Is there any use case of having 1440p 27" monitor if I do not play games?

50°
Critic
Budhe-Baba

If I watch movies only and not play games, is it worthwhile to get 1440p 27 inch monitor? Or is 1080p 24 inch best option?

Top Comments
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Yes. The monitor will be sharper for movie watching and a bigger screen is always better..

You can notice the difference while watching 4k movies or video in 1440p vs 1080p.

I use mine for movies a lot. I have it connected to a fire stick to stream in 4k.
Even for normal work stuff 1440p will give you a lot more space to use windows side by side.

I would not suggest 1080p until you are on a very tight budget.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Buy it.... Big monitor with 2K is good then small with 1080p.... Best for movies if you don't play games imo

7 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Yes. The monitor will be sharper for movie watching and a bigger screen is always better..

You can notice the difference while watching 4k movies or video in 1440p vs 1080p.

I use mine for movies a lot. I have it connected to a fire stick to stream in 4k.
Even for normal work stuff 1440p will give you a lot more space to use windows side by side.

I would not suggest 1080p until you are on a very tight budget.

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Buy it.... Big monitor with 2K is good then small with 1080p.... Best for movies if you don't play games imo

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

In general, for all content, ideal resolutions for monitors are 1) 24inch - max 1080p 2) 27inch - max 2k 3) 32inch and above - 4k, for gaming what matters is your refresh rate/response time/ultrawide or curved/IPS or VA/HDR these days/color gamut etc etc and most importantly your PC specs..

see that your display source i.e. desktop/laptop has the power to feed 2k content for 27inch monitor

Critic Critic
Link Copied

What power to feed the monitor? I am just going to watch movies and YouTube videos. Clearly mentioned that i will not play games

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

1440p is always better than 1080p if not used for gaming watch youtube videos at 4k on a 1440p monitor u'll definitely like it over 1080p

replyuser
Click here to reply