Need Help

187°
Like Magnet
_rocky
im looking to buy kindle and getting it at loot price from one of  olx seller but the problem is he is from tapovan rishikesh and I'm from Lucknow.

Can anyone give idea or suggestions what one can do in such scenario i know its not a good idea to trade with person living so far but i can't miss the deal as  getting it at loot price even after paying 400 500rs extra for shipping from my side

The distance is approx 540km b/w me and seller
Top Comments
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Just asking -

What's special in Kindle which is just for reading books?

One can get a decent tablet in this Price.

Rest buying from olx is risky in your case. If seller agrees on full payment after u receive parcel then it's okay.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
Main thing is battery life it last for weeks with a single charge
And display it don't cause strain to eyes different from other display
And mostly books are available for kindle so you can almost access any book anytime from your kindle
20 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
That was paperwhite edition I'm looking for oasis
View 2 more replies
Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied

Just curious, how are you going to check that the device is in a usable condition? Will it be a 'too good to be true' situation ?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Just asking -

What's special in Kindle which is just for reading books?

One can get a decent tablet in this Price.

Rest buying from olx is risky in your case. If seller agrees on full payment after u receive parcel then it's okay.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
screen quality is diff
View 10 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
You yourselves gave the answer, when you mentioned that you are ready to pay for insurance and shipping too.

Many here or in your circle might have a running account with cargo carriers like FedEx, DHL India (the thirdclass Bluedart), Aramex or can even rely on other cargo carriers who can pickup from the sellers premises.

The rates for walk-ins versus regular (existing account) customers are very different with these cargo movers, hence I suggested to use someone's account, else normal walk-in clients too can request pick-up.

For product inspection, escrow account or direct product shipment/fund transfer (in good faith).. both (seller and buyer) will have to take the call (as to to who takes the risk) or where to find a mediator to create the escrow account.

Rishikesh is popular with many people. Maybe someone you know might be visiting it. They can check the unit and speedpost it from there.

Else if the unique ID of the device can first be cross checked with Amazon (if it ever had repairs or was a replacement unut).. then you can bear 50% of the risk and seller bears 50%. You transfer half the amount in advance (after conference call with Amazon-buyer-seller.. to check the status of that Device ID and seller shows you the device on video call).
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If the deal is too good to be true it probably isn't.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Don't go this route. Scams are even happening in broad daylight that too in same city now a days and here you are talking about 500kms.

You will never be able to restore Your faith in Humanity. sweat

replyuser
Click here to reply