Hot Deal How to stop Ketto advts?

321°
338
12196
128

I am not an insensitive person. I am a super sensitive person. Being sensitive has its pros n cons.
These days 80-90% advts are from Ketto. It shows how desperate parents are to save their kids’ lives. It’s necessary and I respect them. But I get depressed in the process. So, how to either reduce the frequency of such advts or stop them?
Any advice ll be very helpful.

41 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
194
6290
70

That is their target to encash emotions and sensitivity – I even get calls few times explaining how serious small kid is.
Wonder where they picked up my number
Even I am tired of these Ads, I hate to see these ads. Good part is I am insensitive to these ads now smile

90
4482
161

So you are now experiencing targeted ads.

That’s dishes out to you by AI system after studying your online behaviours.

This is the power of big data and 5ou became it’s victim.

What’s the alternative?
Change your computer name
Change your Gmail or atleast opt out of all user experience and assist programs.Even yahoo has one. Gmail too has one accessible only from desktop browser.
Clear your browser cache and all cookies
Clear your temp folder
Delete old post where you mentioned about the topic somewhere.
Check who is in your LinkedIn connection

If I were you.wouldn’t login to browser just use it anonymously
Use incognito browser for a month

431
5976
132

Same here. Minimum 3 to 4 ads a single day. I just shift my eyes away, mute the volume and skip the ad. Last month I sat through an entire ad and I had to watch a tons of funny videos to dry out my tears. pensive Since the browser is used for a lot of banking and sensitive data, I don’t use any addons.

338
12196
128
dharmanath481 wrote:

So you are now experiencing targeted ads.

That’s dishes out to you by AI system after studying your online behaviours.

This is the power of big data and 5ou became it’s victim.

What’s the alternative?
Change your computer name
Change your Gmail or atleast opt out of all user experience and assist programs.Even yahoo has one. Gmail too has one accessible only from desktop browser.
Clear your browser cache and all cookies
Clear your temp folder
Delete old post where you mentioned about the topic somewhere.
Check who is in your LinkedIn connection

If I were you.wouldn’t login to browser just use it anonymously
Use incognito browser for a month

Thank you bhai

338
12196
128
sence wrote:

Same here. Minimum 3 to 4 ads a single day. I just shift my eyes away, mute the volume and skip the ad. Last month I sat through an entire ad and I had to watch a tons of funny videos to dry out my tears. pensive Since the browser is used for a lot of banking and sensitive data, I don’t use any addons.

😔😔

111
717
4

Use brave Browser…….

Also these ads are to make you emotional and make money……

338
12196
128
caks2006407 wrote:

That is their target to encash emotions and sensitivity – I even get calls few times explaining how serious small kid is.
Wonder where they picked up my number
Even I am tired of these Ads, I hate to see these ads. Good part is I am insensitive to these ads now smile

That’s nice hear bhai. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

338
12196
128
myfungang829 wrote:

Use brave Browser…….

Also these ads are to make you emotional and make money……

Ok bhai. 🙂🙂🙂

198
1607
24

I didn’t even know what is ketto.
Had to search.

I always use adblockers.
I never see ads in pc/mobile.

For home-broadband I will suggest to use a pi-hole https://pi-hol...t/
install on any cheap raspberry-pi, connect to your router and change dns.

338
12196
128
nimod wrote:

I didn’t even know what is ketto.
Had to search.

I always use adblockers.
I never see ads in pc/mobile.

For home-broadband I will suggest to use a pi-hole https://pi-hol...t/
install on any cheap raspberry-pi, connect to your router and change dns.

Ok bhai. Thankuuuu 🍬🙂

16
1189
22

I am stressed of with junk advertising emails, that to on my main email account, I often missed important emails due to there junk emails, now am fed up by blocking there emails ids.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/636932/medium/Screenshot_20200916_090051.jpg?1600227241

198
1607
24
Sunasuna wrote:

I am stressed of with junk advertising emails, that to on my main email account, I often missed important emails due to there junk emails, now am fed up by blocking there emails ids.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/636932/medium/Screenshot_20200916_090051.jpg?1600227241

Thats why when I see any unknown female name in mailbox, the first thing strikes is SPAM!!
stuck_out_tongue

262
6729
127
bikidas2060 wrote:

@getready @mrKool_JJ @androgame @rogerthat @malikcool @dharmanath481 @guest_999 @xuseronline @rmm63629219
Guys please help if possible. I am seriously disturbed. I can’t save them all, that’s the tragedy of it 😔😔😔

Sorry never heard about Ketto.
You tagged me so checked what is it all about wink
This may help – https://support.ketto.org/hc/en-us/articles/900...-

A few year ago, one of my friends referred my name of “Save the Children”. So I started receiving calls. In the beginning, I did donations for a few times but after this my phone number got circulated all over and I started receiving too many calls. Than I came to know from several people who told me the reality of all such organizations that only 10-15% of the donated amount reaches to actual needed.

So I now when I get any such call, I immediate disconnect… because if I talk to them they will emotionally blackmail me and phir me fus jaata hoon and donate the money so I don’t even now talk to them.

Better donate direct or only authenticated organizations only.

50
3707
44
bikidas2060 wrote:

@getready @mrKool_JJ @androgame @rogerthat @malikcool @dharmanath481 @guest_999 @xuseronline @rmm63629219
Guys please help if possible. I am seriously disturbed. I can’t save them all, that’s the tragedy of it 😔😔😔

I also see such ads sometimes but don’t do anything about it. Ask yourself why should these kids get more chance of being saved when there are millions of other poor kids dying in this country. The answer is luck, these kids got lucky to get their story published online for you to see them while most others didn’t. Now think by same logic if it is their luck to get saved then even without your donation they will be saved else they won’t even if you donate. Seems cold but that is the reality. If you want to help poor then donate whatever amount you can afford to some good reputed charity organisation/ngo in your city(so you can at least check their claims).

