Help to decide buy a premium mobile during BBD days

37°
Missing
Deal Cadet
84
340
9

Dear dimers,

Require your help in deciding to buy a premium mobile during the BBD days as the offer is very lucrative.i have decided to go with Samsung note 10+ against the Samsung s20+. Between the 2 kindly help to decide keeping in the mind the 70% payment offer initially till one year and either upgrade to may b the next note 20+(my choice) or any other better phone.
Preferring note series due to spen business features and dex with usb c to hdmi cable options. Not into gaming(prefer larger screen).Main criteria would be good battery backup. Have seen a few youtube videos battery backup of note 10+ ,not very satisfying but not much option.
Kindly share your valuable input to decide even if other mobile.
P.s – currently using note 9(512gb version) and is already showing aging backup…literally charging twice a day even on fhd+ resolution with cpu capped at 70% and other things off.

Thanks in advance

9 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
64
155
1

Better buy Iphone 11 or wait for 12

Missing
Deal Cadet
94
173
2

Exynos processor sucks !
You are already using note 9 so I assume you know about the heating issue on heavy usage on exynos processor.
Apart from heating issue and poor battery life everything is better in Samsung (specially display)
All I can suggest is wait for the price reveal of iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11
And then decide accordingly

Missing
Deal Captain
246
9199
104

Exynos processor is plain terrible so far and that’s a known fact. It’s way inferior compared to SnapDragon versions in terms of battery life, performance and thermal throttling.

So either of the devices you are considering wouldn’t be good. If you are keen on Android then why not consider OnePlus 8 Pro? Or if you are ok with iOS then do consider the iPhone 11 or wait for the deal reveal on 11 Pro and decide accordingly.

Missing
Deal Cadet
84
340
9
raghupro wrote:

Exynos processor is plain terrible so far and that’s a known fact. It’s way inferior compared to SnapDragon versions in terms of battery life, performance and thermal throttling.

So either of the devices you are considering wouldn’t be good. If you are keen on Android then why not consider OnePlus 8 Pro? Or if you are ok with iOS then do consider the iPhone 11 or wait for the deal reveal on 11 Pro and decide accordingly.

Spen along with dex features are the 2 main important factors to consider plus the excellent curved amoled screen.
Op8(costing 60k for same specs except processor) doesn’t have these along with tap/slide to reach/operate with one thumb/hand.
Already have a iPhone 5s(mainly for money transactions and security) as secondary phone and iPhone never add much value/features even the with latest to the oldest except the plain operatability and camera which I can compensate with second android(note 10+) phone

Missing
Deal Cadet
84
340
9
ritikjain56 wrote:

Exynos processor sucks !
You are already using note 9 so I assume you know about the heating issue on heavy usage on exynos processor.
Apart from heating issue and poor battery life everything is better in Samsung (specially display)
All I can suggest is wait for the price reveal of iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11
And then decide accordingly

True the features except the heating and battery life takes over all the aspects compared to plain iPhone each year upgrade of just cameras and processors…I would still settle with a iPhone se first generation due to its one hand operatability and ease of use as ios 14 update is even applicable to this 5 yr old phone….

Missing
Deal Cadet
94
173
2
Expand
edges wrote:

True the features except the heating and battery life takes over all the aspects compared to plain iPhone each year upgrade of just cameras and processors…I would still settle with a iPhone se first generation due to its one hand operatability and ease of use as ios 14 update is even applicable to this 5 yr old phone….

Yeah iPhones last much longer than usual android devices !
One more suggestion : Don’t prefer oneplus even after delighting specs as there after sale service sucks.

Missing
Analyst
136
3908
40

There is not much of a choice if u think, as things u want are mostly in note 10+!
Battery life is somewhat similar in both, not much of an issue!
Processor of note 10+ is better comparatively, and it heats lessor than s20+!
Only selling point for s20+ for me is 120hz screen and better camera! Else go for note 10+

Missing
Deal Cadet
84
340
9
Awake wrote:

There is not much of a choice if u think, as things u want are mostly in note 10+!
Battery life is somewhat similar in both, not much of an issue!
Processor of note 10+ is better comparatively, and it heats lessor than s20+!
Only selling point for s20+ for me is 120hz screen and better camera! Else go for note 10+

Note 10+ screen is just 60hz ? Or 90 hz? havnt Read it any where else

Missing
Analyst
136
3908
40
Expand
edges wrote:

Note 10+ screen is just 60hz ? Or 90 hz? havnt Read it any where else

60hz! Only the Samsung’s latest series has 120hz
Oneplus has 90hz!

Missing