Hot Deal

Install Remix OS/Android on iBall Slide i701 or any other Windows based device.

2045°
Deal Cadet
5amar31

If you want to know more about Remix OS then head over to http://www.jide.com/en/r...os & http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-...pc
Warning: I’m not responsible if something goes wrong in your system.
1stly I’m going to instruct on how to install on tablets and newer laptops(EFI based systems).
Pre Requisites: A USB flash drive with minimum 8GB of storage and minimum write speed of 10MBps.
USB OTG cable and a USB hub if there are less ports on your device.
A 64 bit processor (which most of them are nowadays)
Step 1: Download the OS from https://otacdn.jide.com/ota/Remix_OS_for_PC_64_...
Step 2: Plug in a USB flash drive in your device.
Step 3: Run the Remix OS USB Tool(in the downlaoded zip) and follow the instructions to burn the .iso file onto your USB flash drive.
Step 4: Hold the shift key and then press the restart button from the Start Menu.
Alternatively, Power Button + Volume Down Button to boot it directly to the Graphic Bootloader.
Step 5: Then go to Troubleshoot >Advanced Options >UEFI Firmware Settings >Restart
Step 6: Go to the Boot option in the BIOS and change the Boot Option #1 to UEFI and then go to Security > Secure Boot menu and make sure that the Secure Boot is Disabled.
Step 7: Press F4 to save and exit.
You could use Volume +/- key to navigate UEFI but a keyboard is recommended.
Step 8: Your device will boot into Remix OS and you’ll get 2 options – Resident Mode and Guest Mode.
Resident Mode- If you want your data and settings to be saved everytime.
Guest Mode- Self explanatory.
Step 9: It’ll just go through the setup and patience is required in this step. Press enter key when required.
Step 10: The OS will just boot up as any normal OS. Connect to WiFi and Agree with the Terms.
Will update this article as and when required. Will later on add on how to install Google Play Store & Services.
Feel free to ask me anything.

39 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/cookie.gif

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

I have been trying this since remixos official launch but all my pen drives aren’t supporting x86 iso. I will try disabling secure boot

Anyone who got this working, do mention your pendrive make n model please

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@getready wrote:

I have been trying this since remixos official launch but all my pen drives aren’t supporting x86 iso. I will try disabling secure boot

Used a local Pen Drive. And did you download the EFI version?
Cuz at the launch there was only the Legacy version available.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

@getready wrote:

not sure which version it is
tried Dec 25 build and Jan 12 build

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@getready wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

@getready wrote:

The EFI version released on 14th January. Please check my instuctions.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

@getready wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

@getready wrote:

The EFI version released on 14th January. Please check my instuctions.
Will check that
Thanks for the update

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Too Lazy toungueout
Any video tutorial smile What’s this toungueout

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
@getready wrote:

System requirements

A USB 3.0 flash drive that supports FAT32 format, with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a recommended writing speed of 20MB/s. A CPU with 64-bit compatibility.
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@caks2006407 wrote:

@getready wrote:

System requirements

A USB 3.0 flash drive that supports FAT32 format, with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a recommended writing speed of 20MB/s. A CPU with 64-bit compatibility.

You don’t need a USB 3.0 that’s just an Exaggeration or may be because USB 3.0 drives perform better than USB 2.0

I used to try these Android x86 project ISOs all the time but it doesn’t work on all drives even the latest ones
I used to have a old sandisk USB 2.0 drive and these ISOs used to work on that

Now tries with two USB 3.0 drives one sandisk ultra and other PNY but it didn’t work. I hope it works with latest Jan 14 EFI build, downloading on a crappy network right now

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@caks2006407 wrote:

@getready wrote:

System requirements

I booted it even with a 4.1MBps writing speed drive. And I’m yet to find a drive which doesn’t support FAT32 format.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@hese wrote:

Too Lazy toungueout
Any video tutorial smile What’s this toungueout

You’ll find the tutorial of devices only with Legacy boot mode in which BIOS is easily accessible. I’ve tailered down my tutorial specifically for this type of devices.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Awesome Man
It worked, thanks for letting me know about the new build @5amar31 biggrin
KG
Tried with my Spectre x360 touch drivers are also working wink

Edit : No sound

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Going to try it on my Dad’s mammoth Dell Latitude tab which has been biting dust since 3 years.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@getready wrote:

Awesome Man
KG

Same here. No sound on any of the device I tried it on.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

@getready wrote:

Awesome Man
KG

Same here. No sound on any of the device I tried it on.

