Is Amazon Prime really worth it?

127°
Deal Cadet
kipte.khoka

I am really tempted to ge a prime subscription since the prices ar gonna go up and you can get them at 5% discount now.Please advise if it is at all worthwhile to get one

23 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It is worth it……..If you think it is worth it.

The worth of something isn’t what you ask someone else, it depends on your requirements and needs and how best you think you can utilize the service.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Totally depends on personal use.
Cousin and her (husband) family use Indian site Prime, even in U.K. but for digital content and sometimes for locally sending gifts to family, relatives.

Those really into using the speakers and digital assistant for integrated shopping on the site, would need Prime to properly, fully use.

There is a way,😉 to cross subsidise Prime rental fees.
So I am not bothering to buy it for few months, even though I have few of their speakers and do occasionally use Amazon Music and Prime Videos.
Because I am weaning myself off digital shopping (and Jiomart COD orders locally, Dmart, Swiggymart usually plug the gap for daily needs).

Some Amazon customer support agents or the entire system is with some bugs or glitch.
In two accounts for similar category items, I have received automatic refund after (customer care agent) creating replacement for a wrong item.

Since seller was Cloudtail, but REAL seller was some other business (the physical invoice was an A4 size printout, with real seller’s address, name) maybe their system processed it differently.

Despite hand to hand exchange of the replacement order with the Original order, system generated e-mail came.
That we have received your return and refund is initiated!
Now customer care is not too keen to help with return of the replacement, since they feel it is a waste of time.
But we really do not need even the replaced item, despite it veing technically ‘free’ now.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
rak007 wrote:

It is worth it……..If you think it is worth it.

The worth of something isn’t what you ask someone else, it depends on your requirements and needs and how best you think you can utilize the service.

+1…

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
rak007 wrote:

It is worth it……..If you think it is worth it.

The worth of something isn’t what you ask someone else, it depends on your requirements and needs and how best you think you can utilize the service.

Exactly!
For some kids, even a bullock cart is a luxory.
While for others even an Aston Martin Rapide would be a play toy.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
rak007 wrote:

It is worth it……..If you think it is worth it.

The worth of something isn’t what you ask someone else, it depends on your requirements and needs and how best you think you can utilize the service.

Perfect

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

At most 999, its was ok ok. But no use @ 1499. Many user including me dont use prime Video and music even once. 1499 is too much.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

highly subjective. for me it is not coz i don’t use their video and music service. before jiomart i used to buy lot of consumables and other daily needs on amazon or pantry literally every week. now for me jiomart is cheaper than amazon. things that are worthy of buying from amazon are already relatively costly stuff so naturally there is no shipping fee. i am still in a limbo on whether i should renew prime after it ends.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

If you can extract use out of it’s membership.
Then it’s worth it even at 1499.
Currently 999 is very cheap and a no brainer, you should get it.

They are very aggressive with prime video, with some very exciting contents in pipelines like LOTR series and are acquiring a lot of famous productions, recently MGM.
If you order small loots on separate orders, then also it’s great to have. You won’t have to make a Cart value of 500.
Plus, they easily give back the membership fee practically for free if you continue to use Amazon pay.
Music is dogshit to say the best, useless for most people.
I rarely use it. Only those time when my echo flex is plugged in.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

If you can extract use out of it’s membership.
Then it’s worth it even at 1499.
Currently 999 is very cheap and a no brainer, you should get it.

They are very aggressive with prime video, with some very exciting contents in pipelines like LOTR series and are acquiring a lot of famous productions, recently MGM.
If you order small loots on separate orders, then also it’s great to have. You won’t have to make a Cart value of 500.
Plus, they easily give back the membership fee practically for free if you continue to use Amazon pay.
Music is dogshit to say the best, useless for most people.
I rarely use it. Only those time when my echo flex is plugged in.

Nice flex there

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
Expand
kipte.khoka wrote:

Nice flex there

Bhai us Flex se mai BBD me 30 wipro bulb order maara hu.
So i my opinions are little biased sweat_smile.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

Bhai us Flex se mai BBD me 30 wipro bulb order maara hu.
So i my opinions are little biased sweat_smile.

Diwali with Smart bulbs, nice
Care to share the story?

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
Expand
kipte.khoka wrote:

Diwali with Smart bulbs, nice
Care to share the story?

https://www.desidime.com/deals/wipro-smart-bulb...

Ek baar bhi 600 coupon nasseb nahi hua tha 😅. So I made sure I won’t need bulbs for at least another two years.
It was working on non-prime accounts also but Alexa devices were required for multiple orders. I doubt loot like this will come, recently tata Cliq multiple orders were possible but they cancelled all orders as soon as they woke up.
This Diwali sale was kinda meh from Amazon, This bulb deal and a few diamonds deals, later on, made it Lit AF.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yes .. hands down … worth every single penny ..
if u r buying regularly … like shopping/fresh/pentry
5% cashback using ICICI Amazon CC

Free shipping

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Music
Amazon Photos (Coming Soon)

So go for it …

If u r using Jio Fiber …. Amazon Primes comes free

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
shivrajsingh wrote:

At most 999, its was ok ok. But no use @ 1499. Many user including me dont use prime Video and music even once. 1499 is too much.

Exactly the good option is to stock it for next renewals. After that no renewal plz

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It depends whether you squeeze out its benefits or not. I have been prime membership since 3 years but trust me I didn’t get any benefits being a prime member. No one day delivery, no special prefer/offer for prime members. We don’t always shop products under 499Rs to get free delivery. If I have to shop under 499,I prefer flipkart as we get easily flipkart+ member without any spending, just collect 200SC. As for prime videos/music consumption, non of any app is installed in my mobile as I still prefer watching videos by downloading contents from somewhere. I would not take prime sub once it expired.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Not anymore unless for frequent Amazon shopping.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
avijeet wrote:

Yes .. hands down … worth every single penny ..
if u r buying regularly … like shopping/fresh/pentry
5% cashback using ICICI Amazon CC

Free shipping

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Music
Amazon Photos (Coming Soon)

So go for it …

If u r using Jio Fiber …. Amazon Primes comes free

I heard after one year of Jio fiber service you need to pay additional for ott service,Is it true?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
aneelg wrote:

I heard after one year of Jio fiber service you need to pay additional for ott service,Is it true?

don’t know …. even if thats true … i am ok with that ….
because currently, they are giving power-packed value …. it’s kind of too good to be true …

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
avijeet wrote:

Yes .. hands down … worth every single penny ..
if u r buying regularly … like shopping/fresh/pentry
5% cashback using ICICI Amazon CC

Free shipping

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Music
Amazon Photos (Coming Soon)

So go for it …

If u r using Jio Fiber …. Amazon Primes comes free

Don’t you think jio fibernet will increase somewhere as Amazon is going to increase from Rs 999 to Rs 1499.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

How do you stock up on renewal ? My current membership is till May 2022, can I pre-pay for renewal at current prices?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
brok47 wrote:

Exactly the good option is to stock it for next renewals. After that no renewal plz

How to stock it for renewals ?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply