Hot Deal Need advice for buying car around 8 lacs

343°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61

I’m in market for petrol car.

Budget is around 8 Lacs.

This will be my first car.

Usage will be less/moderate in city and occasional trips.

No special requirement like Compact SUV or Hatchback or Sedan.

I live in not so big city, dealers and service centers of Maruti, Hyundai, Nexa, Tata, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Mahindra, Datsun available.

Safety and after sale service is priority. I can compromise little on Milage, Looks and features.

Dzire is good but I’m worried for built quality and Safety. I’m ignoring Baleno for poor reviews regarding Built Quality.

Ford Aspire looked good and dealer is offering 75k discount on June manufactured model but I don’t see good future for Ford due to very less sales.

Considering i20 Sports and Xcent. Xcent is getting disconnected and getting relaunched as Aura. Hyundai has reduced Ex Showroom price greatly.

Also considering Nexon. But I’m worried about after sale support of Tata plus mileage is considerably lower.

Honda Amaze seems okay but feel its little overpriced just because of Honda name. After sale service will be relatively costly it seems.

Considering December month, Auto slowdown and BS6 transition, offers seems less then they should be.

Any sort of Advice will greatly help.

I’m okay for second car too but since city is small, not much choices available.

69 Comments  |  
37 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
55
156
3

Go For Baleno Zeta, Perfect For your Budget. Built Quality is not that poor it just more hyped.

Missing
Deal Cadet
5
408
4

Ford and Tata should be on your mind. To some extent, Toyota if you are buying a used Corolla or Yaris.
Nexon is the best pick in the budget you have mentioned and Tata has improved considerably in the service department.

Missing
Deal Subedar
51
1031
6

Go for maruti car only..less problems , less servicing and spares parts cost, easy availability of spares , if you go for higher cc cars, insurance premium will also be high…
My suggestion will be MS Swift considering your usage and non concern about looks of vehicle

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
421
28

ford ecosport or ford freestyle or maruti swift. depending on your budget. ask for discount as its year end. bargain a lot on prices. get insurance from policybazaar. dont pay anything extra to dealer apart from vehicle cost & RTO fees.

dont worry about ford’s exit from india. ford has partnered with mahindra & in coming days ford vehicles will come with mahindra engines & service. better to buy existing ford stock as these engines are better than mahindra ones. you can get good resale too.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
promocode wrote:

Go For Baleno Zeta, Perfect For your Budget. Built Quality is not that poor it just more hyped.

Will recheck again about Baleno. I liked the car in all aspects other than build and safety. Could have already bought it if ‘Tin can’ image is not there.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
pentiumd wrote:

ford ecosport or ford freestyle or maruti swift. depending on your budget. ask for discount as its year end. bargain a lot on prices. get insurance from policybazaar. dont pay anything extra to dealer apart from vehicle cost & RTO fees.

dont worry about ford’s exit from india. ford has partnered with mahindra & in coming days ford vehicles will come with mahindra engines & service. better to buy existing ford stock as these engines are better than mahindra ones. you can get good resale too.

How’s Ford’s Petrol engines? For Diesel they are very good. News of their stake sale along with mixed reviews about their new petrol engine made me drop idea for Aspire. Will check freestyle.

Missing
Deal Subedar
51
1031
6
Expand
humanearth wrote:

How’s Ford’s Petrol engines? For Diesel they are very good. News of their stake sale along with mixed reviews about their new petrol engine made me drop idea for Aspire. Will check freestyle.

Also go for zero Depreciation insurance plans for 3 years after vehicle purchase…
For Ford I would say no…as sometimes their spare parts are not available and it takes time…
You may choose Hyundai venue also..

Missing
Deal Cadet
82
617
6
suman1520 wrote:

Go for maruti car only..less problems , less servicing and spares parts cost, easy availability of spares , if you go for higher cc cars, insurance premium will also be high…
My suggestion will be MS Swift considering your usage and non concern about looks of vehicle

Buy only Maruti cars since your are looking for economy price tag.
If you can stretch little bit, go for Ertiga. Your luggage would be inside and easy to take out any item while driving with family. It can also carry 5 adulys +2 children.
You can use this as mini caravan when you go out (by folding the last seat and children can sleep comfortably.)

PS:
Always buy petrol cars, less noise, no diesel smell. Less maintenance.
Always buy popular models (best selling models).
Do not buy just released models. They will have many bugs. You will be the guinia pig for the company. Always buy the car after 3 years of first release. If the sales are not good, company will stop the production of the car after three years.
Higher the revision of the model, less bugs (bugs would have been resolved already).

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
Expand
suman1520 wrote:

After sales service

Oh, stupid me. Thought really hard but couldn’t figure out grinning

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1813
56

How about stretching the budget a bit and getting Hyundai Venue?

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
56
0

Go for newly launched Tata Altroz, i am too waiting for its AMT Variant

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
270
4

I recently bought i20 magna
Tested product
Good resale value
And no compromise with build quality

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
198
0

First you need to decide between Petrol and Diesel. For Petrol I would suggest Nexon or Freestyle. I drove a friend’s Freestyle and was pretty impressed by the engine. It is not as refined as 4 pot motors by MS, Hyundai but good performance and mileage wise. It doesn’t have the build quality of earlier Ford Figo but not too bad also. Nexon being turbo petrol is a fun to drive car and probably is the safest car right now in India in that segment.
For Diesel there are too many options like Nexon, Polo, Freestyle/Figo/Aspire, Altroz, etc. All of these cars have excellent torquey engines and good mileage. Altroz looks very promising in Diesel.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

first car of middle class families should only be Hyundai or Maruti.. consider only these two companies if I u belong to this category

Missing
Entertainer
22
2168
27
Expand
cocay wrote:

Oh, stupid me. Thought really hard but couldn’t figure out grinning

Only “thought hard”?🥺🤔 Or…..

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
198
0
rahulrnjan94779 wrote:

Go for newly launched Tata Altroz, i am too waiting for its AMT Variant

It won’t have an AMT but most probably DCT

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
element_guy wrote:

First you need to decide between Petrol and Diesel. For Petrol I would suggest Nexon or Freestyle. I drove a friend’s Freestyle and was pretty impressed by the engine. It is not as refined as 4 pot motors by MS, Hyundai but good performance and mileage wise. It doesn’t have the build quality of earlier Ford Figo but not too bad also. Nexon being turbo petrol is a fun to drive car and probably is the safest car right now in India in that segment.
For Diesel there are too many options like Nexon, Polo, Freestyle/Figo/Aspire, Altroz, etc. All of these cars have excellent torquey engines and good mileage. Altroz looks very promising in Diesel.

As I have written in my initial post, I want petrol car since usage will be moderate or low.
Thanks for suggestions.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
Expand
element_guy wrote:

It won’t have an AMT but most probably DCT

Yes. DCT is good but it will take time. Tata is announcing price of Altroz in January / February. Engine is normal 3 cylinder for Petrol.

Automatic will take at least 6 more months.

Though I’m considering waiting for Aura by Hyundai, which will replace Xcent.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
devil.9091 wrote:

first car of middle class families should only be Hyundai or Maruti.. consider only these two companies if I u belong to this category

Reason for Only Maruti or Hyundai as first car?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
mas143forever wrote:

How about stretching the budget a bit and getting Hyundai Venue?

Venue is good, but more inclined for Nexon if I decide for small SUV because I love Nexon for it’s looks and built. Plus it’s reasonably priced.
Venue no doubt has much more advanced feathers but I’m not much into smart feathers for first car.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
1,581
3234
31

You should consider the recently announced Tata Altroz.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
shoaibmax wrote:

You should consider the recently announced Tata Altroz.

Considered but I don’t know why Tata is delaying price announcement when pre booking is open.

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
198
0

Yes DCT will take time to launch. Not sure why has Tata not learnt from the mistake they made by not launching Harrier in Automatic at launch.
Petrol engine in Altroz is a slightly modified version of Tiago’s engine with dual VVT and better compression ratio. Some reviewers said they may also launch 1.2 Turbo-Petrol variant of Altroz later. Nexon’s engines with same tuning on Altroz would have made it a real hot-hatch.
Venue and XUV300 have good Turbo-petrols but will be above your budget.
Did you TD Ford’s new Petrol in Figo/Freestyle/Aspire ? How about Tiago/Tigor JTP ?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
540
3466
61
element_guy wrote:

Yes DCT will take time to launch. Not sure why has Tata not learnt from the mistake they made by not launching Harrier in Automatic at launch.
Petrol engine in Altroz is a slightly modified version of Tiago’s engine with dual VVT and better compression ratio. Some reviewers said they may also launch 1.2 Turbo-Petrol variant of Altroz later. Nexon’s engines with same tuning on Altroz would have made it a real hot-hatch.
Venue and XUV300 have good Turbo-petrols but will be above your budget.
Did you TD Ford’s new Petrol in Figo/Freestyle/Aspire ? How about Tiago/Tigor JTP ?

Budget can be stretched upto 10 lac but i don’t want to spend more in car.

Tigor Tiago JTP not checked. Are they good? Tigor not buying since sales are low so worried for tata after sales service in future for Tigor.

Missing