Hot Deal

How to escape from Rs 2000 challan/penalty?

385°
Deal Cadet
tejsngh339296
I got Rs 2000 challan on riding bike on Delhi Meerut Expressway.

Challan Issued by Ghaziabad District Police and not in Delhi.

1) Is there any option to escape from it?
2) Will I get any notice at my residential address?
3) How to settle in Lok Adalat at lesser amount heard approx Rs 400-500?

I haven't received any sms as mobile no reflecting on challan note does not belong to me, checked on mparivahan app and showing challan there.

Please help.
Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Challans are linked to RC of the vehicle. You would be stupid to just ignore it & not pay. You can't challenge whether you're in the wrong or not in this particular case as you know you made the mistake.

Best way to deal is to ask for leniency when challan is being done. Afterwards, it's such a hassle. 

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

100% wrong my friend. 

Get into lok adalat and this 2000 challan will move into 200₹ category. 

FYI: I got 25k challan for an year+, never paid,nothing happened, took my time to get lok adalat appointment which happens frequently now, earlier it was 1-2 times in a year. Explained during my appointment that this is the first time I got challan, got away by paying only ₹2000. 🖕

I’ve helped my friends many times on this now. Example: my home maid got 18000 challan for scooty (no helmet, no license, no papers, no puc) ended up paying 400. Actually, people get scared and pay the amount. Once, you know the system, you know the loopholes  

Sorry, I’m not saying you should break the rules, but this hefty challan amount isn’t something anyone can afford. 

OP: lok adalat pe naam dalke appointment lo online, 200-400 main nikal jayoge. Chill. Yeh police/traffic wale ko next time bolo online challan de, main bhar dunga. 50k ka challan bhi 4-5k main nipat jata hai, bas darna nahi infront of these corrupt people. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Faug How to get lok adaalat appointment ?
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
@rocker123

Check online or the authority near you. From time to time, the dates are published online and also on social media sites.  

Usually 150 judge sit there and each one will settle 100 challans so in total 15000 challans are settled, this is why appointment is a must, otherwise you can try again. If any traffic person or police guy reach out to you or stop you for pending challan, you can say it’s pending in lok adalat and will be settled there. They can’t seized your vehicle too. 

Example. Notification posted on Twitter. 

IMG5657

49 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Have got 3 overspeed challan on delhi meerut expressway.  Lok adalat things works for more than 1 challan?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Depends.
But it could work.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My 20k is pending, the traffic police didi not stopped me and slapped me with this fine. It was in july. What should I do?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Bro challan is of ₹20000 on Delhi Meerut Expressway, Kindly check properly, if not?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
i know, but we challaned for 2k while taking a small u-turn to get off from main express lane...
View 4 more replies
Blaze Blaze
Link Copied

First check whether your challan comes under compoundable category and if not then it won't be settled in lok Adalat.

If yes then check next lok Adalat date and book an appointment for next lok Adalat, the token can be booked online through delhi traffic police website.

And if you don't have more than one challan then maybe you won't have to pay anything.

Go in the booked slot time and submit your token there and after the judge sign on your challan and the clerk mark it as paid on their system take your receipt and you are free to go.

Tips:- book the 10:00 am slot and be beware of advocates sitting there they will try to take advantage of your situation.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
how to know it comes under compoundable or not?
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

By the way, OP is lucky that he got challan for Rs. 2000 only.

Traffic police is issuing Rs. 20000 challan for driving bike on Delhi-Meerut expressway.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ghazia...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Ye hai ajkal ke padhe likhe log. Pahle galti Karo aur fir pucho ki bat nar kaise ye galti kar sakte .

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Tej chaala rahe they kya? 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No, bikes are not alowed on Delhi Meerut Expressway. I was driving at a normal speed of 60 on main lane of expressway.

View 5 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

SNo. 3 is right.

For S.No.2, if you left it unpaid, regional traffic inspector will visit your address to summon you by hand(for delhi)

S.No.1 is never suggestible as you admitted your mistake

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

For S.No.2 How many days it will take to reach address if not paid?

For S.No.3 Whats the procedure to settle in lok adalat?

View 9 more replies
Post Mogul Post Mogul
Link Copied
you can contest the challan if you are in not wrong .. in maharashtra challan has link which contains photo captured of the vehicle
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Challans are linked to RC of the vehicle. You would be stupid to just ignore it & not pay. You can't challenge whether you're in the wrong or not in this particular case as you know you made the mistake.

Best way to deal is to ask for leniency when challan is being done. Afterwards, it's such a hassle. 

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

100% wrong my friend. 

Get into lok adalat and this 2000 challan will move into 200₹ category. 

FYI: I got 25k challan for an year+, never paid,nothing happened, took my time to get lok adalat appointment which happens frequently now, earlier it was 1-2 times in a year. Explained during my appointment that this is the first time I got challan, got away by paying only ₹2000. 🖕

I’ve helped my friends many times on this now. Example: my home maid got 18000 challan for scooty (no helmet, no license, no papers, no puc) ended up paying 400. Actually, people get scared and pay the amount. Once, you know the system, you know the loopholes  

Sorry, I’m not saying you should break the rules, but this hefty challan amount isn’t something anyone can afford. 

OP: lok adalat pe naam dalke appointment lo online, 200-400 main nikal jayoge. Chill. Yeh police/traffic wale ko next time bolo online challan de, main bhar dunga. 50k ka challan bhi 4-5k main nipat jata hai, bas darna nahi infront of these corrupt people. 

View 15 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply