item missing in amazon parcel

168°
Deal Cadet
52
126
1

Hi,
      I ordered 4 items from amazon. Out of those 4, miband 5
Was box opened and only charger was there. I examined main box containing 4 items , it was torn out and local taping was done from below side. I have complained since 4 days , they r saying investigation going on.  Anyone faced such issue pls guide. Thanks

14 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
1
3867
94

Yes. I also faced the same issue. I called CC, they arranged a call back with area sales manager. He said raise a complaint. And I got refund for missing item.

Good luck.

50
708
3

I once faced the same issue on a amazon delivery, the transit box was all sealed and intact but the dried apricots packet inside the box was opened.and felt some apricots were missing too. Sent them a photo and received a full refund. When I read through the other reviews the same thing has happened with some others too. The packer should not have sent it through.

23
4841
40

While accepting an order u must examine the box for any visible tampering and should not accept the delivery in case of doubt. In India, major problem is that such incidents are rare, but incidents where customers even after receiving the product start claiming that items are missing, are more.

50
708
3
aam_aadmi wrote:

While accepting an order u must examine the box for any visible tampering and should not accept the delivery in case of doubt. In India, major problem is that such incidents are rare, but incidents where customers even after receiving the product start claiming that items are missing, are more.

few times, i have received deliveries where the boxes were torn. but you could see that it has happened while handling the boxes. Mostly with pantry deliveries The products were all safe since they now use another plastic bag to seal all items inside the box. But never had any whole items missing.

148
3735
166
aam_aadmi wrote:

While accepting an order u must examine the box for any visible tampering and should not accept the delivery in case of doubt. In India, major problem is that such incidents are rare, but incidents where customers even after receiving the product start claiming that items are missing, are more.

There used to be a guy in bangalore who always delivers Amazon pantry orders. I used to purchase loot stuff via pantry.
Multiple account, multiple orders. He thought i do not have track of it.
He used to cut the tape from below, take whatever he wants and deliver the rest.
I figured out and makde complaint, they refunded the amount.
There were other orders enroute, when he again came for delivery, i saw he had already cut and put plain tape on 3 or 4 boxes. I said ill accept it.
This time, to show that he didn’t do the past ones, just a cut was made and tape applied, nothing was missing.
Hence proved, lhs=rhs.
He was the culprit.

Bottomline, if i had rejected those orders, everything would have gone back, and amz doesn’t let you place orders again for same product

4
1328
7
Expand
jitz wrote:

There used to be a guy in bangalore who always delivers Amazon pantry orders. I used to purchase loot stuff via pantry.
Multiple account, multiple orders. He thought i do not have track of it.
He used to cut the tape from below, take whatever he wants and deliver the rest.
I figured out and makde complaint, they refunded the amount.
There were other orders enroute, when he again came for delivery, i saw he had already cut and put plain tape on 3 or 4 boxes. I said ill accept it.
This time, to show that he didn’t do the past ones, just a cut was made and tape applied, nothing was missing.
Hence proved, lhs=rhs.
He was the culprit.

Bottomline, if i had rejected those orders, everything would have gone back, and amz doesn’t let you place orders again for same product

Lol, this isn’t a math problem.

You do realise that delivery guys are the last step in the chain right? The parcel passes on to many people between the seller and the customer. People only blame delivery guys because they see them working and they are the only ones in the process that interacts with the customer live, there are many people working behind the scenes. Sometimes the fraud can start from the step 1 itself, which is the seller themselves. Why? To pass on the blame and claim money from e-commerce giants that’s why.

684
12412
62

I got expired nivea products from cloudtail on sept! surprise surprise!
then they said investigation going on and told me to wait and call them 10 days later. When I called they have no idea and I demanded refund and they gave it.
But there’s a catch – if damaged/fake/old product is 500 or less they give refund. If more then 50-50 chances.

684
12412
62
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

Lol, this isn’t a math problem.

You do realise that delivery guys are the last step in the chain right? The parcel passes on to many people between the seller and the customer. People only blame delivery guys because they see them working and they are the only ones in the process that interacts with the customer live, there are many people working behind the scenes. Sometimes the fraud can start from the step 1 itself, which is the seller themselves. Why? To pass on the blame and claim money from e-commerce giants that’s why.

Yup. sometimes it’s the guy in the godown who places wrong or broken items or missed items too. But the billing is with correct details.

684
12412
62
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

few times, i have received deliveries where the boxes were torn. but you could see that it has happened while handling the boxes. Mostly with pantry deliveries The products were all safe since they now use another plastic bag to seal all items inside the box. But never had any whole items missing.

recently I received 2 packages with hole. Its like somebody is curious, looks into it, sees harpic bottle and shove it back laughing

684
12412
62
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Yes. I also faced the same issue. I called CC, they arranged a call back with area sales manager. He said raise a complaint. And I got refund for missing item.

Good luck.

what was the missing item’s price?

0
826
22

pantry packaging has definitely gone downhill since lockdown …after almost zero issues the past few years ..my last 3 orders have all had some issue or the other although nothing major (1 pasta packet missing, atta packet had a small slit, dal packet had a slit and some dal spilled inside the box, tomato puree box small leak) …didn’t bother complaining so far just put some scotch tape but hope this doesn’t continue …even jiomart guys are doing a much better job these days which is saying something wink

51
652
3
waterloo wrote:

pantry packaging has definitely gone downhill since lockdown …after almost zero issues the past few years ..my last 3 orders have all had some issue or the other although nothing major (1 pasta packet missing, atta packet had a small slit, dal packet had a slit and some dal spilled inside the box, tomato puree box small leak) …didn’t bother complaining so far just put some scotch tape but hope this doesn’t continue …even jiomart guys are doing a much better job these days which is saying something wink

lol jiomart vegetables and fruits are worst. I have stopped buying anything from jiomart. Many of the times, some products wont be delivered and recently, they started to deliver in a cardboard box, which makes it hard to find rotten vegetable n missing items in front of the guy (he just gives us the package and leave ASAP, lol)

10
6183
258
Expand
desidime__admin wrote:

lol jiomart vegetables and fruits are worst. I have stopped buying anything from jiomart. Many of the times, some products wont be delivered and recently, they started to deliver in a cardboard box, which makes it hard to find rotten vegetable n missing items in front of the guy (he just gives us the package and leave ASAP, lol)

never buy any vegetable/fruits from jiomart..it will be damaged thatz sure…
only order packet items.. smile

Missing