Hi, let’s say I have earned interest of Rs. 10,000 from FD in a financial year

Deal Captain

Hi, let’s say I have earned interest of Rs. 10,000 from FD in a financial year. If I have taken Loan against FD and paid Rs. 1000 interest on that, can it be adjusted against the earned interest so that the final taxable amount comes out to be Rs. 9000?

We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Depend on for what have you taken the loan against FD

If its personal loan then no, if any other loan line education loan,etc then yes you can adjust it according to your states tax law

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

you forgot to mention about your applicable category (salaried/business/huf etc.)

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Hey guys need some clarification

I have 4lakhs worth of fds and nsc in post officr

And also I am maintaining 2.9lakh worth of fd of small to big tenure in au bank

I just checked my ais and got to know that post office has deducted TDS of 10000 something in previous financial years

I want to know how can I avoid it

Also many of my banks have not reported anything yet including au bank

I know form 15g need to be filled but I am confused on how to fill this and when

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

Form 15G/H needs to be submitted beginning new financial year ie April

For banks they have online submission check website and app

View 5 more replies
Click here to reply