Is uber/zomato paytm trick for credit card to bank over ?

140°
Deal Cadet
50
215
3

Now whenever i try adding money to my wallet it says you can’t add more than 10k in a month while this month i haven’t added any single rupee in my wallet.

So is it over for me or is this some glitch ?

19 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
665
4667
53

Not just this but soon every such trick is going to be stopped now after RBI direction to implement full KYC norms for all wallets too in future(next few months maybe).

50
215
3
guest_999 wrote:

Not just this but soon every such trick is going to be stopped now after RBI direction to implement full KYC norms for all wallets too in future(next few months maybe).

Can you tell me why will full kyc stop such tricks ?

665
4667
53
Expand
st303 wrote:

Can you tell me why will full kyc stop such tricks ?

Have you heard of people opening dozens of bank accounts just for tricks & offers not to mention once you open a bank acc with full kyc then you can never close that acc & open another acc in future in same bank for most cases. Also doing full kyc means wallets will have to spend more so less money for offers etc & doing too many transactions/total amount significant will bring you in income tax dept attention. Keep in mind that almost no bank nowadays has the option to add money to acc via debit card as people misused it so you can guess what will wallets do with credit cards/debit cards add money & transfer option once they become same like banks.

13
9865
143
guest_999 wrote:

Not just this but soon every such trick is going to be stopped now after RBI direction to implement full KYC norms for all wallets too in future(next few months maybe).

bhai usne kya pucha or aap kya reply de rahe ho pensive

665
4667
53
Expand
THE_Beast wrote:

bhai usne kya pucha or aap kya reply de rahe ho pensive

Bhai just telling the inevitable. For many users this uber/zomato paytm trick has stopped working & I believe in next 6-7 months all such tricks will be stopped once all wallets adopt full kyc just like banks.

50
1524
5

even i’m getting the msg when trying to add from Uber. Same error from Zomato as well.
seems Paytm is taking 30 days from the last time we added in wallet.

45
1571
10
Loveall wrote:

even i’m getting the msg when trying to add from Uber. Same error from Zomato as well.
seems Paytm is taking 30 days from the last time we added in wallet.

It is not working even after 30 days

50
1524
5
Expand
Chikky wrote:

It is not working even after 30 days

did anyone called Paytm CC to enquire?
what is the logic of some number working and not others even with full KYC.

45
1571
10
Expand
Loveall wrote:

did anyone called Paytm CC to enquire?
what is the logic of some number working and not others even with full KYC.

I didn’t. Just thinking why would they allow adding money through 3rd party app for no charges while they are charging 2% on paytm itself.
It worked so far due to the loophole but they have plugged it now… That’s it.

50
1524
5
Expand
Chikky wrote:

I didn’t. Just thinking why would they allow adding money through 3rd party app for no charges while they are charging 2% on paytm itself.
It worked so far due to the loophole but they have plugged it now… That’s it.

well, if its working for months its not loophole.
From Zomato, the msg is more clear. It says “you can’t add more than 10,000 via PayTM UPI, if you want to add wallet balance add thru debit card/UPI.”
So it is intentional for zomato and uber. Though we don’t know the rational of some users were able to add and some not. worth to talk to paytm/zomato/uber customer care.

90
729
5
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai just telling the inevitable. For many users this uber/zomato paytm trick has stopped working & I believe in next 6-7 months all such tricks will be stopped once all wallets adopt full kyc just like banks.

Paytm only have 10% full kyc customers.
Do you think they want to lose 90% of users?

665
4667
53
Expand
Apun-hi-bhagwan-hai wrote:

Paytm only have 10% full kyc customers.
Do you think they want to lose 90% of users?

Numbers matters in terms of revenue/profit per user not total no. of users. Remember the olden days of people holding 100+ sims before the 2017 aadhaar linking scare & later the shock of unlimited validity going away.

90
729
5
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Numbers matters in terms of revenue/profit per user not total no. of users. Remember the olden days of people holding 100+ sims before the 2017 aadhaar linking scare & later the shock of unlimited validity going away.

when you are a loss making company and only way to get more funding is by showing increased revenues and no. of users. They can’t afford loosing users.
So they will find any other techniques to get more user.

315
3062
110
Expand
THE_Beast wrote:

bhai usne kya pucha or aap kya reply de rahe ho pensive

He brings income tax in every thing pucho ya mat puchho 😂

665
4667
53
Expand
drupal wrote:

He brings income tax in every thing pucho ya mat puchho 😂

Better safe than sorry, baaki logon ki marji jaisa samjhe. smile

50
215
3
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Have you heard of people opening dozens of bank accounts just for tricks & offers not to mention once you open a bank acc with full kyc then you can never close that acc & open another acc in future in same bank for most cases. Also doing full kyc means wallets will have to spend more so less money for offers etc & doing too many transactions/total amount significant will bring you in income tax dept attention. Keep in mind that almost no bank nowadays has the option to add money to acc via debit card as people misused it so you can guess what will wallets do with credit cards/debit cards add money & transfer option once they become same like banks.

Thanks a lot man understood it very well now.

Seems good days are over for the near future.

50
215
3
Expand
Chikky wrote:

It is not working even after 30 days

Exactly i also thought the same first that 30 days from last transaction but it isn’t like that.

Don’t know how they are allowing some people and not allowing some.

665
4667
53
Expand
st303 wrote:

Exactly i also thought the same first that 30 days from last transaction but it isn’t like that.

Don’t know how they are allowing some people and not allowing some.

System is learning or it is adjusting itself probably, AI system need some time to analyse all the data to create an automated algorithm. In fact there is even a chance they are intentionally allowing some misuse so that system can learn from those cases by analysing the transaction pattern of those who misuse for most scenarios.

50
215
3
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

System is learning or it is adjusting itself probably, AI system need some time to analyse all the data to create an automated algorithm. In fact there is even a chance they are intentionally allowing some misuse so that system can learn from those cases by analysing the transaction pattern of those who misuse for most scenarios.

This totally seems possible.

Missing