Audio is fine on Lenovo Flex 2 14 but no Wifi wink
I hope the next build solves the driver compatability issue

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

so we dnt need to install it in hdd.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@roman reigns wrote:

so we dnt need to install it in hdd.

It’s just like any Linux Live CD. The bootable drive can be used on any device once created.
I know a way of installing it on the main storage drive of the PC and then dual boot Windows & Remix OS but it won’t work on this tablet as you atleast require 8GB of free space for Remix OS.
The flash drive is better because normally your device only boots to Windows. If you want to use Remix OS then just plug in the drive at the time of boot.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Concept looks interesting

anyone using it in dual boot option with windows on desktop ?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Can anyone Guide me How to install Windows 7 or XP (SP3) in iBall i701 (A to Z)..???

@5amar31 @caks2006407 @getready @thrifty_indian
@zafarkhan4433

Will touch, audio, Wi-Fi & BT work in win 7.?

P.S. Some of hardwares i own, didn’t supports Win 8+ that’s the reason of downgrade. smile

Few more tags:
@DealSeeker @Dr Anshuman @cybertechie @PaytmKaPoojari

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
@Hitesh-rawaT wrote:

Can anyone Guide me How to install Windows 7 or XP (SP3) in iBall i701 (A to Z)..???

@zafarkhan4433

P.S. Some of hardwares i own, didn’t supports Win 8+ that’s the reason of downgrade. smile

Few more tags:

Why don’t you go ahead and install. Let us know if there is any issue.
If generic drivers of win7 suit your h/w then touch/wi-fi/BT should work. Only way is to install and check.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@Hitesh-rawaT wrote:

@zafarkhan4433

P.S. Some of hardwares i own, didn’t supports Win 8+ that’s the reason of downgrade. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Few more tags:

Touch features only on Windows 8 and above.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Hitesh-rawaT wrote:

@zafarkhan4433

P.S. Some of hardwares i own, didn’t supports Win 8+ that’s the reason of downgrade. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Few more tags:

Rest everything might just work fine but Windows 7/XP isn’t optimized for touch. And also you’ll need to install pirated version/Buy a copy of Windows 7 as the current product key won’t work because you aren’t rolling back. BTW what problem do you have with Windows 10? After using it I just can’t go back now.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

Rest everything might just work fine but Windows 7/XP isn’t optimized for touch. And also you’ll need to install pirated version/Buy a copy of Windows 7 as the current product key won’t work because you aren’t rolling back. BTW what problem do you have with Windows 10? After using it I just can’t go back now.

Can we know the windows 8.1 key of this tablet.
P.s I too own 1 iball slide 701i

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@abhim25 wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

+1

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@abhim25 wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

+1

Not able to add the script to dd because of formatting issues so adding the Google Drive link of the file that I created.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--Q6qdvVwGpY1...
Just download and open it and there you have your product key.
Alternate way is to use Belarc Key Finder

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

@hese wrote:

@abhim25 wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

+1

Not able to add the script to dd because of formatting issues so adding the Google Drive link of the file that I created.

Check phoenix os on tab. Its almost a rip off remix os but has better hardware support

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@5amar31 wrote:

@hese wrote:

@abhim25 wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

+1

Check phoenix os on tab. Its almost a rip off remix os but has better hardware support

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@PaytmKaPoojari wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

@hese wrote:

@abhim25 wrote:

@5amar31 wrote:

+1

Smaller footprint. Looks cool. Lets try and see. Have you tried it?

replyuser
Click here to reply