Niki electricity bill stuck(status pending at operator) & due date is tomorrow

157°
674
5258
57

I made a payment on niki for electricity bill & payment was successful but the status went to “pending at operator” & 24 hours later it is still stuck at same status. Bill amount is 5k+ so late payment fee will be ~100 so should I make another payment & hope that this one will be cancelled. Suppose if this transaction too is successfully cleared by niki after due date then what to do,ask for refund from niki or just let it consider as advance payment of next electricity bill. Please suggest fast as due date is tomorrow.

update: utility service provider site has print receipt option which shows amount received & trying to pay the same bill via amazon gives msg biller has already received the payment.So keep checking service provider site for update(& amazon bill pay option) & don’t just rely on niki update.

14 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
96
2084
12

Same exact happened with me but amount is little bit low but anyway it shows pending at operator end till one week. Then it succeeded. So if everything is correct, it will surely succeed but I doubt about the late fine. Anyway Niki will not responsible for late processing

1
10081
68

Check your bill status with operator itself they might have received the payment but niki might have not received the update from them.

674
5258
57

Just checked uppcl site print receipt option & it is showing payment received today. smile

294
6877
72
guest_999 wrote:

Just checked uppcl site print receipt option & it is showing payment received today. smile

Or another way is try to pay thru Amazon or Paytm to know status.

13
9870
143
guest_999 wrote:

Just checked uppcl site print receipt option & it is showing payment received today. smile

normally niki takes around 3-4 days to show status of successfull. but it goes thru within 1 day.

674
5258
57
Expand
THE_Beast wrote:

normally niki takes around 3-4 days to show status of successfull. but it goes thru within 1 day.

Last 2 electricity bill payments got successful status within 5-10 minutes though as shown by niki whatsapp confirmation message.

18
288
35

niki operated through mobikwik then bbps now it operates through think walnut.i think “thinkwalnut” employees are now manually going to counter for our bills laughing laughing as they dont know how to proceed online

129
145
1
ebigboss wrote:

niki operated through mobikwik then bbps now it operates through think walnut.i think “thinkwalnut” employees are now manually going to counter for our bills laughing laughing as they dont know how to proceed online

What are i trying to say?

2,570
1081
15

Niki is a shit app ,i paid bill on 4/2 till nownot updated and niki shows successful from their end.
*don’t pay electricity bills from niki if u are in hurry.

18
288
35

i said niki itself dont have any bill paying services it gives all our bills to third party

674
5258
57
COUNTSTOP wrote:

Niki is a shit app ,i paid bill on 4/2 till nownot updated and niki shows successful from their end.
*don’t pay electricity bills from niki if u are in hurry.

Don’t rely on niki status update,always check with service provider website(bill status or print receipt option) or try to pay the same bill with amazon or paytm(they should show bill already paid if payment received by service provider). My bill status also still showing pending at operator but on service provider website print receipt option & amazon it shows payment received/bill paid.

674
5258
57
ebigboss wrote:

niki operated through mobikwik then bbps now it operates through think walnut.i think “thinkwalnut” employees are now manually going to counter for our bills laughing laughing as they dont know how to proceed online

As far as I know BBPS is the only system that provides bill payment options for all supported utility service providers in India. Mobikwik,paytm,walnut,amazon etc all are just different payment gateways using BBPS just like upi is the system while various upi apps perform differently.

10
10758
71

Payment successful ho gya hoga apke Biller ke paas check krlo niki par kabhi kabhi ho jata hai aisaa but payment withing 24-48hrs confirm ho jata hai status pending he show karega

1
10081
68
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

As far as I know BBPS is the only system that provides bill payment options for all supported utility service providers in India. Mobikwik,paytm,walnut,amazon etc all are just different payment gateways using BBPS just like upi is the system while various upi apps perform differently.

Yes for majority of operators bill payments BBPS is the service provider.

Missing