Hot Deal

onecard scam, be alert friends

722°
Deal Newbie
kannu.rider304

I got a bill of ₹40347 on November 1 which I need to pay by 18th. I paid 38847 via cred (got some cb too due to cb cards) and did 2 referral in cred  which gave me 1500 rs as Cashback but onecard consider this Cashback as refund and now they incurred interest charges in this month statement.

What should I do in this case?
They consider cred cb as refund and they don’t consider refund as repayment. I paid more than the bill amount still I got late payment charges.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/726035/medium/IMG_20211203_195752.jpg?1638550342 https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/726037/medium/IMG-20211203-WA0011.jpg?1638550373
Please someone guide me what to do in this case?





Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
54 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I have complained to onecard team, let’s see what happens.
Also guide me if anyone of have similar experience

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

must be their technical issue;How CRED CB is refund; where is the corresponding order thru onecard?
their software is dumb;
They will reverse, else complain to RBI, u will surely win
But keep paying bills as per stmt generated till issue is resolved else another headache

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
akki.akki wrote:

@xxxyyyzzz be careful

Bhai mere referral se aaj tak kisi ne cred sign up nahi kia sweat_smile.

I only use onecard for rookie 200-250 rs swiggy loot payments. But Yes, gotta be careful if they add stupid fines.
My bill generates on 15th, will clear used amount before bill generates.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

must be their technical issue;How CRED CB is refund; where is the corresponding order thru onecard?
their software is dumb;
They will reverse, else complain to RBI, u will surely win
But keep paying bills as per stmt generated till issue is resolved else another headache

It has been like this from the start. Users are ignorant not to check full payment status which clearly shows on the front page of the app.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

@kannu.rider304
Which bank issued you one card?
Did you complain directly to issuing bank or onecard 🤔

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

must be their technical issue;How CRED CB is refund; where is the corresponding order thru onecard?
their software is dumb;
They will reverse, else complain to RBI, u will surely win
But keep paying bills as per stmt generated till issue is resolved else another headache

Ya I mentioned the same in my complaint, they reply in 24 hrs let’s see what their team says

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
pikkuboss wrote:

It has been like this from the start. Users are ignorant not to check full payment status which clearly shows on the front page of the app.

There was no outstanding amount bro, my full limit was available

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

We have received merchant credit refund on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XX7019 for INR 1089.4 on November 16, 2021 from EASE MY TRIP.

We wish to inform you that this refund will not be considered as payment.

I get this email from icici in case of refund, 2nd line i highlighted irks me so to be on safer side i overpay usually.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

HDFC seems to treat all refunds as repayments, right?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

We have received merchant credit refund on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XX7019 for INR 1089.4 on November 16, 2021 from EASE MY TRIP.

We wish to inform you that this refund will not be considered as payment.

I get this email from icici in case of refund, 2nd line i highlighted irks me so to be on safer side i overpay usually.

But cred cb is not refund for any transaction, also in other bank it is counted as payment. Not as refund

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

It is counted as payment on all other cards

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
raset wrote:

HDFC seems to treat all refunds as repayments, right?

Don’t know

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
kannu.rider304 wrote:

It is counted as payment on all other cards

Let them reply, maybe they’ll reverse.
keep us posted.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

When i redeem rewards it considers it as repayment

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Cred cb credited into my one card but that wasn’t processed so i guess they don’t allow any 3rd party apps to process payments for One card.

You should only use One card app to clear all your dues so as to aviod this in future smile

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Cred cb credited into my one card but that was processed so i guess they don’t allow any 3rd party apps to process payements for One card.

You should only use One card app to clear all your dues so as to aviod this in future smile

JJ bhai aap kuch jayda hi aage chale gaaye. stuck_out_tongue

OP issue is different here OP is saying Onecard considered the cred cashback as a refund.




Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

It happened with me, I got 100/- refund post bill generation.
I have settled remaining balance after refund but ONECARD charged me 900+taxes for not paying 100/-
When I complained they reversed charges as one time good will…
will close cards once swiggy offer ends

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
AppleFan wrote:

It happened with me, I got 100/- refund post bill generation.
I have settled remaining balance after refund but ONECARD charged me 900+taxes for not paying 100/-
When I complained they reversed charges as one time good will…
will close cards once swiggy offer ends

Please guide OP on how to proceed for “one time good bill” waiver.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

@Tony007 take note

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied

I hold OneCard issued by Federal bank and CRED cashback reflects as Repayments for me.

I have noticed this error with OneCard issued by IDFC bank holders.

You could try communicating with them, asking them why are you considering cashback as refunds, if they stick to it, ask them from what transaction has this refund originated. I’m sure they’ll have no answers.

If they still hesitate or bother you much, just logde an complaint on PGPortal against IDFC bank, they’ll get to it.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
AppleFan wrote:

It happened with me, I got 100/- refund post bill generation.
I have settled remaining balance after refund but ONECARD charged me 900+taxes for not paying 100/-
When I complained they reversed charges as one time good will…
will close cards once swiggy offer ends

Where did u complain and how much time u requested them for reversal??

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Thunder766 wrote:

I hold OneCard issued by Federal bank and CRED cashback reflects as Repayments for me.

I have noticed this error with OneCard issued by IDFC bank holders.

You could try communicating with them, asking them why are you considering cashback as refunds, if they stick to it, ask them from what transaction has this refund originated. I’m sure they’ll have no answers.

If they still hesitate or bother you much, just logde an complaint on PGPortal against IDFC bank, they’ll get to it.

Glad I’m a federal bank holder

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
raset wrote:

HDFC seems to treat all refunds as repayments, right?

Yes, as far as I’ve seen

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

We have received merchant credit refund on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XX7019 for INR 1089.4 on November 16, 2021 from EASE MY TRIP.

We wish to inform you that this refund will not be considered as payment.

I get this email from icici in case of refund, 2nd line i highlighted irks me so to be on safer side i overpay usually.

Yeah I don’t understand this.. if they’re not counting the refunded amount as payment then where does it go? Suppose I make a transaction of 100 and later it’s refunded. Then I’ll have to pay the bill for 100 even though I didn’t “spend” it?

I was adding my ICICI credit card in Ola when they deducted 1rs and later refunded it. Got the same message from ICICI.

Why should I pay 1 rs even though I didn’t spend it? Hoe will it be settled then once I pay the amount?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
saxena_ wrote:

Yeah I don’t understand this.. if they’re not counting the refunded amount as payment then where does it go? Suppose I make a transaction of 100 and later it’s refunded. Then I’ll have to pay the bill for 100 even though I didn’t “spend” it?

I was adding my ICICI credit card in Ola when they deducted 1rs and later refunded it. Got the same message from ICICI.

Why should I pay 1 rs even though I didn’t spend it? Hoe will it be settled then once I pay the amount?

It will most probably appear as negative balance. 🙂🙂🙂

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
saxena_ wrote:

Yeah I don’t understand this.. if they’re not counting the refunded amount as payment then where does it go? Suppose I make a transaction of 100 and later it’s refunded. Then I’ll have to pay the bill for 100 even though I didn’t “spend” it?

I was adding my ICICI credit card in Ola when they deducted 1rs and later refunded it. Got the same message from ICICI.

Why should I pay 1 rs even though I didn’t spend it? Hoe will it be settled then once I pay the amount?

You are logically correct but thats how credit card as product has been designed. Refunds are not counted as payment and gets adjusted in next bill cycle.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You can f*ck them up, just mail them saying if they don’t correct this error, which is of serious concern, you will report it to RBI. They will come begging wink

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

You are logically correct but thats how credit card as product has been designed. Refunds are not counted as payment and gets adjusted in next bill cycle.

It’s not a refund, it’s a payment, refund can only be for some corresponding transaction, where is the corresponding transaction? Ask them to show how is it refund, and warn them if they don’t, you will take it seriously and pursue other measure including involving RBI

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
F7-Dimer-Primer wrote:

It’s not a refund, it’s a payment, refund can only be for some corresponding transaction, where is the corresponding transaction? Ask them to show how is it refund, and warn them if they don’t, you will take it seriously and pursue other measure including involving RBI

I agree that OP’s issue is valid that his payment got treated as refund. I was respong to post where someone posted that refund should be considered as payment.

@kannu.rider304 did you use your cc on cred store for purchase ? 

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply