you and earn more income in the way of interest …

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

can anyone say what are the real benefits involved in savings max and how can i upgrade online

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Hdfc is the worst in this regard. Unlike sbi and ICICI, you cannot upgrade account type online. Have to visit branch.

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have been charged 500+90 for cc overlimit , is it possible to get this amt reversed ? @aashish1593

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

yes 99% chance to reverse

call or mail them and request them to reverse

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Anybody who opened account got times point debit card?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My account was opened under Digi save youth account and she said that I will not be charged for debit card. Though, I checked the fees of times point debit card and it was 650+gst

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I newly opened icici savings account & I don’t want icici debit card as i have icici credit card!!! Can we skip!!! Is it must ??? But problm is its dispatched !! Now what ??

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Use for a year then block the card. But you can’t use NetBanking without debit card.

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hey @aashish1593 can you share the original screenshot. I show it to bank employee for refund they want to see the original screenshot.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

How to contact HDFC CC for fee query? On calling customer care they say only emergency services due to Covid.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Call concierge helpline. Ask a silly question about concierge service, then quickly ask your query !

replyuser
Click here to reply