horrible experience with ICICI Bank

171°
Deal Newbie
DesiLokesh

Hi,

I have opened icici insta save mine account yesterday evening with video kyc and got email and SMS that account is opened successfully.

But now I don’t know how can I access this account?

I have userid and account number which they sent through email.

When I try to generate password for internet banking, there is an error that “phone number is not linked with this userid”.

I tried log in from iMobile but when I register from my number the system only detects the amazon pay icici card. And I tried linking savings account to this userid which has amazon pay credit card, but there is an error that first I need to add email address to this account. Which is already added because I receive statement on that email address.

I can’t talk to their customer care (1860 120 7777) because It is not toll free. I recharged 10 rs but that talktime was finished in just under 2 minutes. Does anyone know their toll free number?

22 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Wait a couple of days – the mobile will be linked to the account in the background.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Wait for a day or two.
The process may take a bit more long if you had pockets account with them.
ICICI Mine is generally a very good savings account.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Try calling using a Jio number. There are no charges on these numbers

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

wait couple of days, it takes time to update information in their system.

Chennai
044 33667777

Kolkata
033 33667777

Mumbai
022 33667777

Delhi
011 33667777

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I had the same problem when I opened account online with ICICI. I was able to login internet banking but not with iMobile. I was getting error like mobile number linked with user ID. When I call CC they told youe internet banking not enabled. Go branch & request offline for activation internet banking. I went my home branch & told them them the issue. They checked with their which they found everything is fine & told me to call Customer Care as everything is fine from their end. I was like kya bakwas hai ye bolte cc me call kro cc carw wale bolte hai branch jao. What the fu**k.
Again this time I called the CC angrily, thank god this time knowledgeable person was talking. He told me this issue occur when you have been already using ICICI service like pocket app or credit card. The issue is user ID & mobile banking has not been properly mapped with server. He transfered my mobile number to iMobile team & he immediately understood the issue.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

I had the same problem when I opened account online with ICICI. I was able to login internet banking but not with iMobile. I was getting error like mobile number linked with user ID. When I call CC they told youe internet banking not enabled. Go branch & request offline for activation internet banking. I went my home branch & told them them the issue. They checked with their which they found everything is fine & told me to call Customer Care as everything is fine from their end. I was like kya bakwas hai ye bolte cc me call kro cc carw wale bolte hai branch jao. What the fu**k.
Again this time I called the CC angrily, thank god this time knowledgeable person was talking. He told me this issue occur when you have been already using ICICI service like pocket app or credit card. The issue is user ID & mobile banking has not been properly mapped with server. He transfered my mobile number to iMobile team & he immediately understood the issue.

Took complain & told me to wait for 72 hours. This my problem was resolved. Just call ICICI landline mobile number 04071403333 & told the stupid customer care guy to transfer your call to Imobile team. Your issue will be resolved. I am surprised ICICI Bank has not yet resolved this issue yet.
Ping me back if you need further help related to this issue.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Wait 3-4 days

Everything will be updated properly in the system

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

same happened with my brother’s salary account. just wait for 4-5 days. by the time debit card arrives(if you applied for personalized one) the other things get automatically activated. they say everything is activated within 24 hours but that is false.

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied

You can’t do anything….same horrible experience I’m facing with them….
I opened ICICI Insta Mine Saving Account because ICICI is the first Bank which approved my credit card with limit 1.30 lakh without any documents/verification.
Calling multiple times them regarding mobile no link with my account but nothing happened & they force to visit Bank visit.
Luckily after Debit card pin generated my account linked with my credit card user ID & password but 5 days ago I complaint them that I’m not able to login pockets…they delink my account from CC user id.
Now I am not able to use iMobile app & need to login at website, for CC details I need to use CC user ID & for account info I need to login via Account linked user ID.
Multiple relationship with them…3 different FD Accounts of amount 65k & maintain 50k in Saving account, pockets account and CC.
Although ICICI Bank is the best Bank but this type issue Must be fixed.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ZNZ wrote:

Wait for a day or two.
The process may take a bit more long if you had pockets account with them.
ICICI Mine is generally a very good savings account.

Do we need to open ICICI MINE account via same phone number whuch is linked with aadhaar ? While opening getting error , showing mobile number not matched with aadhaar.

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

This is NOT horrible exp, just call customer care , else after few days u will get debit card and thru it make your internet banking , else just go to any nearby icici bank branch for help

just overexagettering thing in a negative way wont give you immediate attention, the way you are describing it i thought many bad things happened to you by ICICI cry

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
Expand
Watcher wrote:

Do we need to open ICICI MINE account via same phone number whuch is linked with aadhaar ? While opening getting error , showing mobile number not matched with aadhaar.

Ya! We can open account only via Aadhaar linked mobile number.

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

This is NOT horrible exp, just call customer care , else after few days u will get debit card and thru it make your internet banking , else just go to any nearby icici bank branch for help

just overexagettering thing in a negative way wont give you immediate attention, the way you are describing it i thought many bad things happened to you by ICICI cry

Bro! Now ICICI Bank Is The My Most Favourite Bank…. I moved from BOB, SBI to ICICI Bank… Nothing Bad Things Happened with me By ICICI…. everything is fine Now but it’s irritated me first time because Branch situated Nearly 35 KM & Only for this type issue I can’t visit Branch….. They very well-known that I opened this Account so definately I will use this account but this type issue can’t tolerate that Mobile not linked with user ID for security reasons.

“Or waise bhi Bro jis bank ke sath 15 years se account ho or wo hame unsecured cc issue nhi kara sakta unke sath relationship rakhne se acha h jo hame bina jane CC jari kar de unke sath relationship badaye”

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Did you receive any sms like " your Mobile number has been updated " or " Your email address has been updated" or something similar from ICICI ?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If you have earlier relation with ICICI like pockets account then you’ll face this issue.
lol Looks like they haven’t resolved it since long, I have faced this issue in 2018.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Faced this shit on Saturday. I have Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card as well as ICICI Pockets prepaid account. After opening “Insta Save” account online, it failed to map my mobile number to that account and won’t let me login, sign up for netbanking/create user ID or generate password. iMobile doesn’t show any bank account, only cc and Pockets. They even demanded ₹20K as initial funding for the Insta Save account which I transferred.

Called ICICI customer care and they confirmed it was due to credit card and/or Pockets account. They said it will take 24-48 hours for someone to add mobile number to same user ID so that bank account will get mapped to that same user ID.

Anyway the support person also said that it was showing as regular savings account even though I had opened insta save account, and that there was no Insta Save FD option that she could see. She further said (maybe she was clueless?) that even if I go to nearest ICICI branch, they won’t be able to convert it to Insta Save FD account (wouldn’t say WHY).

Insta Save FD account is why I tried to open it online in the first place so I could get RuPay Platinum DC on the savings account. I already have Amazon Pay ICICI CC, if they can’t offer me insta save FD, I’ll close this account immediately and transfer my 20K to my other savings accounts which have sweep transaction on and give far higher interest rate than FD.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
some1anywhere964 wrote:

Faced this shit on Saturday. I have Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card as well as ICICI Pockets prepaid account. After opening “Insta Save” account online, it failed to map my mobile number to that account and won’t let me login, sign up for netbanking/create user ID or generate password. iMobile doesn’t show any bank account, only cc and Pockets. They even demanded ₹20K as initial funding for the Insta Save account which I transferred.

Called ICICI customer care and they confirmed it was due to credit card and/or Pockets account. They said it will take 24-48 hours for someone to add mobile number to same user ID so that bank account will get mapped to that same user ID.

Anyway the support person also said that it was showing as regular savings account even though I had opened insta save account, and that there was no Insta Save FD option that she could see. She further said (maybe she was clueless?) that even if I go to nearest ICICI branch, they won’t be able to convert it to Insta Save FD account (wouldn’t say WHY).

Insta Save FD account is why I tried to open it online in the first place so I could get RuPay Platinum DC on the savings account. I already have Amazon Pay ICICI CC, if they can’t offer me insta save FD, I’ll close this account immediately and transfer my 20K to my other savings accounts which have sweep transaction on and give far higher interest rate than FD.

Icici has discontinued insta save fd, the account insta save is different and regular account. All account details take 48 hours to update after opening so its normal. You should have checked before opening

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
some1anywhere964 wrote:

Faced this shit on Saturday. I have Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card as well as ICICI Pockets prepaid account. After opening “Insta Save” account online, it failed to map my mobile number to that account and won’t let me login, sign up for netbanking/create user ID or generate password. iMobile doesn’t show any bank account, only cc and Pockets. They even demanded ₹20K as initial funding for the Insta Save account which I transferred.

Called ICICI customer care and they confirmed it was due to credit card and/or Pockets account. They said it will take 24-48 hours for someone to add mobile number to same user ID so that bank account will get mapped to that same user ID.

Anyway the support person also said that it was showing as regular savings account even though I had opened insta save account, and that there was no Insta Save FD option that she could see. She further said (maybe she was clueless?) that even if I go to nearest ICICI branch, they won’t be able to convert it to Insta Save FD account (wouldn’t say WHY).

Insta Save FD account is why I tried to open it online in the first place so I could get RuPay Platinum DC on the savings account. I already have Amazon Pay ICICI CC, if they can’t offer me insta save FD, I’ll close this account immediately and transfer my 20K to my other savings accounts which have sweep transaction on and give far higher interest rate than FD.

You will have to pay Account closure charge, if you closed within 6 months(standard in most of the bank).

One more thing, You can’t convert regular (if first created) to insta saving account in any of the categories. So yeah she is giving you the correct information.

Insta saving account moto is to create digital account without visiting branch. As soon as it gets converted into regular or opened as regular account,no one can convert back it to Insta account.

Although it might be possible that your account is Insta only, and it showing as regular due to some bug. Wait for mobile number to get linked, things will only clear by then.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
bohemian wrote:

Icici has discontinued insta save fd, the account insta save is different and regular account. All account details take 48 hours to update after opening so its normal. You should have checked before opening

Checked where exactly? On desidime? The thing is there are so many threads about so many banks that unless we face that specific issue, it is hard to find this out in advance. ICICI’s website still advertises Insta Save FD btw and doesn’t mention also that if you have a cc or Pockets, Insta account takes time to be active. Their marketing is interested in advertising the 4-min account creation time. 😄

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
bhopali91355 wrote:

You will have to pay Account closure charge, if you closed within 6 months(standard in most of the bank).

One more thing, You can’t convert regular (if first created) to insta saving account in any of the categories. So yeah she is giving you the correct information.

Insta saving account moto is to create digital account without visiting branch. As soon as it gets converted into regular or opened as regular account,no one can convert back it to Insta account.

Although it might be possible that your account is Insta only, and it showing as regular due to some bug. Wait for mobile number to get linked, things will only clear by then.

Yes thanks for this word of caution 😊 I asked them yesterday only about account closing charges when they told me it would take 24-48 hours. The lady said there are no charges if account is closed within 30 days (this is again inconsistent – some ICICI bank pages say no charges only up to 14 days).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

You are lucky.


i opened my Gold privilege banking salaried account in 2012. They updated complete KYC with wrong information except my name. Could not even withdraw my money.

I had to do complete KYC after that. I have stopped using the account ever since. Unprofessionalism reeks in the organization, starting with their chief promoter Chanda Kochhar .

Critic Critic
Link Copied

RBI free look window is for 14 days only beyond which closure charges can be recovered. 

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply