Help : Battery replacement in JTVS upiter

101°
Deal Subedar
titamazon

BRO,

I had purchased tvs jupiter in April 2019 and within 2 year its battery gets dead. Now i need to replace battery because kick start is very embarrassing in front of ladies wink.

My query is whats the battery warranty duration if it come along with vehicle ? ( I had tried to get these answer from service centre but as per them i need to contact Batter OEM which is EXIDE, and when i tried with exide cc they need battery serial number laughing )

Also i have purchase (0 depreciation ) insurance, will battery cover under insurance or not ?

And at last if Battery will not cover under OEM warranty or insurance then which battery should i buy ? Exide/Tata/Amaron DRY/Liquid 5A/4A Online/Offline?

Info : I travel only on weekdays for 5 KM Home to office and Office to home only, so on weekend/leave(max 2 week) my vehicle stands in idle state only.

Thx in advance

18 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hi,
I will try to help you as much as I can since I work in this segment only. First of all, When you purchase any vehicle don’t forget to take warranty card of battery from the dealer along with other documents of purchase. It helps us identify the time period of warranty provided by company on battery and also facilitates easy replacement and claim process. Now If you want to buy new battery you can go for Exide Xplore model which comes with 4 years warranty (2 yrs free replacement and 2 yrs on pro rata basis). I will suggest you to buy physically from a dealer located near your area since it will provide you easy assistance in case you face any issue in terms of warranty of your battery. One more suggestion, when your vehicle is idle for 2-3 days like on weekends, start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Dealkadragon wrote:

Hi,
I will try to help you as much as I can since I work in this segment only. First of all, When you purchase any vehicle don’t forget to take warranty card of battery from the dealer along with other documents of purchase. It helps us identify the time period of warranty provided by company on battery and also facilitates easy replacement and claim process. Now If you want to buy new battery you can go for Exide Xplore model which comes with 4 years warranty (2 yrs free replacement and 2 yrs on pro rata basis). I will suggest you to buy physically from a dealer located near your area since it will provide you easy assistance in case you face any issue in terms of warranty of your battery. One more suggestion, when your vehicle is idle for 2-3 days like on weekends, start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life.

Thx bro, but i got only owner book/user manual only and also the dealer has closed his shop sad so i dont have warranty card and dont know the validity.

Kg for pro tip.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Check if the issue is because of battery only. Is your horn working ?

Sometime its because of the carbon deposited on battery connectors also. Try clearing that first.

I recently got battery changed. For jupiter after 4+ years. @ 1200 .

Other option is you can try to get the battery charged once and try before getting it replaced.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Thx bro, but i got only owner book/user manual only and also the dealer has closed his shop sad so i dont have warranty card and dont know the validity.

Kg for pro tip.

You can go to any local mechanic and give him 10-20 rupees. He will take your battery out and you can see battery serial number written on it. Provide that to exide cc and see if they can help. Otherwise you need to buy a new battery

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Check if the issue is because of battery only. Is your horn working ?

Sometime its because of the carbon deposited on battery connectors also. Try clearing that first.

I recently got battery changed. For jupiter after 4+ years. @ 1200 .

Other option is you can try to get the battery charged once and try before getting it replaced.

Yesterday i have submitted my bike to service center for battery issue. Once i went to collect they told me he has charged for 5 hour but now its totally dead only.

Now since its dead so i need to get new battery but before that i though to know whats d policy for company fitted battery warranty.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Yesterday i have submitted my bike to service center for battery issue. Once i went to collect they told me he has charged for 5 hour but now its totally dead only.

Now since its dead so i need to get new battery but before that i though to know whats d policy for company fitted battery warranty.

Better talk to manf’s customer care and ask them on the policy. Or approach another dealer near by and check with them.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Ladies dont care if you kick start or self start smiling_imp

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Ladies dont care if you kick start or self start smiling_imp

Ladies sochti hai dekhte ye naya dikhne wala scooter ko aise kyun start kar raha.

Kisi din puchh di to kya bolunga .

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Ladies sochti hai dekhte ye naya dikhne wala scooter ko aise kyun start kar raha.

Kisi din puchh di to kya bolunga .

Bol diyo kick ke liye sunglasses🤣

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Update : i went to another dealer and as per advisor battery comes with 1 year warranty.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Dealkadragon wrote:

Hi,
I will try to help you as much as I can since I work in this segment only. First of all, When you purchase any vehicle don’t forget to take warranty card of battery from the dealer along with other documents of purchase. It helps us identify the time period of warranty provided by company on battery and also facilitates easy replacement and claim process. Now If you want to buy new battery you can go for Exide Xplore model which comes with 4 years warranty (2 yrs free replacement and 2 yrs on pro rata basis). I will suggest you to buy physically from a dealer located near your area since it will provide you easy assistance in case you face any issue in terms of warranty of your battery. One more suggestion, when your vehicle is idle for 2-3 days like on weekends, start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life.

start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life. – This is what i am being doing from March’2020 (Once in a week or in 10 days) laughing stuck_out_tongue

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life. – This is what i am being doing from March’2020 (Once in a week or 10 days) laughing stuck_out_tongue

Great.. ok_hand stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye🤣

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Dealkadragon wrote:

Hi,
I will try to help you as much as I can since I work in this segment only. First of all, When you purchase any vehicle don’t forget to take warranty card of battery from the dealer along with other documents of purchase. It helps us identify the time period of warranty provided by company on battery and also facilitates easy replacement and claim process. Now If you want to buy new battery you can go for Exide Xplore model which comes with 4 years warranty (2 yrs free replacement and 2 yrs on pro rata basis). I will suggest you to buy physically from a dealer located near your area since it will provide you easy assistance in case you face any issue in terms of warranty of your battery. One more suggestion, when your vehicle is idle for 2-3 days like on weekends, start your vehicle on Monday morning first time by kick and then you can use self whole day. This is because battery gets discharged when in idle position but gets charged when we drive few kms. This improves battery life.

On lighter note…should I push start my car after keeping it ideal for 3-4 days…or somewhere I can get a kick fit… Really want to improve my cars battery life…😉😂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

On lighter note…should I push start my car after keeping it ideal for 3-4 days…or somewhere I can get a kick fit… Really want to improve my cars battery life…😉😂

You should hire 2-3 men for morning time to push your car a few feet then start it in gear.. This will improve your car battery life stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye joy

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Dont think need to buy new one, u just long rides of 40-50kms or more if possible for couple of times in month

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Dealkadragon wrote:

You should hire 2-3 men for morning time to push your car a few feet then start it in gear.. This will improve your car battery life stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye joy

1 person from front and 1 person from back side push is enough stuck_out_tongue

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Harish.agarwal wrote:

So what did u buy excide or amaron?

Finnally i bought from exide [email protected] ( after surrender my old battery worth for 50 rupee).

In another local shop normal price is 1250 but he didnt has stock, and wait duration is 10 days atlease , so i paid 200 extra and get it replace from exide dealer itself.

Missing