Is FASTAG required only if you plan to drive across a toll gate?

234°
Deal Cadet
50
713
3

About this new FASTAG rule from 1st JAN 2021, do we still need a FASTAG if we don’t plan to drive across any toll gate?

25 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
194
6342
71

No need, but at the time of insurance renewal u need, so better take one

50
713
3
caks2006407 wrote:

No need, but at the time of insurance renewal u need, so better take one

Okay Thanks.

376
4100
52

It is now mandatory for all even if you never take the vehicle within 5 KM of a toll gate. Without it, your insurance will not be renewed.
There are lot of interest free funds involved in making fastag mandatory.

194
6342
71
panchabhut wrote:

It is now mandatory for all even if you never take the vehicle within 5 KM of a toll gate. Without it, your insurance will not be renewed.
There are lot of interest free funds involved in making fastag mandatory.

+1 Banks lobbied hard looks like
I am not able to understand security deposit for Fastag where there is no credit involved.
They could have simply made pre-paid card like without all these hassles of registration when already vehicle is registered why tag needs again registration.
And these banks and wallets made it mess

50
713
3
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

+1 Banks lobbied hard looks like
I am not able to understand security deposit for Fastag where there is no credit involved.
They could have simply made pre-paid card like without all these hassles of registration when already vehicle is registered why tag needs again registration.
And these banks and wallets made it mess

Also they say in 2 years, gps based toll collection will be introduced, so possibly we might not need these RFID based FASTAG stickers after that.

Hopefully after that they will let us covert the FASTAG balance into Amazon or Flipkart Vouchers

How India will be toll plaza free in 2 years.

https://www.rediff.com/business/report/how-indi...

20
6851
256

After reading this, i dont even plan to insure my vehicle now

50
753
6

What I read only 3rd party insurance will not be feasible without fastag. Me and most people I know normally do the comprehensive car insurance not the 3rd party insurance.

Also comprehensive car insurance is mandatory for any car, 3rd party is not mandatory. I guess we can still do without FASTag, however the indication is that this will become mandatory in near future.

Note: This is for private cars, diff rules are there for transport and commercial vehicles.

Edit: I stand corrected by panchabhut below. Ignore this comment please.

376
4100
52
Seinfeld wrote:

What I read only 3rd party insurance will not be feasible without fastag. Me and most people I know normally do the comprehensive car insurance not the 3rd party insurance.

Also comprehensive car insurance is mandatory for any car, 3rd party is not mandatory. I guess we can still do without FASTag, however the indication is that this will become mandatory in near future.

Note: This is for private cars, diff rules are there for transport and commercial vehicles.

3rd party is mandatory for all vehicles. comprehensive is not. and comprehensive insurance also includes a 3rd party insurance as part of the package.

3
2028
56
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

+1 Banks lobbied hard looks like
I am not able to understand security deposit for Fastag where there is no credit involved.
They could have simply made pre-paid card like without all these hassles of registration when already vehicle is registered why tag needs again registration.
And these banks and wallets made it mess

Banks lobbied to whom?

122
1071
11
rocker123 wrote:

After reading this, i dont even plan to insure my vehicle now

good luck to you if you ever get caught in an accident

50
753
6
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

3rd party is mandatory for all vehicles. comprehensive is not. and comprehensive insurance also includes a 3rd party insurance as part of the package.

I stand corrected bro. I was so mistaken that third party insurance is a separate thing. Just now cross checked and saw the car insurance package contains both parts. Own Damage + Third Party .

Thanks again for the added knowledge..

195
8345
26
rocker123 wrote:

After reading this, i dont even plan to insure my vehicle now

hahahaha… that was wicked bro!
✝️ Karma given!

195
8345
26
caks2006407 wrote:

No need, but at the time of insurance renewal u need, so better take one

i just renewed insurance online. it was not asked bro flushed
cc @panchabhut

194
6342
71
Expand
pingpong wrote:

i just renewed insurance online. it was not asked bro flushed
cc @panchabhut

You missed “FASTag deadline extended from January 1 to February 15” smile

195
8345
26
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

You missed “FASTag deadline extended from January 1 to February 15” smile

Yes thanks
bro in any case i think is daylight robbery isnt it? i mean someone who never intends to use toll ways, why force?

0
7982
86

Paanch gadiyon ke liye ek fastag chalega ki alag alag lene padenge??? wink toungueout

376
4100
52
vijkap201 wrote:

Paanch gadiyon ke liye ek fastag chalega ki alag alag lene padenge??? wink toungueout

One per vehicle. not even one per owner.
If you own 5 vehicle, you need 5 fastag.

376
4100
52
Expand
pingpong wrote:

Yes thanks
bro in any case i think is daylight robbery isnt it? i mean someone who never intends to use toll ways, why force?

Huge amount of funds are involved. Unless people are forced, how will they make profit. Unless they make profit, how will they donate to the political party.

0
7982
86
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

Huge amount of funds are involved. Unless people are forced, how will they make profit. Unless they make profit, how will they donate to the political party.

Matlab idhar bhi modi… sad toungueout

111
717
4
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Matlab idhar bhi modi… sad toungueout

Modi is to be blamed when we don’t want to support for progress……. We want to always stay like we are….. For change (and specially good change) we need to sacrifice a bit always…..

0
693
8
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Matlab idhar bhi modi… sad toungueout

ab to ye hal hai ki pet gas bhi ho to log Modi, Adani ya ambani ko hi jimmedar bolte hai… stuck_out_tongue

58
140
1

Minimum 200 rupees deposit to all vehicles across the country except for 2 and 3 wheelers. Imagine the kind of money government has made. It’s free money. Nobody will get it back because even if you sell the car as fastag stays with the car. Great scheme to loot money from people. I don’t understand the need for security deposit except for making money by the government.

0
5475
146

The minister said the toll amount will be deducted directly from the bank account based on the movement of vehicles. Or as needed for this and dat or other things..

WELKOME TO 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!

376
4100
52
ssgrocker wrote:

Minimum 200 rupees deposit to all vehicles across the country except for 2 and 3 wheelers. Imagine the kind of money government has made. It’s free money. Nobody will get it back because even if you sell the car as fastag stays with the car. Great scheme to loot money from people. I don’t understand the need for security deposit except for making money by the government.

The money is not even going to the Govt. It is going to the private party issuing the Fastag.

Missing