Made payment of 5k to old HDFC cc

103°
Shopping Friend
adrishya

I was paying my card dues and I didnt check details and paid my old moneyback card rather than the new regalia card for 5k on Amazon.

The old card is not in use and is not linked to my hdfc account either. I have been using the regalia one for more than 6 months

How do i get my money back

24 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

it will be updated in your new account, don’t worry

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

When Citi issued me new card, I kept making payment to old one, they credited automatically to the new card. Hope the same is with HDFC, you can mail them, they will do the needful

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
myfungang829 wrote:

When Citi issued me new card, I kept making payment to old one, they credited automatically to the new card. Hope the same is with HDFC, you can mail them, they will do the needful

Citi bank issuing same card number if old card expired but for other bank not same case

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It will be updated to new card automatically.

Source: personal experience

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
witty wrote:

it will be updated in your new account, don’t worry

Its an old card and not showing in my netbanking either. I last used it more than 6 – 7 months back. HDFC cc is saying its an archived card. Are u sure it will be credited?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
kapilkrazzy wrote:

It will be updated to new card automatically.

Source: personal experience

How long was ur card inactive for?

was it still showing in ur netbanking?

Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied

It will get credited to new card had similar experience.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Aapka paisa adrishya ho gaya hai.. wink

Jokes apart
Dont worry the money will be credited to your new card
If not mail them at [email protected].
Issue will be solved 100%
Dont take TENSION..
Chinta Chita Saman..

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
PappuPager wrote:

Aapka paisa adrishya ho gaya hai.. wink

Jokes apart
Dont worry the money will be credited to your new card
If not mail them at [email protected].
Issue will be solved 100%
Dont take TENSION..
Chinta Chita Saman..

haha thanks bro. If it were not a bank holiday today I would have gotten in touch with RM and asked but the payment is successful from amazon end and I usually get sms from HDFC the same time about payment received. I’m worried abt the long process to get refund if it doesn’t happen automatically

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
aiman wrote:

It will get credited to new card had similar experience.

Did it take the same time as to actual card or longer?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Smiling wrote:

Citi bank issuing same card number if old card expired but for other bank not same case

It was not same number, I had an unauthorised transaction, for which they issued a new card

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Did it take the same time as to actual card or longer?

It takes longer like 3 days, I do pay to my (1yr+) old HDFC thru friend’s CRED for scratch cards
But I can see all old cards(DinersBlack) in my HDFC account

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Its an old card and not showing in my netbanking either. I last used it more than 6 – 7 months back. HDFC cc is saying its an archived card. Are u sure it will be credited?

Yes, i still sometimes pay bill thru old hdfc credit cards(2 years) and it gets credited.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

It takes longer like 3 days, I do pay to my (1yr+) old HDFC thru friend’s CRED for scratch cards
But I can see all old cards(DinersBlack) in my HDFC account

oh I actually removed card from my account. I hope it doesnt cause a problem pensive

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
witty wrote:

Yes, i still sometimes pay bill thru old hdfc credit cards(2 years) and it gets credited.

Are those cards showing in ur netbanking?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

It will get credited, if its same card account. Have been paying like this fr years

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Payment to Old Hdfc CC still not credited. But payment to Current Card credited instantly. Used Paytm for both transactions. cry

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Stallion wrote:

Payment to Old Hdfc CC still not credited. But payment to Current Card credited instantly. Used Paytm for both transactions. cry

If you pay old account.It will take 3-4 days to get credited in new account. Personal experience.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Stallion wrote:

Payment to Old Hdfc CC still not credited. But payment to Current Card credited instantly. Used Paytm for both transactions. cry

I am doing it for past one year without any issues only difference is there will be some delay in posting.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I did the same once but checked and within 10 mins balance was credited to my card acc. The thing is whatever card is issued to a customer it stays there at backend forever. RBI has allowed 10 years period for same. In case any fraud happened 10 yrs ago can be made to frame changes against the holder of card. The only thing is if you enter old card details while transacting it will give you otp but txn will fail. So I have experienced it like 2-3 yrs ago.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desiviru wrote:

I did the same once but checked and within 10 mins balance was credited to my card acc. The thing is whatever card is issued to a customer it stays there at backend forever. RBI has allowed 10 years period for same. In case any fraud happened 10 yrs ago can be made to frame changes against the holder of card. The only thing is if you enter old card details while transacting it will give you otp but txn will fail. So I have experienced it like 2-3 yrs ago.

yes

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Archived cards can be used as redirection to the new cards, experienced this with icici and kotak.

Missing