Looking to open a zero balance savings account, help decide

141°
Deal Cadet
The_GoodFella

As the title says, I’m looking to open a 0 balance savings a/c, but I’m confused which bank should I opt for.

Are they all the same or there are any benefits (like free lifetime debit card with no annual fee or something like that) or differences?

And I would prefer a bank (card) which generally offers more discounts during sales, across different platforms.

Kindly assist me in choosing the best option.

Expired
23 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

there’s zero balance AU Digital Savings account with chargeable Debit card. Decent enough, especially if you take advantage of the Rupay Platinum Debit card of theirs.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

fi free

jupiter free

niyox free 

equitas debit card charges (not confirmed)

au charges

Cool Cool
Link Copied

I’d suggest IndusInd Bank Easy Savings account. The customer service is excellent. Although the debit card is free, the transaction and ATM limit is Rs 10,000. There’s no limit on how much amount you can keep in your account. You can read more here https://www.indusind.com/in/en/personal/account...

The 12 digit account number usually starts with XX followed by your mobile number registered with Aadhar card (in case you would like to open the account online using Aadhar verification).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

fi free

jupiter free

niyox free 

equitas debit card charges (not confirmed)

au charges

Thank U for ur response. Are the ‘free’ ones U mentioned mean the debit card is issued free of cost OR that there are NO maintenance or other HIDDEN charges whatsoever ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

ICICI Wealth Management Account.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
freddyspops wrote:

there’s zero balance AU Digital Savings account with chargeable Debit card. Decent enough, especially if you take advantage of the Rupay Platinum Debit card of theirs.

What are the benefits of the Rupay Platinum DC?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Ransome wrote:

I’d suggest IndusInd Bank Easy Savings account. The customer service is excellent. Although the debit card is free, the transaction and ATM limit is Rs 10,000. There’s no limit on how much amount you can keep in your account. You can read more here https://www.indusind.com/in/en/personal/account...

The 12 digit account number usually starts with XX followed by your mobile number registered with Aadhar card (in case you would like to open the account online using Aadhar verification).

Thanks, will check it out.
Is the 10k limit there in IndusInd only or there’s a limit in every banks zero balance acs.?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

kotak 811.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
The_GoodFella wrote:

Thank U for ur response. Are the ‘free’ ones U mentioned mean the debit card is issued free of cost OR that there are NO maintenance or other HIDDEN charges whatsoever ?

Fi – free debit card and various offers too
Jupiter – free debit card and same offers as fi
Niyox – debit card chargeable
Don’t know about equitas and au

If you need referal for fi and Jupiter ping me blush

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
CRYPTO_LOVER wrote:

Fi – free debit card and various offers too
Jupiter – free debit card and same offers as fi
Niyox – debit card chargeable
Don’t know about equitas and au

If you need referal for fi and Jupiter ping me blush

Okay, bro. Thank you!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
maddydilip wrote:

kotak 811.

Any benefits of that over others?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
The_GoodFella wrote:

Any benefits of that over others?

No charge a whatsoever.one of the best Pvt banks out there.. You can get Credit card with no charges tru FD option.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
The_GoodFella wrote:

Thanks, will check it out.
Is the 10k limit there in IndusInd only or there’s a limit in every banks zero balance acs.?

I think it depends on the debit card variant issued by the Bank. It varies from one bank to another. You can also look at ICICI Mine Savings account if you’re eligible for it. 

A RuPay debit card is issued with IndusInd Bank Easy Savings account at no annual charges. 

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
CRYPTO_LOVER wrote:

Fi – free debit card and various offers too
Jupiter – free debit card and same offers as fi
Niyox – debit card chargeable
Don’t know about equitas and au

If you need referal for fi and Jupiter ping me blush

Fi has way better offers than Jupiter as all federal Bank offers applicable on fi but not applicable on Jupiter. However Jupiter has cashback on UPI and card..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

By Technology and charges Best is FI… PM me for referral.

But if you want reputable bank, go with IndusInd or kotak 811….. If you are under 35 then go with ICICI mine account.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

FI

NIYOX

Jupiter 

kotak 811

All Are Good 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Go with sbi

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Kotak 811
HDFC Bank

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Dinesh_Thakur wrote:

Kotak 811
HDFC Bank

Does hdfc have a zero balance option for normal a/c?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

SBI and HDFC

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

zero balance account in hdfc?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Is it completely zero charges AND zero balance account? No debit card charges or anything?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply