Need help please regarding bank transfer (issue resolved guys Thanks Great community )

135°
Deal Cadet
162
428
3

I mistakenly did imps txn of 50k to Right a/c no. And wrong ifsc, Is it possible that same account number exist in diff branches of same bank.
Can anyone help me with this how I can get my money back cry

32 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
177
856
7

Which bank? Generally account numbers are unique for every branch and they can’t issue same account numbers for other branches.

Even provided wrong IFSC code, amount may be transferred to right account.
Sometimes its failed and refunded.

674
5258
57

No two bank acc have same account number(full 10/11/16 digits etc & not last 4-6 digits) anywhere in India. @rogerthat should be able to confirm this.

413
10749
79

It can’t be same dude… Afaik the first digits related to bank branch

277
5889
98

By the end of the day the money will revert back. At least this is what happened with me.

162
428
3
rsai01 wrote:

By the end of the day the money will revert back. At least this is what happened with me.

I’ve raised complaint and they said it will take upto 35 days, let’s see what happens.

162
428
3
rohit_agarwal wrote:

Which bank? Generally account numbers are unique for every branch and they can’t issue same account numbers for other branches.

Even provided wrong IFSC code, amount may be transferred to right account.
Sometimes its failed and refunded.

Bank of hyderabad converted to SBI

50
54
0
Expand
Blackarch wrote:

I’ve raised complaint and they said it will take upto 35 days, let’s see what happens.

You will get your money back. Need not to worry.

162
428
3
Expand
and987 wrote:

You will get your money back. Need not to worry.

Hope so, thnx for words🤞

65
1494
7

Forget 35 days. Your money will most probably be reversed within next week. grinning Or maybe today. Since it’s IMPS.

476
4370
52

For all major banks like ICICI, Axis etc, the Acct No. is unique and works with any valid IFSC code of the bank i.e. code of any functional Branch. So as long as the first four digits are proper, amount gets credited to the right account even if the remaining digits are of a different branch.
First check the target account to find if the money has been credited or not.

162
428
3
panchabhut wrote:

For all major banks like ICICI, Axis etc, the Acct No. is unique and works with any valid IFSC code of the bank i.e. code of any functional Branch. So as long as the first four digits are proper, amount gets credited to the right account even if the remaining digits are of a different branch.
First check the target account to find if the money has been credited or not.

Target bank is SBI in Andhra, I’m in maharashtra. Their branch phone not working

162
428
3
ZNZ wrote:

Forget 35 days. Your money will most probably be reversed within next week. grinning Or maybe today. Since it’s IMPS.

And what if it’s successful txn with same account number and diff ifsc unamused

476
4370
52
Expand
Blackarch wrote:

Target bank is SBI in Andhra, I’m in maharashtra. Their branch phone not working

talk to the account holder. he must be having online access.

162
428
3
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

talk to the account holder. he must be having online access.

How would I know who’s he? I just know account number.. And may be ac number is exist or not neutral_face

476
4370
52
Expand
Blackarch wrote:

How would I know who’s he? I just know account number.. And may be ac number is exist or not neutral_face

you decided to transfer money to someone’s account without even knowing who that person is??

162
428
3
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

you transferred money to someone’s account without even knowing who that person is??

No no, transferred to one person but put ifsc wrong and still money debited so where they gone how to check?

476
4370
52
Expand
Blackarch wrote:

No no, transferred to one person but put ifsc wrong and still money debited so where they gone how to check?

ask the person you originally intended to transfer, to check account online and confirm whether amt credited or not.

162
428
3
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

ask the person you originally intended to transfer, to check account online and confirm whether amt credited or not.

Checked that not credited

162
428
3
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

it can take upto 4 hrs to reflect.

Okay will wait and update if anything happens. Thanks sir.

371
1039
67

it will be back by evening or next day

70
239
9

Pehle 10 rupay se texting kro fir baaki paise bhejo agar emergency na ho tohh

162
428
3
BabuBhaiii wrote:

Pehle 10 rupay se texting kro fir baaki paise bhejo agar emergency na ho tohh

Ha babu bhai abhi to khud pe hi shak hone laga

63
122
4

Pro tip – First send a small amount to confirm.
Then ALWAYS COPY & PASTE the same information. NEVER type it.

2
2243
10

First Four digits are Home Branch Code ,
Don’t worry ur money is safe .

4,466
80
4

Ifsc does not matter in todays world bro
If u need more info pm me

674
5258
57
Expand
Blackarch wrote:

I’ve raised complaint and they said it will take upto 35 days, let’s see what happens.

For failed IMPS transactions it has to reversed by bank with 24 hours else RBI levy a fine of Rs.100 per day on the sender’s bank.

162
428
3

Anyways Thank you so much guys for your help.
my amount is credited at receivers end blush

122
474
8
Blackarch wrote:

Anyways Thank you so much guys for your help.
my amount is credited at receivers end blush

In SBI account it’s not necessary that IFSC code should match with tha branch but it should be of any SBI branch
by default they only match account number

Missing