need help

210°
Deal Newbie
dhruvjan21
I am currently suffering from cyber fraud and believe me i am one those guys who are really concern about privacy but this time looks like my greed caught me

CASE1:-
So, i recently checking my limit on flipkart axis cc through their app and i saw a transaction of 5k on the name of payzapp wallet,Mumbai on 28 feb. Well i use payzapp but i never used that card on payzapp

CASE2:-
I got an otp from sbi cashback cc for again 5k from again from payzapp wallet but came on 12 march but luckily that i had low limit

CASE3:-
I got a otp on my axis ace cc same as case2 only is this it was of 8k and it was on 13 march

Similarities :-
1. All the above transacted cards are linked with different mail ids and phone number and the gmail acess is shared by me and my family member (who doesn't even know what is gmail) + cred and mobikwik only.

2. That someone definitely has access of my mail ids messages because axis always leave a debit transaction mail on the mail but not very time otps and he permanently deleted all those otp and transaction showing mails

Look i really don't know how to and where to report and how avoid these transactions. Also, i really wanted to know can get my money back
Top Comments
Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

I am always skeptical about sharing email access to Mobikwik ( same goes with Cred but it has built reliability over the years ,who knows what future holds)  but I doubt such level of fraudulent activities would be even carried by Mobikwik

Just to be assured for now, first & foremost priority would be for every card that you posses , do switch off online transactions for now from app/web settings(whatever applicable)

If the transactions are already processed do try to figure from statements & banks where these amounts are being utilized or transferred to

Raise a concern of fraudulent activities with the respective CC departments on respective banks  

Best would be block your existing cards & get a new ones with different card number

It would be more helpful to suggest appropriate action provided I was more clear from what I understood or perhaps more detail added in the topic 

Step 1:Call customer care to block your card
Step 2:Collect all the information related to the online fraud
Step 3: Register a written complaint with the cybercrime cell – online or offline
Step 4: Register a cybercrime FIR at your nearest police station

Like stated above report to Bank & Cyber crime

Note - As per the RBI, if online fraud takes place due to third-party involvement such as malware sites, public Wi-Fi, or ATM scammers where neither the customer nor the bank is involved, the customer needs to inform the financial institution within 72 hours to avoid any financial liability.

However, if the fraud happens due to the negligence of the card user, such as sharing the password, card details, etc. then the card user has to bear the loss incurred until the issuer is informed. Further, in case of fraudulent transactions without the fault of the bank or the card user, there are specific timelines for reporting the unauthorized transaction and the card user’s liability varies accordingly. Also, the customer is required to adhere to the issuer’s policy regarding such fraudulent transactions.

In most fraud incidences, the unauthorized transaction amount is reversed to the customer’s account within 10 days of the reporting or up to 90 days in some cases depending on the bank’s policy and the nature of the case.

👮 

Generous Generous
Link Copied

1. Disable your cards ASAP.

2. Change Gmail passwords, Enable 2FA.

3. Remove the Gmail access from the cred and mobikwik. (Logout from everywhere.)

4. Scan everyone's phone for the vulnerability or suspicious apps installed.

5. Make sure everyone has screen lock on their phones.

6. Request a replacement cards.

7. Lodge Cyber Crime complaint and wait for their actions.

24 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Report to respective card issuer's and cyber crime online. They will help

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

https://myaccount.google.com/se...ty

check sessions listed in the my devices to understand if your account is being accessed from anywhere except your recognised devices

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Already checked got nothing

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

I am always skeptical about sharing email access to Mobikwik ( same goes with Cred but it has built reliability over the years ,who knows what future holds)  but I doubt such level of fraudulent activities would be even carried by Mobikwik

Just to be assured for now, first & foremost priority would be for every card that you posses , do switch off online transactions for now from app/web settings(whatever applicable)

If the transactions are already processed do try to figure from statements & banks where these amounts are being utilized or transferred to

Raise a concern of fraudulent activities with the respective CC departments on respective banks  

Best would be block your existing cards & get a new ones with different card number

It would be more helpful to suggest appropriate action provided I was more clear from what I understood or perhaps more detail added in the topic 

Step 1:Call customer care to block your card
Step 2:Collect all the information related to the online fraud
Step 3: Register a written complaint with the cybercrime cell – online or offline
Step 4: Register a cybercrime FIR at your nearest police station

Like stated above report to Bank & Cyber crime

Note - As per the RBI, if online fraud takes place due to third-party involvement such as malware sites, public Wi-Fi, or ATM scammers where neither the customer nor the bank is involved, the customer needs to inform the financial institution within 72 hours to avoid any financial liability.

However, if the fraud happens due to the negligence of the card user, such as sharing the password, card details, etc. then the card user has to bear the loss incurred until the issuer is informed. Further, in case of fraudulent transactions without the fault of the bank or the card user, there are specific timelines for reporting the unauthorized transaction and the card user’s liability varies accordingly. Also, the customer is required to adhere to the issuer’s policy regarding such fraudulent transactions.

In most fraud incidences, the unauthorized transaction amount is reversed to the customer’s account within 10 days of the reporting or up to 90 days in some cases depending on the bank’s policy and the nature of the case.

👮 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My major concern is from where the hell he is getting excat cc details any thought on that

View 1 more reply
Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

First block the card for online transaction

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Mobidick can go upto any extent. 

Generous Generous
Link Copied

1. Disable your cards ASAP.

2. Change Gmail passwords, Enable 2FA.

3. Remove the Gmail access from the cred and mobikwik. (Logout from everywhere.)

4. Scan everyone's phone for the vulnerability or suspicious apps installed.

5. Make sure everyone has screen lock on their phones.

6. Request a replacement cards.

7. Lodge Cyber Crime complaint and wait for their actions.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

How come this is possible o.O

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

So how much total fraud?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

5k + 8k

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

what apps u have installed on ur phone? who do you mean by "greed cought me"?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I was referring to mobikwik

View 1 more reply
Flame Flame
Link Copied

Kindly keep us updated on this. 

"All the above transacted cards are linked with different mail ids", This is new for me, generally people tend to use same email account for all banks.

"gmail acess is shared by me and my family member" : You have shared your email password with family members as well? Gmail password should never be shared with anyone.  It might be possible that your parents may have been tricked into sharing their password with fraudsters.

Have you stored all your card details in excel or google sheet ( Many people tend to do so)? Someone might have accessed that file and now they have your every single detail.  Also, I hope `you have not wrote those details on any paper and then kept in your wallet. 

Check all family member phones for any loan app or other kind of suspicious app. Check if your PC has any kind of spyware. 

It might be also possible that fraudster is a close relative or a close relative's kid who might have just done it for fun. 

Do you keep your google accounts logged in into every phone and laptop in your home or only in your personal devices. Do you remember if you recently logged in into your gmail account in someone's else phone. 

Please must report this incident to police and keep us updated on the same. 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
No, i didn't share passwords. i not even share upi pin to my parents
I have saved my cards photos in samsung gallery only
View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What is the novel idea behind maintaining different email IDs and different phone numbers for each card ?

Okay, different phone number is justified, if you want your parent use the card at your absence. Again ,they don't know how to use gmail. So I am guessing they aren't comfortable at using credit cards either.

Why have you made raita for contact details?

Create separate mail ids for parents and take access in your phone as well. Don't share your email access with them.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
So, once upon a time me and my CA had session on credit cards he informed me that the money rotation i am soon gonna attract itr notices. So, he suggested use different identities to decrease the chance of getting itr notice 

My parents don't use cards
View 3 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply