Hyundai Venue or i20

273°
Deal Cadet
theprofessor

Hi dimers, I wanna buy a car till Diwali.
My budget is upto 9lkh.
I liked the design of venue but had listened from many people that it’s servicing is costly + parts price are inflated.
So, thought of i20.
Budget is flexible but can’t go beyond 10lkh.

Could anyone using these cars clarify are these rumours or true??
If have any other car suggestion, please tell.

33 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I 20 petrol version will drink too much petrol and its annoying. U can consider Tata Nexon

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
goldi wrote:

Check out Kia Sonet & Tata Nexon.

Yes excellent and worthy cars. Nexon is VFM and safe.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Tata cars are built like a tank.
The cars you have chosen cost “almost” the same in terms of servicing. By almost I mean if you know any good mechanic outside.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
billubakra wrote:

Tata cars are built like a tank.
The cars you have chosen cost “almost” the same in terms of servicing. By almost I mean if you know any good mechanic outside.

I also doubt but many reviews of venue says the cost of it’s parts is inflated

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

nexon is good agreed. but service of tata also should also be considered, which is very bad.
i donno about other companies as i only own tata

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Sonet looks good. I would suggest to wait for it.

Nexon is tried and tested.

Venue seems better than i20 anyday. Cant imagine spares being exorbitantly high, may be somewhat high.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I was in same delima
I chose i20

Its cheaper than Venue,also tested engine as compared to venue

In comparison to nexon, i20 has market value which nexon can’t give.

So its an overall package

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
karthi4052752 wrote:

nexon is good agreed. but service of tata also should also be considered, which is very bad.
i donno about other companies as i only own tata

Yes, service is not match for Hyundai or Maruti. Tata make amazing cars but their dealership and service centers are very bad.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

I have both, no one in my family wants to drive i20 after Venue came, cause i20 is a low seating car……

Also I would suggest venue cause looks wise it’s better

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
theprofessor wrote:

I also doubt but many reviews of venue says the cost of it’s parts is inflated

Don’t trust those reviews these days. My comment is also kind of a review but I am not getting paid for it.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
karthi4052752 wrote:

nexon is good agreed. but service of tata also should also be considered, which is very bad.
i donno about other companies as i only own tata

nexon is good agreed. but service of tata also should also be considered,* which is very bad.*

Same is the case with every company even those high end vehicles.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
myfungang829 wrote:

I have both, no one in my family wants to drive i20 after Venue came, cause i20 is a low seating car……

Also I would suggest venue cause looks wise it’s better

Since u have both, could u clarify whether it’s(venue) spare parts are inflated or servicing is expensive.
Have heard that it’s servicing cost around 50-60K.
Is it only rumour or true?
Since this is only reason,I have thought of i20, otherwise , always venue is my first choice

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
theprofessor wrote:

Since u have both, could u clarify whether it’s(venue) spare parts are inflated or servicing is expensive.
Have heard that it’s servicing cost around 50-60K.
Is it only rumour or true?
Since this is only reason,I have thought of i20, otherwise , always venue is my first choice

The car has not been serviced many time, hence can’t comment……

Hyundai cars don’t demand much maintenance…..

I remember in service center there is a chart of all hyundai cars with the periodic maintenance rates….. That will give you a better idea and comparison…..

Even if the service is little higher, I would still go for venue as it’s more comfortable……

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
theprofessor wrote:

Since u have both, could u clarify whether it’s(venue) spare parts are inflated or servicing is expensive.
Have heard that it’s servicing cost around 50-60K.
Is it only rumour or true?
Since this is only reason,I have thought of i20, otherwise , always venue is my first choice

50-60k for a below 10 lakh Hyundai/Maruti car definitely sounds like a rumor. Not even Creta service is that costly.
If it was true, i am 100% sure it would have flopped badly in the Indian Market.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Go for “Tata Altroz”. It has 5 Star Global NCAP Safety Rating and better looking family Car.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

All Hyundai cars are expensive in the long run for maintenance. From what I have heard, Toyota is relatively less expensive on the maintenance front.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

As per my personal experience
Inhave to say some words
Buy clean second hand car(if flexible)
Year or 2 year old
Go for creta you can get it for
Around 9
Plus creta is something fire
Rest all upto you

Gaadi showroom se nikalte hi
Lakh rupayt
tak gir jaati hai

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

i would pick Venue as its an SUV(more Comfy)
and if u are a driving enthusiast
I’m sure You’ll love Venue and also Looks Better
it even has a Turbo GDI engine
Do Check it out

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Any idea about how good/bad Nexon XMA automatic sunroof is?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have grand i10 amd elite i20 at my in laws.
Tata nexon is better than these small cars and quite safe.
The tata aftersales is quite good here in north at jaipur , rajasthan.
Please take test drive of all three cars i20, venue ans nexon. U will automatically know which one is good. Nexon is faaar superior.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

tata cars without other thought(if u r looking the safety aspect as well)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
jileg wrote:

Any idea about how good/bad Nexon XMA automatic sunroof is?

Did you get any answer on this?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Cool07 wrote:

I have grand i10 amd elite i20 at my in laws.
Tata nexon is better than these small cars and quite safe.
The tata aftersales is quite good here in north at jaipur , rajasthan.
Please take test drive of all three cars i20, venue ans nexon. U will automatically know which one is good. Nexon is faaar superior.

Yes it is biggrin

Missing