50
3707
44
caks2006407 wrote:

That is their target to encash emotions and sensitivity – I even get calls few times explaining how serious small kid is.
Wonder where they picked up my number
Even I am tired of these Ads, I hate to see these ads. Good part is I am insensitive to these ads now smile

Being insensitive is alright but don’t be insensitive without a justifiable reason. I feel for these kids but still I don’t do anything(see my above post).

338
12196
128
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I also see such ads sometimes but don’t do anything about it. Ask yourself why should these kids get more chance of being saved when there are millions of other poor kids dying in this country. The answer is luck, these kids got lucky to get their story published online for you to see them while most others didn’t. Now think by same logic if it is their luck to get saved then even without your donation they will be saved else they won’t even if you donate. Seems cold but that is the reality. If you want to help poor then donate whatever amount you can afford to some good reputed charity organisation/ngo in your city(so you can at least check their claims).

Yes bhai. 🙂

0
7047
118
bikidas2060 wrote:

@getready @mrKool_JJ @androgame @rogerthat @malikcool @dharmanath481 @guest_999 @xuseronline @rmm63629219
Guys please help if possible. I am seriously disturbed. I can’t save them all, that’s the tragedy of it 😔😔😔

The moment I read about this I remembered my friend who’s suffering from a rare disorder where in he has to undergo combined liver and kidney transplant ASAP. He’s one of my friend with whom I even played cricket before lockdown sob.
I really don’t know whether this shall be the right place to post about him but if anyone to donate everything it would be great. He is in urgent need of about 40-50 lakhs now. They have raised about 3.5lakhs as of now.

https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/my-brother-is-...

Also please let me know folks how do I help him arranging funds if anyone can do so since this guy is my friend.

May god bless you for your kind gesture. innocent

0
7047
118
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

The moment I read about this I remembered my friend who’s suffering from a rare disorder where in he has to undergo combined liver and kidney transplant ASAP. He’s one of my friend with whom I even played cricket before lockdown sob.
I really don’t know whether this shall be the right place to post about him but if anyone to donate everything it would be great. He is in urgent need of about 40-50 lakhs now. They have raised about 3.5lakhs as of now.

https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/my-brother-is-...

Also please let me know folks how do I help him arranging funds if anyone can do so since this guy is my friend.

May god bless you for your kind gesture. innocent

Or if anyone has any contacts where in he/she can help him to get some waiver for this transplant that also would be great pray

268
14800
239
Moderator
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Being insensitive is alright but don’t be insensitive without a justifiable reason. I feel for these kids but still I don’t do anything(see my above post).

+1

Before march 2020… i visit offline in my town… usually give donations in the form of food materials/ready to eat etc… guys don’t trust any who says i will do this seva on-behalf of you unless you know them in person/relative etc.. walk in directly donate them once a week or once a month ..may be sunday etc.

16
1189
22
Expand
nimod wrote:

Thats why when I see any unknown female name in mailbox, the first thing strikes is SPAM!!
stuck_out_tongue

Yes i am fed up with all this thing till date I have blocked more then 300 email id, but everytime they spam my mail box by changing 1 or 2 letters as
Preeti @ xyz.com
Preeti1 @ xyz.com
And in yahoo I have not found way to block entire domain. Just imagine 1 very important email surrounded by 10 spam mails in inbox.

50
3707
44
Expand
Sunasuna wrote:

Yes i am fed up with all this thing till date I have blocked more then 300 email id, but everytime they spam my mail box by changing 1 or 2 letters as
Preeti @ xyz.com
Preeti1 @ xyz.com
And in yahoo I have not found way to block entire domain. Just imagine 1 very important email surrounded by 10 spam mails in inbox.

Email blocking is not a viable solution, you must keep different email IDs & use each of them for a specific purpose.e.g.one email specifically for shopping sites, one email specifically for bank accounts, one email for all the forum registrations & social media etc.

16
1189
22
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Email blocking is not a viable solution, you must keep different email IDs & use each of them for a specific purpose.e.g.one email specifically for shopping sites, one email specifically for bank accounts, one email for all the forum registrations & social media etc.

I never used this email I’d on shopping site, nor on social media, I am using this email I’d only for my bank, upstox, 5paisa, mutal fund and for for shopping and all I have another secondary Gmail mail id

50
3707
44
Expand
Sunasuna wrote:

I never used this email I’d on shopping site, nor on social media, I am using this email I’d only for my bank, upstox, 5paisa, mutal fund and for for shopping and all I have another secondary Gmail mail id

There you go, all these “discount brokers” are able to afford such cheap service rates because of the selling of your data in some form. I gave same email id to my online discount broker which I use on shopping sites.

55
1040
7
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

There you go, all these “discount brokers” are able to afford such cheap service rates because of the selling of your data in some form. I gave same email id to my online discount broker which I use on shopping sites.

I think It could be banks also. when we take a sbi card , after few days we get calls from CPP ..card protection for insurance

353
1076
23

Use uBlock Origin to block ads on your PC Browser (Blocks even youtube video ads) and Setup a Pi Hole on a Raspberry Pi 2 for all other devices on your home network (Used sells for less than 1k online, I have a 1-2 pieces lying as well, can sell if interested) and be free from 95% of the ads online.

Missing