How to treat cracked heals?

202°
Deal Baba
kartikxxx

Problem - cracked heals (heavlily cracked)


steps taken till now (following fro the past 6months):

                                   - stopped applying soap to not to dry it.

                        - stopped suing cleaner/scrubber to not to damage it anymore

                                   - stated wearing socks all the time (irrespective of weather)- tried applying mustard oil for few days, but i didn't notice any improvement.                                     

                                    - tried patanjali crack cream for 1 month, no results

                                   - using himalaya crack cream twice from the last 5 months, things get better but issue is still there.


whatelse can be done to make heels like feathery soft?

image

TIA

Expiring In 28 days
Top Comments
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

@kartikxxx
After cleaning as suggested, try this cream overnight : https://www.1mg.com/otc/kailas-jeevan-multi-pur...

As you have mentioned no other creams were beneficial, I suggest you to try this once. We have been using in our household more than 10 years. Recommended first time to my grandmother for severely cracked heels by family doctor. It's a multipurpose Ayurvedic cream, can be used as oral medicine as well.
Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Visit a good dermatologist instead of wasting time on home-brewed remedies if the pumice stone approach doesn't work. Best to stay away from Patanjali products. Himalaya ain't so hot as well. 

32 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

coconut oil?

or some strong moisturizer such as venusia max?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Espionage wrote:

coconut oil?

or some strong moisturizer such as venusia max?

plain coconut oil will work? and in how much time?
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:
plain coconut oil will work? and in how much time?
Depends on your cracks, have used for small ones and it works. Basically some kind of mositurizer.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

you mean pedicure? 😄
Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

jo peeler ata hai market mai for feets, kya vo work karta hai?
all u mean is, ki dead skin ko pehle remove kiya jaye, right?
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:
jo peeler ata hai market mai for feets, kya vo work karta hai?
all u mean is, ki dead skin ko pehle remove kiya jaye, right?

Arey bhai, peeler use nai karni. Wo safe chiz nai hai. Ghav ho gaya n infection hua toh dikkat ho jaega. Bass pumice stone hi kaafi hai.

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Arey bhai, peeler use nai karni. Wo safe chiz nai hai. Ghav ho gaya n infection hua toh dikkat ho jaega. Bass pumice stone hi kaafi hai.

ok, bro, will try that now.

actually patient diabetic hai and i dont want ki feets kharab ho, isiliy, looking for solutions.

KG+😘

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:
ok, bro, will try that now.
actually patient diabetic hai and i dont want ki feets kharab ho, isiliy, looking for solutions.
Ji. Unhe Pumice stone dilwaiye. Peelers ko duur se 🙏.
Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Visit a good dermatologist instead of wasting time on home-brewed remedies if the pumice stone approach doesn't work. Best to stay away from Patanjali products. Himalaya ain't so hot as well. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai, jo calluses hain usse pahle nikalna hai. Pumic stone sabse best hai. Pair ko warm water me soak karke pumic stone se ghisai roj and kuch bhi cream uske upar. 1 week me share your results. 🙂🙂🙂

@kartikxxx
After cleaning as suggested, try this cream overnight : https://www.1mg.com/otc/kailas-jeevan-multi-pur...

As you have mentioned no other creams were beneficial, I suggest you to try this once. We have been using in our household more than 10 years. Recommended first time to my grandmother for severely cracked heels by family doctor. It's a multipurpose Ayurvedic cream, can be used as oral medicine as well.
Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Expand
Agent_47 wrote:
@kartikxxx
After cleaning as suggested, try this cream overnight : https://www.1mg.com/otc/kailas-jeevan-multi-pur...

As you have mentioned no other creams were beneficial, I suggest you to try this once. We have been using in our household more than 10 years. Recommended first time to my grandmother for severely cracked heels by family doctor. It's a multipurpose Ayurvedic cream, can be used as oral medicine as well.
Thanks bro plus1
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Wear socks as much as you can..it avoids friction.
It also helps to prevent skin from drying.
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Pure veg

Before going to bed at night, clean feet with soap and lukewarm water and after drying massage your feet with Vaseline Petroleum jelly 

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Expand
saucap wrote:

Before going to bed at night, clean feet with soap and lukewarm water and after drying massage your feet with Vaseline Petroleum jelly 

Someone suggested, soap mai take moisture and turn feets to crack more, so quit using soap.
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
b4tm4n wrote:
Wear socks as much as you can..it avoids friction.
It also helps to prevent skin from drying.

This is the only solution for me just 20days and cracks are gone nothing else works for me

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Coconut oil  mustard  oil  will  not for  heavy cracked heels .

Soak feet  in warm  water for some time  ,gently use pumic stone if possible and not paining and no cuts or blood coming   , than  pat your feet dry . Than aplly heavy moisturising  like boroline etc continuously  for atleast 20 days .and after healing continue  moisturising  with any moisturising  you like .

You can try Emolene cream also as it contain urea  and is good.but its expensive and watery

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Loaferg wrote:

Coconut oil  mustard  oil  will  not for  heavy cracked heels .

Soak feet  in warm  water for some time  ,gently use pumic stone if possible and not paining and no cuts or blood coming   , than  pat your feet dry . Than aplly heavy moisturising  like boroline etc continuously  for atleast 20 days .and after healing continue  moisturising  with any moisturising  you like .

You can try Emolene cream also as it contain urea  and is good.but its expensive and watery

Thanks bro relaxed
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

1. Clean your feet with warm water and pat it dry.

2. Apply Dersol (~60-120 INR on Amazon depending upon concentration) Ointment 18-40% concentration, higher the severity of cracked heals, higher concentration will produce significant results in smaller period. However, do a patch test before going to town with it.

3. Buy a couple of silicone socks (~200 INR on Amazon) to have a fresh pair to wear as they may stink upon prolonged usage and wear them throughout the day especially after applying ointment. These socks are really comfortable to walk too.

Overtime, the dead skin cells will start peeling off, exposing soft skin. Pumice stone can be used but I would advise against it as the skin peels off easy once the ointment does it's magic and you may not wanna hurt your new skin with abrasion.

Do this at night before sleeping, so, the ointment can work overnight when there will be least foot activity.



Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
morningstar96 wrote:

1. Clean your feet with warm water and pat it dry.

2. Apply Dersol (~60-120 INR on Amazon depending upon concentration) Ointment 18-40% concentration, higher the severity of cracked heals, higher concentration will produce significant results in smaller period. However, do a patch test before going to town with it.

3. Buy a couple of silicone socks (~200 INR on Amazon) to have a fresh pair to wear as they may stink upon prolonged usage and wear them throughout the day especially after applying ointment. These socks are really comfortable to walk too.

Overtime, the dead skin cells will start peeling off, exposing soft skin. Pumice stone can be used but I would advise against it as the skin peels off easy once the ointment does it's magic and you may not wanna hurt your new skin with abrasion.

Do this at night before sleeping, so, the ointment can work overnight when there will be least foot activity.



Thanks bro

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Use chappals at home.

Soak in warm water with handful of crystal salt in it. Grow some aloe plant.. Gradually use aloe in water..

Make sure you aren't over doing it. Slowly start using pumice stone or scrubber /callus remover. 

Use a mild cream before going to bed and wear same socks every night. 

Should take time depending on the crack. 

U can use crack cream for confidence, but almost any good body cream should work. 

Never over do it, could be too painful. 

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
jitz wrote:

Use chappals at home.

Soak in warm water with handful of crystal salt in it. Grow some aloe plant.. Gradually use aloe in water..

Make sure you aren't over doing it. Slowly start using pumice stone or scrubber /callus remover. 

Use a mild cream before going to bed and wear same socks every night. 

Should take time depending on the crack. 

U can use crack cream for confidence, but almost any good body cream should work. 

Never over do it, could be too painful. 

Same socks!!!!
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Try "Kokum Butter". If you can buy it raw from some ayurvedic shop, get it. Its inexpensive like Rs.50 for 100g.

Melt it on a metal spoon and apply it on the cracks at night before sleeping. Wear socks after applying so that you don't soil your bedsheet and other linen.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply