IDFC Bank Payment missed Rs 10000 of the Total Due

86°
Post Emperor
marumuganainar
IDFC Bank statement generated in February for Rs. 179000 and I paid Rs.169000. Today only I realised and I missed the payment of Rs.10000.
What to do?
Today I fully paid the entire balance amount of Rs.160000 including unbilled transactions.
Can I reverse the financial charges by calling IDFC or any other way to reduce the financial charges.
Today is the statement generation date.
Please share any experience on financial charges with IDFC
Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
16 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Wait till statement gets generated. There're bound to be hefty charges tacked on. Once you have the statement, then it depends on your relationship with the bank. It's unlikely they'll reverse the entire charges, since the penalties will be high, and will be lucrative, especially near March end. However, you can probably negotiate a lower penalty amount. If you're a wealth customer or have good standing otherwise, maybe talk to your RM and he/she may help in getting the charges waived (unlikely) or reduced (more likely). Take this as a teachable moment. Be careful of payment schedules and amounts in future.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Please share the customer care number for idfc credit card

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

be ready to close card - in case they do not budge

total waive off unlikely and unreasonable too as u used Credit free facility for pretty long days so try to negotiate to some 1% interest charges per month

you had huge unbilled which worsened problem;

but looking at your spends they will offer u some discount

Check statement for cc number or card backside

View 5 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Keep autopay on to avoid such situations in the future
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Not every card can be paid thru auto pay. Only same bank' s card can be paid thru auto pay. like axis cc cant be paid with with idfc bank account.
Instead select a date in the month say 15; now dues of all the CCs on this date only irrespective of actual payment due date. this way headache will be reduced.
View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Finally called today and requested for reversal has taken

Subject to approval

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@marumuganainar673

lol dont worry open idfc app and hit on top left corner click on relationship there will be a contact call him/her tell your story they will help you out as this is your first mistake dont worry idfc is very resanable their staff is good incase there is no number there go to the closest branch and talk there she/he will get it on email and help you out 

you should turn on auto pay in their app

Link Copied
No relationship manager assigned
View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can anyone help me with Idfc debit card

replyuser
Click here to reply