HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK vs HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF - DDR 4 - 2666 MHz - What's the difference?

118°
Deal Cadet
Arjan_Velly_...

Are HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK and HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF compatible with each other for dual-channel mode?

Both are 2666MHz 8GB DDR4 laptop RAM sticks. I know they'll work with each other but would like to know if they'll work in Dual channel mode? I asked Hynix too via email, lol, but obviously didn't receive any reply and there's no information on the internet.

I am not too tech aware so need some inputs from the tech-aware please.

This one HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF is around 500/- cheaper than HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK.

Does any Dimer have any information on these please?

Thank you.

Top Comments
Generous Generous
Link Copied

HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK is a single rank module with theoretically will be faster than HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF and there are real world tests too. So even if the difference is not much and if your budget allows go for VK.

Single Rank vs Dual Rank RAM: Differences & Performance Impact (cgdirector.com)

Other than that, they will work with each other for dual channel mode, the only thing to keep in mind is if you mix and match speed, your dual channel performance will be limited by the slower stick speed. So if you put 1 TF and one VK stick, TF will be what defines your dual channel performance. (the performance diff will not be that much in normal use)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

That's exactly what I wanted to know; will be getting the HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF stick.

Thank you bhai!

Edit: I don't want any hassles afterwards so have ordered the one matching the stick in my system as per your suggestion, the GMA81xxxx one. . 

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@Arjan_Velly_Inder_1990 It will work, it's very rare for ram sticks to have issues until you are using very cheap local rams.
I have 1 8gb 2400 and 1 8gb 2666 brought 7 years apart working together in dual channel mode at 2400 speed on my server without issues.
11 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK is a single rank module with theoretically will be faster than HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF and there are real world tests too. So even if the difference is not much and if your budget allows go for VK.

Single Rank vs Dual Rank RAM: Differences & Performance Impact (cgdirector.com)

Other than that, they will work with each other for dual channel mode, the only thing to keep in mind is if you mix and match speed, your dual channel performance will be limited by the slower stick speed. So if you put 1 TF and one VK stick, TF will be what defines your dual channel performance. (the performance diff will not be that much in normal use)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

That's exactly what I wanted to know; will be getting the HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF stick.

Thank you bhai!

Edit: I don't want any hassles afterwards so have ordered the one matching the stick in my system as per your suggestion, the GMA81xxxx one. . 

View 3 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

suggest you to look for ddr5

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
My computer supports only DDR4 memory bhai.
View 4 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply