How to book a kid's air ticket online

128°
Community Angel
315
3088
110

I need to link a kid in my already booked ticket how can I buy a ticket for him online,
No airlines websites has option to book children separately,
Can I book a child as an adult? any problem?
Please share your experience guys

Suppose if I have two Flipkart 1k off coupons
I need to pay 1000 more if I book kids ticket together

Experienced flyers please enlighten us

20 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
52
167
3

Last time i booked ticket for my nephew through air india customer care by providing my existing pnr. They linked kids ticket to my pnr. I was not able to avail any offer for that ticket.

110
463
28

if the kid is less than 2 years then call the airline customer care & inform about the child travel with you. they will make a note & charge you 50% ticket cost while boarding.

if greater then 2 years then you cant to anything. because kid ticket needs to be booked along with adult ticket. and kid above 2 years will be given a seat. below 2 years will not be given a seat & has to sit on your lap.

315
3088
110
pentiumd wrote:

if the kid is less than 2 years then call the airline customer care & inform about the child travel with you. they will make a note & charge you 50% ticket cost while boarding.

if greater then 2 years then you cant to anything. because kid ticket needs to be booked along with adult ticket. and kid above 2 years will be given a seat. below 2 years will not be given a seat & has to sit on your lap.

Ticket for a kid above 2 years required
anyone who booked kids ticket as an adult ???

403
1855
13

no online portal will allow infant or child single ticket booking. You have to book through airlines for kid/infant

110
463
28
pvprasad wrote:

no online portal will allow infant or child single ticket booking. You have to book through airlines for kid/infant

portal will allow kid ticket booking if there is adult ticket also. else only kid ticket cannot be booked. contact airline directly for bookings. they will reserve the ticket & you can pay while checkin.

262
2953
40
Expand
drupal wrote:

Ticket for a kid above 2 years required
anyone who booked kids ticket as an adult ???

call customer care and book..
below 2 years..fixed charge of 1250/-

315
3088
110

Flipkart flight booking have no option to book kids ticket how to book child ticket in Flipkart
Not allows me even with an adult

50
130
0

You cannot book infant/child ticket alone. You need to contact customer care/ticketing office to add infant/child to the PNR

128
4286
62
drupal wrote:

Flipkart flight booking have no option to book kids ticket how to book child ticket in Flipkart
Not allows me even with an adult

Did u talked with airline?

39
1356
22

@drupal which airline?
I always book a child as adult to get discount. Airline would not create any issue if the child is not travelling alone. Only downside is you will get seats separately. You might need to prebook the seats if required.

315
3088
110
makeourdeal wrote:

@drupal which airline?
I always book a child as adult to get discount. Airline would not create any issue if the child is not travelling alone. Only downside is you will get seats separately. You might need to prebook the seats if required.

Thanks bro for your reply Ok I will book the child as an adult no problem?

39
1356
22
Expand
drupal wrote:

Thanks bro for your reply Ok I will book the child as an adult no problem?

which airline?

315
3088
110
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

did you mention wrong age?

Got it corrected later by calling airlines
Linked kid’s ticket with my pnr

315
3088
110
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

did you mention wrong age?

Got it corrected later by calling airlines
Linked kid’s ticket with my pnr

55
393
3
Expand
drupal wrote:

Got it corrected later by calling airlines
Linked kid’s ticket with my pnr

Any extra charges?

Missing