Need help with UPI Transaction Refund

43°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
48
0

So hear me out, I was trying to purchase an app from the google play via PAYTM UPI. Amount was Rs 80. So as I went on with the transaction, I got the request for money on PAYTM app. But instead of accepting it I accidentally cancelled it. And the transaction failed on Google Play.

Now instead of redoing the whole process again, I thought ,don’t know under the influence of what idea, that I should just send Rs 80 to the Google Play UPI ID by myself and by some miracle transaction should get successful. Foolish me.

So instead of that, Rs 80 got deducted from my bank account without any transaction being successfull.

So I contacted Google Play Support as one would but they cannot help me with this. Which upon some thought seems right as that transaction is not linked to Google Play  Profile or in fact to any Google Play Profile on the planet.

It is just some random transaction traversing through the statements of Google play’s Axis Bank.

As Google Play cannot help, they redirected me to Google Pay customer care and as the transaction is not done on Google Pay they can’t help either. And the central piece around this PAYTM customer care is being PAYTM customer care.

They are saying to contact the bank. I am not able to find any online website for that. Only thing that appears is call the home branch which I am reluctant to.

So what should I do to reverse this transaction. There seems to be no place either for raising a UPI Chargeback. Is calling the bank only option. And will they accept my plea. Please help. It’s also quite an old transaction. (In may 2020).

10 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
362
1529
14

Most merchants reverse payments received by them automatically that are not linked to a successful transaction ID.

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8455
129

contact your bank and file a UPI Chargeback.

but first check your bank account Google Play auto refund you money, if order not placed.

also contact @ UPI_NPCI in twitter : https://twitter.com/UP...CI

now a days NPCI also start accepting UPI chargeback request.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
48
0

@just_asim @igen @abhishek012 I checked my statement from May but there was no refund issued.

I raised a complaint on BHIMUPI website you linked to. They registered the complaint but i am still waiting for the resolution.

Also does BHIMUPI will be able to help with PAYTM transaction? I earlier found this site but thought they will provide support only for BHIM app.

Let’s see what happens. Thanks guys for helping me out.

Missing
Deal Cadet
136
778
3
TestV wrote:

@just_asim @igen @abhishek012 I checked my statement from May but there was no refund issued.

I raised a complaint on BHIMUPI website you linked to. They registered the complaint but i am still waiting for the resolution.

Also does BHIMUPI will be able to help with PAYTM transaction? I earlier found this site but thought they will provide support only for BHIM app.

Let’s see what happens. Thanks guys for helping me out.

Yes they do help in case of UPI payments regardless of the platform where you did the transaction, just hope that you mentioned the correct UPI reference for the transaction, they are central body for all UPI transaction.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
48
0
Expand
just_asim wrote:

Yes they do help in case of UPI payments regardless of the platform where you did the transaction, just hope that you mentioned the correct UPI reference for the transaction, they are central body for all UPI transaction.

I mentioned the correct UPI Reference Id with 12 digits. But some other fields were comfusing.
Like I have selected Problem with P2P UPI transaction instead of P2M as I thought that makes more sense. Also I chose Amount wrongly transferred to another bank account as that one looks most appropriate.
Let’s see what happens. Do you know how much time it generally takes for getting the response.

Missing
Deal Cadet
136
778
3
Expand
TestV wrote:

I mentioned the correct UPI Reference Id with 12 digits. But some other fields were comfusing.
Like I have selected Problem with P2P UPI transaction instead of P2M as I thought that makes more sense. Also I chose Amount wrongly transferred to another bank account as that one looks most appropriate.
Let’s see what happens. Do you know how much time it generally takes for getting the response.

They usually take 7-15 days in normal working conditions, I haven’t raised any complaints after COVID19 so can’t actually comment on the current turnaround.

Missing
Deal Cadet
53
184
2

Did you got the refund? Mine 1500 also stuck in upi dark well.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
48
0
neohelp wrote:

Did you got the refund? Mine 1500 also stuck in upi dark well.

No man, Twitter Supporr said contact the bank. Email support haven’t replied beyond confirmation email (that we have registered the complain). I tried contacting the bank but couldn’t find a way to talk to support executive. Only option I see is to directly call regional manager, but I don’t know if he will be able to help.

Missing