IPC 279 & 338

146°
Deal Cadet
Born_Mutant
I had an accident on 26th December 2022 with a scooty.
I was driving from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari and as I have reached the kanyakumari town, the roads are not that big and suddenly while going at the center of the road one lady came in the center lane suddenly and crashed onto my car.
She had injuries and was rushed to the hospital and related billing was taken care by me
I was charged with ipc 279 for rash driving and 338 for grievous injuries.
I see police Has filed a final report but there is no summon to me yet .

Can anyone has any information what eould be the next steps and what should be the best approach if anyone or relatives have gone through.
Need a peace of mind which is not there fir past 1.6 years .
Top Comments
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I hope you Informed insurance company about accident.

Their duty is to arrange compensation, legal help, repairs to vehicle etc. under 3rdparty insurance and comprehensive insurance(if any).

I hope you you  had valid licence to make such claims.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Police will call you and tell to appear in court on the day they will file chargesheet. Nothing to worry as both ipc are bailable offences. Instant bail will be granted. And if final verdict will be given by court then may be fine only. 

7 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I hope you Informed insurance company about accident.

Their duty is to arrange compensation, legal help, repairs to vehicle etc. under 3rdparty insurance and comprehensive insurance(if any).

I hope you you  had valid licence to make such claims.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

That's another MVA case which is being taken care by the insurance company

I'm concerned about the criminal case 279 and 238 put on me

Link Copied

Police will call you and tell to appear in court on the day they will file chargesheet. Nothing to worry as both ipc are bailable offences. Instant bail will be granted. And if final verdict will be given by court then may be fine only. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

so Final report by police and chargesheet are different?? and do i require a Lawyer during filing of chargesheet?

Link Copied

Yes lawyer required in court to get bail.

And yes chargesheet is different and final closer report is different. You have to ask the police station what's the status. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Final report is after investigation which i see in the portal. I think Chargesheet is still not done. Is there any post by which they will send the summons or they will call? i'm asking because i stay in bengaluru and incident happened in Knaykumari so dont know whats the procedure

Link Copied

They must have taken your number and address. Most probably they will call. If you have someone who can visit police station then send someone and ask the status. 

replyuser
Click here to reply